First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Personal preference and opinions had a lot to do with it, sure. I liked the idea of a V8, seems like the overall weight and application of a wrangler (with mods) could benefit from a v8.

For me, it should have been an engine upgrade that costs a couple of grand more. Like the 5.7 upgrade on a Ram 1500 which is a $2,300 upgrade

the 392 wrangler forces me into a whole package that I didn't want at a price tag of roughly $30k.
I hear what you're saying, but have you seen what the costs are to swap even a Sport with a 392 aftermarket?
Sponsored

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
There are no options/requirements on the 392 that would make me not buy one. It could come in brown only with a lawn chair for the interior and I would buy one…that engine overcomes all other details. I didn’t like any of the colors offered, but I wanted a 392. And I can always wrap it.

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
Personal preference and opinions had a lot to do with it, sure. I liked the idea of a V8, seems like the overall weight and application of a wrangler (with mods) could benefit from a v8.

For me, it should have been an engine upgrade that costs a couple of grand more. Like the 5.7 upgrade on a Ram 1500 which is a $2,300 upgrade

the 392 wrangler forces me into a whole package that I didn't want at a price tag of roughly $30k.
100% your personal choice.
But know this, when this thing swallowed the 392 it morphed into something completely un-Wrangler-like. It doesn't feel, sound or behave like any other Jeep ever built. Aside from the sheer terrorizing exhaust note there is no drama trying to merge into traffic, pass another vehicle or cruise effortlessly up and down any mountain road in the world. Any other powerplant offered is anemic save for the e-JL (not visceral - no soul). When you desire civility, it is one toggle switch away.
Stella built the anti-hero Jeep. It will never happen again.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
100% your personal choice.
But know this, when this thing swallowed the 392 it morphed into something completely un-Wrangler-like. It doesn't feel, sound or behave like any other Jeep ever built. Aside from the sheer terrorizing exhaust note there is no drama trying to merge into traffic, pass another vehicle or cruise effortlessly up and down any mountain road in the world. Any other powerplant offered is anemic save for the e-JL (not visceral - no soul). When you desire civility, it is one toggle switch away.
Stella built the anti-hero Jeep. It will never happen again.
Totally this, driving my JKUR around the passes near me 10-12k above sea level I had I tear in my eye as I longed to keep up with traffic and not overheat. Shook my fist at 1.8l 50mpg awd cars blowing past me. I was a teenager sitting at the kids table at thanksgiving wanting to rub elbows with adults.

Now… there is no drama. The 392 can pass a semi on an incline without down shifting to 3rd and reving 5-6k rpm’s. I don’t have to have the coolant temp display up all the time to figure when to let up.
Sponsored