2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Mine has been in "inspection" for over a week. Waiting for my sticker is my current step of the 78 part wait.

I see my dealer has one single 21 JL on their website and no pictures yet. Guess that's the only sticker they have ready so far. I know they ordered a ton.
Sponsored

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
2021 diesel Willys
Order date 8/19/2020
Build sheet found 9/17/2020
Sticker found 9/18/2020

Just received an email from VIN tracking saying my Sticker is found!!

I'm so excited! I wonder how much longer I have to wait? Just want to be able to drive my jeep!

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
That dealer is relatively full of shit. The '21 guide will be out mid to late June, with orders starting early July and production later that month. Expect first customer order deliveries first/second week of August...UNLESS Jeep short staffs to keep workers better distanced, at which point everything above goes out the window and it's just a crap shoot.
I ordered my very first Wrangler (2021) JLU Willys in Sarge Green on 9/15 and was told to expect ā€œat leastā€ 12 weeks for delivery. From my research that seems about right. O be honest, I much prefer the expectation being set for a longer wait, rather than shorter so as not to get my hopes up for a speedy turnaround. Iā€™m going to allow 14 weeks before I become the proverbial squeaky wheel. ā˜ŗ

Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my very first Wrangler (2021) JLU Willys in Sarge Green on 9/15 and was told to expect ā€œat leastā€ 12 weeks for delivery. From my research that seems about right. O be honest, I much prefer the expectation being set for a longer wait, rather than shorter so as not to get my hopes up for a speedy turnaround. Iā€™m going to allow 14 weeks before I become the proverbial squeaky wheel. ā˜ŗ
Just took delivery of this one yesterday. 7 weeks from order to the dealer lot! YMMV though :)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production IMG_3582

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Just took delivery of this one yesterday. 7 weeks from order to the dealer lot! YMMV though :)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production IMG_3582
What a beauty!! I love it. Sarge Green isnā€™t for everyone, but I couldnā€™t see myself in anything else. I went with the tan interior. Canā€™t wait to get it. Have fun in yours. ā˜ŗ

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
What a beauty!! I love it. Sarge Green isnā€™t for everyone, but I couldnā€™t see myself in anything else. I went with the tan interior. Canā€™t wait to get it. Have fun in yours. ā˜ŗ
Yes it looks really good! You will love it

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
But that doesn't change the fact that dealers are more often than not misinformed and worse, misinforming buyers. People were taking delivery in August, well ahead of this dealer's claim that the ordering guides wouldn't even be out until September.
As an example, if your order takes 12 weeks, it means something seriously went wrong with the build, or there is a parts restriction. 6-7 weeks is the average. Yours will be in your driveway by Halloween. If it's not, you can borrow mine...

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my Willys on 6/15 and it was put on a rail car on 9/9 with the latest eta to the dealer of 10/20 (3 prior etas). So that would be 125 days or just under 18 weeks. But, Nerubi tells me not to count pre-production time, although ordered, so with that logic it would be about 10 weeks from the start of plant production -- assuming it arrives on the latest eta.

Sponsored

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
But that doesn't change the fact that dealers are more often than not misinformed and worse, misinforming buyers. People were taking delivery in August, well ahead of this dealer's claim that the ordering guides wouldn't even be out until September.
As an example, if your order takes 12 weeks, it means something seriously went wrong with the build, or there is a parts restriction. 6-7 weeks is the average. Yours will be in your driveway by Halloween. If it's not, you can borrow mine...
LOL! Appreciate the offer. ā˜ŗ Are the times you suggest for the 2021? And does it take into account the pandemic shutdown that took place in Ohio so that they could outfit the factory to be accordance with CDC guidelines? I watched the YouTube video on the changes they made. I have to imagine it may have set their timing back a week or so - but I canā€™t be certain.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I am ready to pull the trigger tomorrow...dealer who I have bought 15 cars from says its a 100 day turn around,,,so yes, seems like 3 month

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
LOL! Appreciate the offer. ā˜ŗ Are the times you suggest for the 2021? And does it take into account the pandemic shutdown that took place in Ohio so that they could outfit the factory to be accordance with CDC guidelines? I watched the YouTube video on the changes they made. I have to imagine it may have set their timing back a week or so - but I canā€™t be certain.
Did you get it yet? I would hate to have to follow through on my offer, with tomorrow being Hallowe'en and all.

DogplasmaPeopleplasma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner Trail Premium....2021 JLUR
I was perusing the threads and saw you were in Philly, so this may be timely. I am right across the river and I ordered my 2021 JLUR Manual from Lucas Jeep in Lumberton/Mt Holly, NJ on 6/18. The order was submitted into the system on 6/20 and it arrived on 9/29. I bugged Jeep Chat in August and believe it probably shipped from Toledo at the end of August/beginning of September. Mine has a Sky One Touch Top which may be out of the ordinary, but all the other options were basic things like towing/cold weather/8.4" Alpine/LED, so these I don't think would have required extra time to throw in Mopar accessory add-ons like the soft top box in the back, or tailgate reinforcement, etc. I also believe that this distance would have required a train ride and based on my research in other threads dating back to the 2018/2019 era when they were new, there is a rail yard south of Chester as well as one up by Newark, NJ that the train would have gone to, and then a truck ride to the dealer. So time to order and complete the build was probably 1.5-2 months and another month for transit. By now I would hope they have the additional Covid procedures dialed in at the factory for the build process so perhaps your wait may be a little shorter. Hope that helps and be safe!.
Sponsored