Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This may be a one off so pardon me if it is, but I wonder if the "ship" date is really just the date that they are expecting it to move to the next status? Once it hit D1, mine had 8/26 as the ship date which we all know as the build date, and now that it moved to JS, the "ship" date is 9/11. I know that rhyme and reason is near non-existent so take it all with a grain of salt, but it kinda makes sense to me that they could use that 1 field over and over again to simplify things.
Once built the ship date is the estimated ship date from the plant. Because many appear to be waiting for transportation this can move one way or the other depending on what transport they can find an opening on.
Sponsored

SiNiSon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
This may be a one off so pardon me if it is, but I wonder if the "ship" date is really just the date that they are expecting it to move to the next status? Once it hit D1, mine had 8/26 as the ship date which we all know as the build date, and now that it moved to JS, the "ship" date is 9/11. I know that rhyme and reason is near non-existent so take it all with a grain of salt, but it kinda makes sense to me that they could use that 1 field over and over again to simplify things.
Yeah mine has a RAMP date of 9/11 for a train..

SiNiSon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Aug 27 - 8/27 Ship Date will obvie miss :( updated 8/26 Status F Paint
Aug 29 - Status FS :clap: my understanding is that it is now waiting to hop a rail transport here...

Closer and closer..

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Does “crypto’s tickers.net” legitimately track/update the build progress?

Mine shows “not found” under build and sticker still. It does show that it is updated every time I check it.

Also curious what the actual average order to delivery time is. I have read 6-8 weeks, as well as 8-10 weeks.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does “crypto’s tickers.net” legitimately track/update the build progress?

Mine shows “not found” under build and sticker still. It does show that it is updated every time I check it.

Also curious what the actual average order to delivery time is. I have read 6-8 weeks, as well as 8-10 weeks.
Been answered several times. Crypto publishes a build sheet usually within one to three days of assembly start. Sticker comes one to three days after build completed. Once in a while they never show.

No average order to delivery time. Those that ordered June 5 could not get a delivery because it was 2 months before they started production. And even then people that ordered in mid-July already had their's built while many early orders still sit waiting to be built. And once built they still may wait weeks in inspection or storage. There is still a 2020 order in inspection going on 4 weeks. There is a slowdown in transport availability. If you live close to Toledo you may get it in 3 to 5 days. On the coasts may be 3 weeks of transport then it may sit in a rail dropyard for weeks.

So answer is 3 weeks to 5 months.

Sponsored

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Been answered several times. Crypto publishes a build sheet usually within one to three days of assembly start. Sticker comes one to three days after build completed. Once in a while they never show.

No average order to delivery time. Those that ordered June 5 could not get a delivery because it was 2 months before they started production. And even then people that ordered in mid-July already had their's built while many early orders still sit waiting to be built. And once built they still may wait weeks in inspection or storage. There is still a 2020 order in inspection going on 4 weeks. There is a slowdown in transport availability. If you live close to Toledo you may get it in 3 to 5 days. On the coasts may be 3 weeks of transport then it may sit in a rail dropyard for weeks.

So answer is 3 weeks to 5 months.
Omg!! Five months.... love driving the yj around right now. Top and doors off, boggers . It’s going to be cold soon. Have the soft top, but no heater.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Nerubi aka Mike - I am going to send you a bottle of your most favorite drink. You totally deserved it. The wealth of information that you provided and your patience to share, explain and answer the questions here in the forum are super commendable. Thank you so much. And I am serious about the drink.

I am currently working with a dealer in NY - this guy is the most amazing person, no BS, super diligent and super meticulous in keeping me updated with the status of my Jeep. And when I have some question - I hit poor Mike up with questions and he always get back to me. My order is for a 2021 2dr Rubicon JL. Below is my build sheet.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production 1598862106907

Here is my timeline.

07/03 - Order date - deposit paid
07/04 - Received VIN
08/04 - Update from my awesome dealer that 21MY Wranglers will begin production
08/11 - Progressed to "F" (paint) status
08/17 - Jeep built - waiting for transport
08/21 - Sticker created on crypto - (my dealer told me that it means it has been picked up for transit - est 7 - 10 days)

In the meanwhile, I am getting ready to say good bye to my 2019 2 Dr JL Sport S - my dealer gave me a good price for it and by trading in I will save on sales tax. I have to remove all my decals, remove the side step (will install it in the new Jeep) clean the Jeep, put the top back, and take it for one more spin for old time sake and thanking this Jeep for all the wonderful time I had (hey its my first Jeep - its sentimental to me) in preparation for trade in!

Same color, better built, and will be putting in the same but newly made decals on it. And I will still have my sidekick Dino riding with me (sometimes) and my two dogs. :like:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production 56065

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production 56803_LI

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production 51696

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production 56067

And Mike - thanks for the advice on the delivery checklist!! And also my gratitude to you, my forum fellows. The camaraderie between all of us are super awesome!

Good times! :like:

Adp13

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production 56067

We picked up our 2021 yesterday !!!!!!!!
Congrats! Looks good! I’m waiting for mine. I heard rumor they were getting rid of the red dash on the rubicons. What color is yours?

Jannine

First Name
Jannine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon,2018 Lincoln Navigator ,2017 Dodge Ram 1500,2016 challenger SRT-plum crazy ,2015 Dodge Challenger SRT -BLACK
Congrats! Looks good! I’m waiting for mine. I heard rumor they were getting rid of the red dash on the rubicons. What color is yours?
The dash is red .I prefer the leather look dash of the Sahara but I love the rubicon so I will deal with the red.That would be my luck that they get rid of the red now.

Sponsored

Adp13

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
The dash is red .I prefer the leather look dash of the Sahara but I love the rubicon so I will deal with the red.That would be my luck that they get rid of the red now.
Great, thank you. I saw some YouTube video where they mention the 2021s were going away from the red dash. Apparently that wasn’t accurate. Thank you for verifying. I know most don’t like the red dash but I do.

Jannine

First Name
Jannine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon,2018 Lincoln Navigator ,2017 Dodge Ram 1500,2016 challenger SRT-plum crazy ,2015 Dodge Challenger SRT -BLACK
Great, thank you. I saw some YouTube video where they mention the 2021s were going away from the red dash. Apparently that wasn’t accurate. Thank you for verifying. I know most don’t like the red dash but I do.
The red dash is actually growing on me .I think they make different color panels you can change out,so eventually I may change .

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Hi! Actually I did not want the red dash (I think it look pretty spiffy and of course it is a signature Rubicon color). I selected a brown leather trim to get the darker dashboard.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production 1598884283936

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production 1598884369694

Its just a matter of preferences I guess : )