Sponsored

2021 Wrangler Rubicon order delivery timeline?

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You guys are lucky. I am overseas and only one place to purchase an American spec Jeep from and they are not even a dealer. So in addition to the normal wait time, we have to add another 4 to 8 weeks to make it across the Atlantic and then inland. We also have to pay between $1500 to $2000 for shipping. If we are able to get a new vehicle in 5 months and pay around MRSP or slightly higher, we are doing good.
Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I have ordered 5 mopars, all took about 4-6 weeks from order to delivery.

First your lazy ass sales person should be giving you updates, they can tell you VON VIN crap and also when the build is scheduled, when it is built, when it ships from factory to the local yard. My freind whom I ordered last 4 cars, shows me all the stuff in their systems. He e-mailed me at all the milestones. To be truthful I really couldnt of cared, knowing it gets here when it gets here. I saw 2 of them taken off the car carrier, the other 2 arrived in the middle of the night so wasnt an option, he sent me pics the next morning when he got in.

When they schedule to build them, is very dependent on parts, so if you have an odd one and they dont have the parts currently, it is going to delay. Also the biggest delay is the shipping, especially from local yard to the dealer, that holds it up the most, the truckers wont haul up here to Maine without full load so out of the dealers control. My Rubicon was ordered and built in 8 days and took 1 week to get to local yard in MA, and sat their for 2 weeks.

So pester your sales person, tell them to do their damn job as Belichick would say and look in their system and give you the updates.

OP
OP
BadWolf

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
I have ordered 5 mopars, all took about 4-6 weeks from order to delivery.

First your lazy ass sales person should be giving you updates, they can tell you VON VIN crap and also when the build is scheduled, when it is built, when it ships from factory to the local yard. My freind whom I ordered last 4 cars, shows me all the stuff in their systems. He e-mailed me at all the milestones. To be truthful I really couldnt of cared, knowing it gets here when it gets here. I saw 2 of them taken off the car carrier, the other 2 arrived in the middle of the night so wasnt an option, he sent me pics the next morning when he got in.

When they schedule to build them, is very dependent on parts, so if you have an odd one and they dont have the parts currently, it is going to delay. Also the biggest delay is the shipping, especially from local yard to the dealer, that holds it up the most, the truckers wont haul up here to Maine without full load so out of the dealers control. My Rubicon was ordered and built in 8 days and took 1 week to get to local yard in MA, and sat their for 2 weeks.

So pester your sales person, tell them to do their damn job as Belichick would say and look in their system and give you the updates.
Just to clarify, I didn't actually order from this dealer because I didn't feel they were being truthful with me. I just wanted to get a feel for the dealership, and the feeling wasn't good. There is a dealership about 4 hours away in Missouri that I hear good things about, but I think I may still wait awhile to see if blue becomes available.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Just to clarify, I didn't actually order from this dealer because I didn't feel they were being truthful with me. I just wanted to get a feel for the dealership, and the feeling wasn't good. There is a dealership about 4 hours away in Missouri that I hear good things about, but I think I may still wait awhile to see if blue becomes available.
No problem, I would still work with the local dealer, mine is 5 minute walk from my house, freinds now with the owner and his son who I work with to buy cars, will throw me the keys to anything and let me take for a morning or what ever.

My point was there is another thread somewhere, everyone is going to some website to try and get the status of their Jeep on order, when all they should do is tell the sales person to please provide updates, they can go in look up the status on the order as to the milestones. My friend on all his sold orders keeps the customers in the loop, it isnt a lot of effort on their end.

Yes definately get the color and options you want, that is why I always order, and buy it local, also ask to meet the service manager and parts manager. Ask the parts manager if he will give you a discount on parts if you go thru them, many will. Ask who is there best Jeep tech, use that guy and slip him a 12 Pk of favorite brew, will pay dividends. I know about 5 of the techs and only have 2 friends I want working on my cars if I dont do it myself. Both have helped me on my Jeeps, either in my garage or at the dealer on their lifts, so much indebted. It is a smaller family run dealer, so you dont get the smoking 5% below invoice, but I get the money back on the service and discounts on parts and whatnot. Would never buy anything 4 hours away, not worth it if you run into some major problem and need goodwill.

RubiconTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Stopped at a dealer with friend yesterday who’s looking at a Rubicon, asked about ordering a 2021 and sales manager said 21’s won’t arrive till late December. Lol, we got into a disagreement and I showed him these current threads. His reply ‘don’t believe everything you read on internet’.

Dumbass wouldn’t take my $100 bet I’d show him a 2021 before November. Lol

Sponsored

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Stopped at a dealer with friend yesterday who’s looking at a Rubicon, asked about ordering a 2021 and sales manager said 21’s won’t arrive till late December. Lol, we got into a disagreement and I showed him these current threads. His reply ‘don’t believe everything you read on internet’.

That is unfortunate he wouldn't take the bet.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Was he referring to dealer inventory arriving in December? Last some dealers were told is dealer cars will start build next week so they can get them in the lot where most are sold.

RubiconTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Was he referring to dealer inventory arriving in December? Last some dealers were told is dealer cars will start build next week so they can get them in the lot where most are sold.
Because the salesman is lying, trying to sell a 2020 and not being honest.

Jannine

First Name
Jannine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon,2018 Lincoln Navigator ,2017 Dodge Ram 1500,2016 challenger SRT-plum crazy ,2015 Dodge Challenger SRT -BLACK
We ordered our 2021 on June 9,2020 and just Got a text from our salesman that it arrived at the dealership today !!!!!!!! So about 11 weeks

Bbaust

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Have all the options and colors been released for orders? I hope to get one on order by November.
for those that have ordered, are the dealers coming off msrp or are you paying full price? I need to find a “buddy” in the business in the north TX area.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Blue isn't out yet.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
Have all the options and colors been released for orders? I hope to get one on order by November.
for those that have ordered, are the dealers coming off msrp or are you paying full price? I need to find a “buddy” in the business in the north TX area.
There's several dealers in Houston that offer 3-7% off invoice...

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy's JLU Hellayella
No problem, I would still work with the local dealer, mine is 5 minute walk from my house, freinds now with the owner and his son who I work with to buy cars, will throw me the keys to anything and let me take for a morning or what ever.

My point was there is another thread somewhere, everyone is going to some website to try and get the status of their Jeep on order, when all they should do is tell the sales person to please provide updates, they can go in look up the status on the order as to the milestones. My friend on all his sold orders keeps the customers in the loop, it isnt a lot of effort on their end.

Yes definately get the color and options you want, that is why I always order, and buy it local, also ask to meet the service manager and parts manager. Ask the parts manager if he will give you a discount on parts if you go thru them, many will. Ask who is there best Jeep tech, use that guy and slip him a 12 Pk of favorite brew, will pay dividends. I know about 5 of the techs and only have 2 friends I want working on my cars if I dont do it myself. Both have helped me on my Jeeps, either in my garage or at the dealer on their lifts, so much indebted. It is a smaller family run dealer, so you dont get the smoking 5% below invoice, but I get the money back on the service and discounts on parts and whatnot. Would never buy anything 4 hours away, not worth it if you run into some major problem and need goodwill.
I found out early on that the awesome deals people are getting in other states just aren’t happening here in Maine. Heck, I called 7 dealers last week and only 2 even called me back about ordering. One was Prime in Portland and they actually tried to tell me the lowest they’d go is full MSRP (I’m guessing because they figured a woman would just believe whatever they said). I ended up with a dealer an hour away, which I can deal with. They gave me under invoice and I got my VIN the morning after they placed the order.
Now is the waiting, which I’ve fully told myself to expect 3 months.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Check out the "Recommended Dealers" thread. It's stickied in this forum. Average is around 6% below invoice from select dealers across the US. Everyone else will either ignore you or say they can't sell below MSRP. DO NOT PAY MSRP.

acferk

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy
Just got a call that my 2021 Willy that I ordered June 6th rolled off the transport truck today. Going to pick it up tomorrow.
Sponsored