Sponsored

2022 392 CA Additional Smog Equipment Requirement Rumor...

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
OK so my only issue is a flaw in your logic. What you just stated is a classic example of a false dichotomy. You’re suggesting the only alternative is dirty air and dirty water. That’s nonsense. Those kind of arguments work great for politicians but it is, in fact, grounded in a logical fallacy.

At least in world my only real issue with California (having lived there for 7 years) is their inability to realize they are not the center of the world. California, specifically la county has some significant air quality issues they’ve dealt with. There are ~16m people living in that county alone. That is double my entire state of Arizona. I appreciate and like when California can fix issues but just because it works there it doesn’t mean it will work somewhere else, nor should it. That is obtuse and arrogant.

You can see such arrogance in a quote from your governor and I think this attitude permeates Californian politicians (and I mean CA Republicans as well). They need to be checked.

“America in 2019 is California in the 1990s,” Newsom says, not approvingly. “And so, we’re not going to put up with that. We are going to push back.”

Now, the topic he was referring to I happen to agree with but his attitude is you’re going to like the Californian way of thinking whether you want to or not. If this attitude wasn’t so popular in CA then how do these CA politicians keep getting elected?

It’s just another type of flawed logic.
As a retired native Californian who remembers the former great golden state and is now actively researching relocation I have wondered how the entire slide into tyranny
Sponsored

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
Was this code on 21' 392's??
Waiting for a reply to this. I’ve asked several dealerships and Jeep customer service and cannot get an answer.

Is this holding up 2021 orders in CARB states?

raj21747

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R. Enfield500, Suzuki M109, 392XR, 1999 TJ
Waiting for a reply to this. I’ve asked several dealerships and Jeep customer service and cannot get an answer.

Is this holding up 2021 orders in CARB states?
I dont think I ever saw that code on my 2021 392xr build.

Gorpf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21-392, AEV-JL370
Occupation
Retired
I dont think I ever saw that code on my 2021 392xr build.
Dealerships told me that there is a box required to check for CA emissions on ‘22 orders. Unknown if this exists for ‘21 orders or if it will be a requirement for ‘21 orders in CARB states…

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Brandon, That chart is very skewed and phony. How can a vehicle manufactured in 2017 have a 11+ year lifespan? It is 2021 not 2028. These fake charts that are from a google search are laughable at best.

Please show me a 12 year old Wrangler with over 300,000 miles with nothing more than basic maintenance and same engine/transmission and running gear. They are far and few between.
The X axis is not representing the model year of the vehicle.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Time to buy a shithole of a house in ND or somewhere to register your toys.

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
they are banning gas powered weed wackers in CA - this is certainly true im sure about the 392....that state sucks, they are going to have a god aweful hard time powering up electrical cars when they currently cant even keep the lights on in the summer.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
they are banning gas powered weed wackers in CA - this is certainly true im sure about the 392....that state sucks, they are going to have a god aweful hard time powering up electrical cars when they currently cant even keep the lights on in the summer.
I guess poor people will have to not go to work too. EV's aint cheap. Even the cheap ones.

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
I guess poor people will have to not go to work too. EV's aint cheap. Even the cheap ones.
yeah i personally am confused how strip-mining the earth in asia with fossil fuels, to ship the contents/batteries around the globe equates to "clean" - the damage is already done by the time you drive it off the lot. I guess thats another topic for a place other than this forum.

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
I have 2 lines on my POC:
YCF California Emissions States Order
NAE California Emissions
I ordered my 2022 392 in Virginia. I asked my dealer about this and he stated it means I can register it Cali(?) but nothing is diffrent about the Jeep.

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
I have 2 lines on my POC:
YCF California Emissions States Order
NAE California Emissions
I ordered my 2022 392 in Virginia. I asked my dealer about this and he stated it means I can register it Cali(?) but nothing is diffrent about the Jeep.

I guess once they are 50 states legal then all 392 gets the additional CA emissions crap no matter where you ordered.

You will have to smog it and vin verified it to register a out of state purchased vehicle…

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess once they are 50 states legal then all 392 gets the additional CA emissions crap no matter where you ordered.

You will have to smog it and vin verified it to register a out of state purchased vehicle…
But I live in Virginia.

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just want to know that it will not lose power or noise for 2022?
Ok cool. I ended up contacting the dealership and they were wondering the same thing. So the Sales Manager called the factory and had the Cali emissions stuffed removed.
Sponsored