2021 Wrangler JLU pre 06/2021 TPMS

wildphins

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
We purchased a 2021 Wrangler in the fall of 2020. Shortly after, we purchased a set of K02s and had them mounted on the factory rims. Mileage was surprisingly worse, so in about June, had the original tires put back on. Mileage went up so we started looking for another set of rims. Finally found some and went to the tire shop to have them mounted. These rims are bare, so they need TPMS - even though I am old, and old school, I kind of like the TPMS. Anyway, there seems to be some confusion about what will work. I have read some of the threads about post 06/2021 builds, and my tire shop shows different part numbers for pre 05/2021, and post. I used OBD Jscan and found the existing modules seem to have a part number of 68411061AE. If I search for this, all I find is used ones, and I am not seeing a replacement part number. On a couple of sites, tpms.com and tpmsbargains.com, they don't list a part for a 2021 prior to 06/2021. Anybody know what's up with this and what will work? Thanks!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Why not just swap the original TPMS on to the new rims?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I don't know the part numbers but prior to 6/21, use the TPMS sensors for 2020. After 6/21 use the TPMS sensors for 2022.

OP
OP

wildphins

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
I don't know the part numbers but prior to 6/21, use the TPMS sensors for 2020. After 6/21 use the TPMS sensors for 2022.
I wondered if that might be the case after looking online. That would make sense.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I wondered if that might be the case after looking online. That would make sense.
It seems that some vendors systems can't handle a mid year parts switch like that so it can get a little weird when you look for it. So for you, just lie and say it's a 2020. It should get you the sensors you're looking for.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@wildphins

All the info you need to figure things our can be found on this forum. There is no confusion at all in regard to this TPMS stuff by a few here to include myself.

Forget using JSCAN to determine what TPMS to use.

Easy way for you is to contact a Mopar parts seller and give them the Vin# of the vehicle you plan to use the TPMS's on. That parts dept. will then tell you exactly what you need to purchase/use TPMS wise, on that specific JL.

Do consider buying your TPMS's from www.tpmsbargains.com / What they sell is fresh, non counterfit and with that you get terrific, before and after purchase , Customer Service. I get my TPMS's from this vendor.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
We purchased a 2021 Wrangler in the fall of 2020. Shortly after, we purchased a set of K02s and had them mounted on the factory rims. Mileage was surprisingly worse, so in about June, had the original tires put back on. Mileage went up so we started looking for another set of rims. Finally found some and went to the tire shop to have them mounted. These rims are bare, so they need TPMS - even though I am old, and old school, I kind of like the TPMS. Anyway, there seems to be some confusion about what will work. I have read some of the threads about post 06/2021 builds, and my tire shop shows different part numbers for pre 05/2021, and post. I used OBD Jscan and found the existing modules seem to have a part number of 68411061AE. If I search for this, all I find is used ones, and I am not seeing a replacement part number. On a couple of sites, tpms.com and tpmsbargains.com, they don't list a part for a 2021 prior to 06/2021. Anybody know what's up with this and what will work? Thanks!
Look under - "Description". All they parts that will work are there. So many listed because Jeep loves to change the part number all the time while the actual sensor and protocal stays the same. The newest OE part # for a pre 6/21 is 68406537AA However any Schrader 29093 will work if you have TFA and if you don't then you could even use the older Schrader 20398 or 29117
https://www.tpmsbargains.com/Jeep-WRANGLER-TPMS-Sensor-p/tpms-20398-03-jl-set5.htm

OP
OP

wildphins

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Thanks for all the help everybody. This whole process has been interesting and eye opening. I went back to the dealer, and the OEM part number they gave me was 68510382AA. This corresponds to a Schrader 29093, as Goin2drt said. Still find it interesting that Jscan showed the other number, and that it is real (I searched that p/n and found them used, one even had a picture with the p/n showing), despite tpms.com saying it wasn't a real number. I ordered the 29093 (my tire guy said Schraders are good), and will take them to him when they arrive.

Sponsored

Moblrn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S 3.6 liter V6
Occupation
RN
This topic seems to be what I need.

My first Wrangler was a 2019 soft top. After owing it for about a year I found this forum and a set of take off Rubicon KO2's and black/silver rims. Put them on my 2019 and the TPMS quit. Replaced the sensors and all was well with the 2019.

A month ago I traded the 2019 for a 2022. Kept the black/silver wheels, but not the KO2's. Put the rims and tires on the 2022 and thought the TPMS reprograming worked, but no. The tech is now unable to get them to pair with the 2022. I could put the stock wheels back on, but like the black/silver even more on the White 2022.

I guess a trip to the dealer will have to happen. Is it possible to reset the Jeep to the Aftermarked sensors or will I have to buy new Jeep OEM's?

Thanks,

Rod
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler JLU pre 06/2021 TPMS 20220804_172547
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler JLU pre 06/2021 TPMS 20220717_182416

OP
OP

wildphins

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
My tire guy seems pretty confident in his ability to tell the Schraders what vehicle they are on. I should be receiving the sensors this week and will take them to him to see how it goes. I will post the results.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This topic seems to be what I need.

My first Wrangler was a 2019 soft top. After owing it for about a year I found this forum and a set of take off Rubicon KO2's and black/silver rims. Put them on my 2019 and the TPMS quit. Replaced the sensors and all was well with the 2019.

A month ago I traded the 2019 for a 2022. Kept the black/silver wheels, but not the KO2's. Put the rims and tires on the 2022 and thought the TPMS reprograming worked, but no. The tech is now unable to get them to pair with the 2022. I could put the stock wheels back on, but like the black/silver even more on the White 2022.

I guess a trip to the dealer will have to happen. Is it possible to reset the Jeep to the Aftermarked sensors or will I have to buy new Jeep OEM's?

Thanks,

Rod
2019 and 2022 are completely different protocols and they cannot be - "programmed". You will need new TPMS for your 2022. You should take the TPMS out of your 2022 wheels and put them in the wheels that you are installing (I believe the ones off your 2019)

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My tire guy seems pretty confident in his ability to tell the Schraders what vehicle they are on. I should be receiving the sensors this week and will take them to him to see how it goes. I will post the results.
Unless you have Schrader 33500 AND they have the new update AND they have a programmer to program Schrader programmable sensors you CANNOT reprogram an OE Schrader sensor to work on a different year if the protocol has changed. I.E. you CANNOT take an OE (factory TPMS)TPMS sensor off a 6/21 or older and REPROGRAM it to work on a 6/21 and newer.

Moblrn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S 3.6 liter V6
Occupation
RN
Thanks for the replies.

The sensors in the Rubicon wheels are "Aftermarket" and were put in in May of this year when I put the wheels finally on the 2019. The Rubicon they came off of was a 2018.

The tire shop I'm using is owned by my younger brother who knows nothing about the TPMS device. He has an "Employee" who is the "expert" but hasn't been able to figure it out, so far. I'm trying to learn how to use the device, but they are not user friendly and there is no "Book". Haven't been able to discuss an "upgrade" to the device and maybe an in-service on the proper use.

I'm helping the bro out till October, have yet to decide if I want to stay or go back to my Travel Nursing gig. I'm enjoying the tire shop and am learning and relearning stuff from way back, but the pay isn't very good (none currently). I think the business can support us both, but there needs to be a few changes. He's the owner and has been in the business for many years now. I started out in a Full Service Gas station , but then went off to the health care role when I failed with my first solo business venture. EMS and Nursing have treated me well and I've seen many places as a travel professional. It's not the same now though. It's more retail and if I'm going to do retail, I'd rather sell tires.

Sorry for the post hijack. I'll only post the solution when it's finally discovered.

Rod
Sponsored