Sponsored

2022 392 CA Additional Smog Equipment Requirement Rumor...

OP
OP
jack bauer

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
jack bauer replied: "But it does appear that there are."

Oh? New requirements that affect the 2022 Rubicon 392?
Yes.
That's the spirit of this thread.
Word is that MY22 392's are to enjoy some type of additional smog shit that was not required on MY21 392, in CA at least.
Again, no clue what is it is exactly, but two dealerships told me the same thing.
Sponsored

Ronin-go

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 1968 GMC stepside, 2009 G8
Yes.
That's the spirit of this thread.
Word is that MY22 392's are to enjoy some type of additional smog shit that was not required on MY21 392, in CA at least.
Again, no clue what is it is exactly, but two dealerships told me the same thing.
Yet no one has as of yet been able to pinpoint what that might be. It's definitely possible that changes may exist. It may be too early to tell whether it's significant if they do exist, or that affects the availability of CA compliant vehicles. Perhaps it will become with more time. It would be great to see if any of these dealers receive some sort of communication from Jeep on the nature of any such changes. Until then, we're just guessing.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Yet no one has as of yet been able to pinpoint what that might be. It's definitely possible that changes may exist. It may be too early to tell whether it's significant if they do exist, or that affects the availability of CA compliant vehicles. Perhaps it will become with more time. It would be great to see if any of these dealers receive some sort of communication from Jeep on the nature of any such changes. Until then, we're just guessing.
We are just guessing but Ford has announced a 10HP cut to Mustangs due to regs. Not a good sign!

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I've lived in Colorado, not a whole lot going on in the food department
No argument there. There is decent food, but it gets to maybe a New York 6 at a New York 8 price.

"If you have your jab passport and like eating with a mask on in some places!"

Where is that, exactly? Where masks are required while eating?
Thereā€™s no place thatā€™s a requirement, itā€™s just a red herring people use when they canā€™t make reasonable arguments.

Sponsored

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
We are just guessing but Ford has announced a 10HP cut to Mustangs due to regs. Not a good sign!
I was just going to mention that as well. Whether itā€™s a 2.0, 3.0 diesel, or 392 they donā€™t want you buying these in 8 years.

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m in CA and inquired about the extra CA emissions requirements. I was told no mechanical changes; that the changes are to the computer configuration of the vehicle. No one at Jeep or any dealerships Iā€™ve contacted can answer what the changes are.ā€¦par for the course. :headbang:

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Iā€™m in CA and inquired about the extra CA emissions requirements. I was told no mechanical changes; that the changes are to the computer configuration of the vehicle. No one at Jeep or any dealerships Iā€™ve contacted can answer what the changes are.ā€¦par for the course. :headbang:
Sounds like de-tuning the engine to me, at least reversible with a good tuner unless they lock it down the encrypted L5P way. Hefty fines for messing with those if caught. Why did y'all (not you in particular) not vote to recall and remove that regime?

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like de-tuning the engine to me, at least reversible with a good tuner unless they lock it down the encrypted L5P way. Hefty fines for messing with those if caught. Why did y'all (not you in particular) not vote to recall and remove that regime?
Yeahā€¦undesirable, costly to correct and illegal if caught doing that.
Itā€™s going to likely turn a lot of potential customers away from the 2022 Wrangler 392 in CA, including me. The state needs big changes. Donā€™t get me started..

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
What is the big deal? This is not just CA. It's a global issue with dozens of countries looking at clean air compliance.

Just take a look at your owners manual to see proof of this. The maintenance schedules are doubled and tripled to what they were just 20 years ago. Go the the auto parts and look at oils. 20,000 mile oils and filters.

Vehicles being manufactured today are more efficient, making more power, and handling better than anything made before. Unfortunately the lifespan of most of the current vehicles is what suffers.

Looking to get 300,000 miles plus out of a vehicle with just good maintenance habits is getting much more difficult. We are in a disposable society (at least here in the states).

I would not worry or get worked up too much over this. Even if the rumor proves to be true, it's not going to effect much of anything other than a few HP and /or some tweaks to the computer software.

Sponsored

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
What is the big deal? This is not just CA. It's a global issue with dozens of countries looking at clean air compliance.

Just take a look at your owners manual to see proof of this. The maintenance schedules are doubled and tripled to what they were just 20 years ago. Go the the auto parts and look at oils. 20,000 mile oils and filters.

Vehicles being manufactured today are more efficient, making more power, and handling better than anything made before. Unfortunately the lifespan of most of the current vehicles is what suffers.

Looking to get 300,000 miles plus out of a vehicle with just good maintenance habits is getting much more difficult. We are in a disposable society (at least here in the states).

I would not worry or get worked up too much over this. Even if the rumor proves to be true, it's not going to effect much of anything other than a few HP and /or some tweaks to the computer software.
Iā€˜d prefer not to have a computer-detuned Hemi for my money, even if it is just ā€œa few HPā€ loss.

I think it Is ā€œjust CAā€œ for the Wrangler 392, CA emissions requirements. Any other states currently requiring this for the 2022, 392 orders?

OP
OP
jack bauer

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
It DOES exist.
I'll post any color I get on this when the rep gets back to my dealer.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Why did y'all (not you in particular) not vote to recall and remove that regime?
They did vote, and they chose to keep the person they wanted. Just because the result wasnā€™t what you wanted, doesnā€™t mean is was not valid.

Iā€™d disagree with the first sentence and agree with the second.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 392 CA Additional Smog Equipment Requirement Rumor... E613DAC4-FF66-40CC-9CAF-9F9424B0E9EE

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Brandon, That chart is very skewed and phony. How can a vehicle manufactured in 2017 have a 11+ year lifespan? It is 2021 not 2028. These fake charts that are from a google search are laughable at best.

Please show me a 12 year old Wrangler with over 300,000 miles with nothing more than basic maintenance and same engine/transmission and running gear. They are far and few between.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Iā€˜d prefer not to have a computer-detuned Hemi for my money, even if it is just ā€œa few HPā€ loss.

I think it Is ā€œjust CAā€œ for the Wrangler 392, CA emissions requirements. Any other states currently requiring this for the 2022, 392 orders?
My guess: It will likely be any CARB compliant states. I think 17 states have adopted CARB standards over the EPA - Iā€™m not 100% sure. Amazing how one state where I donā€™t get to vote for any of the politicians gets to dictate the policies of other states.
Sponsored