First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Jeep is building the 2021 model until December 4, 2021 and starting production on the 2022 model on December 6, 2021. We should be able to start ordering 2022's when allocation is release for either September or October. Will know more late in the summer.
Yeah that sounds way off. Why did they just decide to change everything for this year?

The pandemic? That was going on in 2020 but they took orders for 21s in June of 2020 regardless. The chip shortage? Wranglers other than the 4Xe are not affected by the chip shortage.

Have we ever in seen a new MY vehicle not released until the middle part of the year for it's release? For example, I never saw a 2021 model car waiting to be released until the middle of 2021. For the most part, 21 MY vehicles were available in September of 2020 for most manufacturers.
Sponsored

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Yeah that sounds way off. Why did they just decide to change everything for this year? The pandemic? That was going on in 2020 but they took orders for 21s in June of 2020? The chip shortage? Wranglers other than the 4Xe are no affected by the chip shortage. Have we ever in seen a new MY vehicle not released until the middle part of the year for it's release year? Meaning I have never seen a 2021 model car not released for sell until the middle of 2021. Most of the time 21 models were available in September of 2020 for most car manufacturers.
Who knows maybe the rumor of Uconnect5 is true but it's taking longer to source the parts due to chip shortages so they decided to extend current year. It could be anything though as there no longer seems to be a normal. Maybe the Dec. date is being spread around by the same source we should know soon enough if it's true or not.

IdahoSting

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Yeah that sounds way off. Why did they just decide to change everything for this year?

The pandemic? That was going on in 2020 but they took orders for 21s in June of 2020 regardless. The chip shortage? Wranglers other than the 4Xe are not affected by the chip shortage.

Have we ever in seen a new MY vehicle not released until the middle part of the year for it's release? For example, I never saw a 2021 model car waiting to be released until the middle of 2021. For the most part, 21 MY vehicles were available in September of 2020 for most manufacturers.
Hopefully, we will know one way or another within the next couple of weeks. There was no updated Order Guide for the Gladiator for May which seems a bit unusual as well... I am going to wait at least another couple of weeks.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Who knows maybe the rumor of Uconnect5 is true but it's taking longer to source the parts due to chip shortages so they decided to extend current year. It could be anything though as there no longer seems to be a normal. Maybe the Dec. date is being spread around by the same source we should know soon enough if it's true or not.
I am going to be disappointed if so. Not going to believe it until we have a confirmation across the board.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hopefully, we will know one way or another within the next couple of weeks. There was no updated Order Guide for the Gladiator for May which seems a bit unusual as well... I am going to wait at least another couple of weeks.
Agreed. I am waiting too.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I believe Jeep can build a 2022 anywhere from Jan 2021 until December 2023. The best example that I can think of very late release was the 2004 Mitsubishi Evolution, the 2004 didn't until the fall of 2004, but they were short run. (The 2003 also didn't start until Jan 2003 either)

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I believe Jeep can build a 2022 anywhere from Jan 2021 until December 2023. The best example that I can think of very late release was the 2004 Mitsubishi Evolution, the 2004 didn't until the fall of 2004, but they were short run. (The 2003 also didn't start until Jan 2003 either)
So it has happened but is highly uncommon. If it is true, then a refresh could actually be coming to the 2022 MY. Either way it sucks for me because I do not want a 2021. I will have to figure my situation out.

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
FWIW, Jim Marsh Jeep in Vegas told me over the phone today that 2021's can still be ordered.

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep is building the 2021 model until December 4, 2021 and starting production on the 2022 model on December 6, 2021. We should be able to start ordering 2022's when allocation is release for either September or October. Will know more late in the summer.
That is way different than prior years. I think last year the timing was around June/July.

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager

Just trying to pass along some info to my Forum brethren. I don’t have the time or inclination to post rumors. The Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM 2021/2022 build cycle has been set since January and although they sometimes alter the schedule, its never sooner.

The long build cycle for the 2021 was planned almost a year ago and has nothing to do with COVID, the microchip shortage or the Stellantis merger. The new Wrangler 4Xe this spring as well as the Grand Cherokee L later this month and the 2022 Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer all play a part in the planning.

Sponsored

jparty1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JGC
Just trying to pass along some info to my Forum brethren. I don’t have the time or inclination to post rumors. The Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and RAM 2021/2022 build cycle has been set since January and although they sometimes alter the schedule, its never sooner.

The long build cycle for the 2021 was planned almost a year ago and has nothing to do with COVID, the microchip shortage or the Stellantis merger. The new Wrangler 4Xe this spring as well as the Grand Cherokee L later this month and the 2022 Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer all play a part in the planning.
Thanks for the info - super helpful.. Any idea if MY'22 would compensate with a short build cycle or is December the new wrangler launch month going forward?

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Im more interested in what options and colors will be avail on the 2022 models than actual release date. I can and will easily wait 6 mo if I can get 35s from the factory, gears to match and a great color.

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
Thanks for the info - super helpful.. Any idea if MY'22 would compensate with a short build cycle or is December the new wrangler launch month going forward?
I would be guessing if I gave you an answer to that one. The only reference would be that when they have done this with other models (most recently the 2020 Gladiator) the following years production is back to "normal". (which would mean a July/August switch to the 2023 model)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
We all want information to make a educated decision for our needs. All we can do is wait until there is a official order guide from Stellantis. Even then I have to believe their forecasting will be dynamic and can change at any time considering the circumstances. Forecasting tools traditionally used in the past might be irrelevant in this market. Honestly I think anything is possible considering all of the very unique variables. The Stellantis merger, chip shortage, pandemic, another possible pandemic, global hacking. All created a perfect storm for chaos as far as trying to forecast production. And it's not just the Wrangler, Jeep, Stellantis that's struggling to deal with unpredictable forecasting. Every other car company is facing the same problems. The new Bronco has been pushed back a few times. Same with the C8 production. No one really has a grip on this uncertainity. Just take a look at the used car market. When has anyone ever seen a depreciating asset like a car go UP in value like a commodity? How crazy is it that people can sell at wholesale a 2 year old Wrangler for more than what they originally paid for it 2 years ago? I mean the wholesaler still has to retail the 2 year old used vehicle! This has NEVER been seen before. I mean NEVER.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Those are pretty specific dates. Was this timeline from your regional rep? Thanks.
Sponsored