Sponsored

2021 Wrangler updates/changes

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
Hi everyone...

Planning to buy my 5th Wrangler in Spring of 2021...if there is already a thread on any rumors/facts on refresh/changes/new colors please let me know and I will delete this thread. I would be curious to know what might change, 2021 will be the 4th model year for the JL so may well get at least some minor cosmetic changes/updates and I am hoping for more colors, a better HVAC system (esp on the windshield in cold weather ) as well as fixes to issues I have personally had.
Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
I hear the model year will be +1 compared to the outgoing model year!

Haha JK, but on a real note I would not expect much cosmetic changes, but i could be wrong :)

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
If Jeep history is any indication, you won’t see much change other than maybe the addition of an option or something be standard that was an option prior. It’s jeeps MO. Then, you start to debate if you want to pay the inevitable +250 charge to the base cost. I’d say you plan on seeing 2 new colors, standard middle level radio and maybe a new item like a trail cam that will only come on a Rubicon.

Nostradamus has spoken.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wrangler’s mid-cycle redesign historically come every five years, which means it should come at the end of 2022 on the 2023 model year Wranglers.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm hoping that Competition from the Bronco, and the rumors of a Hummer 4 door pickup ( they had this, and foolishly caved on it ) will give us significant value in options, and features.
FCAs new European partnership will play into this, so exciting times ahead.

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I'm hoping that Competition from the Bronco, and the rumors of a Hummer 4 door pickup ( they had this, and foolishly caved on it ) will give us significant value in options, and features.
I'm hoping for full time 4wd for the Rubi.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
He must be waiting for the plug-in edition.

It will come standard with a ultra rugged plug that features rock rails on the prongs for plugging-in on the most rugged of trails.

Batteries not included, plug-in at your own risk and no plug-in stations have been planned for MOAB or Rubicon Trails until 2045, may cause Itchy face and cancer only if you live in California, see dealer for more details.

Sponsored

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Bout 9 months too early on this thread for any concrete info Official year model changes won’t be announced to media (under embargo) until next July.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i dont think hummer will be back because gm killed off hummer brand.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
as for the 2021 model year, i dont see and major changes except for some color changes and a couple of special / limited edition models.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hi everyone...

Planning to buy my 5th Wrangler in Spring of 2021...if there is already a thread on any rumors/facts on refresh/changes/new colors please let me know and I will delete this thread. I would be curious to know what might change, 2021 will be the 4th model year for the JL so may well get at least some minor cosmetic changes/updates and I am hoping for more colors, a better HVAC system (esp on the windshield in cold weather ) as well as fixes to issues I have personally had.
We may see a limited edition Hemi powered model of the JT, and maybe by some luck we also see it on the JL.
Sponsored