nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
Does anyone have any opinions?

I just ordered a Sting Gray Rubi for my wife, and it got me thinking...

What would be on your color wishlist for 2022?

I’m hoping for something similar to Anvil. I feel the blue color choices are really super specific. I wasn’t sold on Chief, and hydro blue was just okay for me. To be honest Sting Gray might be my favorite color, but I don’t see the point in getting a second Jeep with the same color.

I know Jeep always has changes every year, so what are you hoping for...🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I won’t be buying a ‘22, but some of my past favorites were Rescue Green, Commando Green, Dozer and Rhino.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
A nice desert tan, FDE, or if they can't find the means to change from old colors, Gobi would work.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The Gator color on JTs is very close to FDE (except it’s gloss).

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Does anyone have any opinions?

I just ordered a Sting Gray Rubi for my wife, and it got me thinking...

What would be on your color wishlist for 2022?

I’m hoping for something similar to Anvil. I feel the blue color choices are really super specific. I wasn’t sold on Chief, and hydro blue was just okay for me. To be honest Sting Gray might be my favorite color, but I don’t see the point in getting a second Jeep with the same color.

I know Jeep always has changes every year, so what are you hoping for...🤷🏼‍♂️
My wish list is Gobi

Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Well we could certainly afford to lose some of the 18 variations of black/gray/white in favor of some bright colors. The rest of the Jeep lineup would benefit even more from this approach.
I have often wondered about the choice of grey for vehicles. Most any vehicle these days comes in an assortment of grey. This is the most common color on a lot also. Why? It is rather bland. From a truck drivers aspect I can say that driving a vehicle that is the same color as the road is not the best choice. Yes, asphalt looks black when brand new but roads are grey.

Nothing wrong if you like it but I just wonder why...

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I have often wondered about the choice of grey for vehicles. Most any vehicle these days comes in an assortment of grey. This is the most common color on a lot also. Why? It is rather bland. From a truck drivers aspect I can say that driving a vehicle that is the same color as the road is not the best choice. Yes, asphalt looks black when brand new but roads are grey.

Nothing wrong if you like it but I just wonder why...
It's a chicken/egg dilemma.

Dealers always say "we sell the most white, gray, and black vehicles". But their lots are also full of black, white, and gray vehicles, and the vast majority of buyers want to drive their car home today...not in 6-8 weeks, so what's on the lot is what's going to sell. So what's the cause and what's the effect? I really wonder if a dealer just decided one day that they were going to stock only red/blue/green/yellow/orange colors...would they notice a big drop in sales or would they just end up selling a lot more colored vehicles?

It's why my wife has had white and black vehicles since 2010...every single time we went in looking for RED, and every time the dealer said "well you can order it", but she wasn't interested in waiting months for a car...so she had to pick from black/gray/white. This time around she finally got tired of driving an invisible vehicle so she was willing to wait to get what she wanted. I also think that the fact that yellow was available was what really pushed her over the edge.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
That theory makes sense. But like you said, aren't the other colors popular? The bright colors are not my cup of tea but would rather have them than gray. I have to admit, the orange is pretty cool! Those other colors seem to fly off the lots too. I chose Sarge Green and had to drive to another state to get it. That new raspberry looks cool.
Sponsored