First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
You may want to read this to get a better understanding of what is going on and what's ahead:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/
Great reference, read it all! Hoping they don’t accidentally sell mine haha, but the sales manager and I had some odd connections that I took as good omens, was born in same small town in Minnesota as me, but we both live in Denver now, and he lived by my current house too, and grandparents from another small Minnesota town, so made for an easy buying process ;)

Did you happen to have a link to that “before you sign” from the dealer checklist? If it was more suggestion, I’m definitely making a list, thanks again and time for patience!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There are two threads in the sticky section on it. Here's one:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-delivery-checklist.3453/

Make the list specific to your order with options. Take a flashlight and tire gauge. It is a lot easier to document it before you leave the dealer. And test drive it after checking the tire pressure is down to placard pressure since they ship them with high pressure and sometimes prep doesn't lower it.

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Great reference, read it all! Hoping they don’t accidentally sell mine haha, but the sales manager and I had some odd connections that I took as good omens, was born in same small town in Minnesota as me, but we both live in Denver now, and he lived by my current house too, and grandparents from another small Minnesota town, so made for an easy buying process ;)
Hey, I’m from a small Minnesota town! Would yours be on da range?

BLAM

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Hey, I’m from a small Minnesota town! Would yours be on da range?
Willmar, so 2 hours straight west of Minneapolis. Nothing to challenging for a Jeep, unlike Colorado!!

Sponsored

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
my daughter ordered her sport s on 6/2, dealer held paperwork until 6/8...just got done with jeep chat, her exact words:

I am showing the order would the following information. Waiting on inspection prior to release or until space available on carrier for shipping. I am showing no ETA listed on the order as of yet

maybe good news, I don't know how reliable the info is, after some of the "wrong info" threads

Ericl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
my daughter ordered her sport s on 6/2, dealer held paperwork until 6/8...just got done with jeep chat, her exact words:

I am showing the order would the following information. Waiting on inspection prior to release or until space available on carrier for shipping. I am showing no ETA listed on the order as of yet

maybe good news, I don't know how reliable the info is, after some of the "wrong info" threads
I’m at the exact same step according to Jeep Chat. My order date is 7/1 for a 4 door rubicon.

Deleted member 53226

I’m at the exact same step according to Jeep Chat. My order date is 7/1 for a 4 door rubicon.
It's weird how some orders in July are built before orders in June, etc. I guess it all depends on whether the engine and other options are available, and those builds leapfrog the earlier orders.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's weird how some orders in July are built before orders in June, etc. I guess it all depends on whether the engine and other options are available, and those builds leapfrog the earlier orders.
Not at all. Everything is available and the order of build doesn't depend on any trim or options. That has been confirmed by assembly workers. They don' t know the sequence decision either and no one is telling them.

RubiconTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
2 door Rubicon
Ordered 7/17/2020
Received vin# from salesman 8/8/2020
Calculated ship date 9/2/2020

Sponsored

Deleted member 53226

Not at all. Everything is available and the order of build doesn't depend on any trim or options. That has been confirmed by assembly workers. They don' t know the sequence decision either and no one is telling them.
That's very interesting. And mysterious! Well, my 2021 JLUS was ordered on 6/27 and it hasn't been built yet, so I guess I have to drive to the factory and slip the decision maker a crisp $10 bill in order to grease the skids and get mine on the assembly line.

Deleted member 53226

What worked for me was calling and saying I was Beyonce's cousin. Next day it was built after sitting in D for 5 weeks.
Yes, I could see how that would work. I did something similar when I called and said I was Paul Manafort's brother-in-law. It didn't work.

krummer

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trail hawk
I ordered my 2021 Sahara 6/19, got the VIN soon after. I've been checking the customer service chat regularly... they always said all parts are compiled but never gave me a build date. My salesperson told me on 8/17 that it was in the paint shop. Today the chat rep said it was having accessories installed, so it should ship soon I hope. Does anyone have an idea how long it would take to ship to southeastern PA?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my 2021 Sahara 6/19, got the VIN soon after. I've been checking the customer service chat regularly... they always said all parts are compiled but never gave me a build date. My salesperson told me on 8/17 that it was in the paint shop. Today the chat rep said it was having accessories installed, so it should ship soon I hope. Does anyone have an idea how long it would take to ship to southeastern PA?
Right now no 2021s are shipping. Word from Jeep Chat is those already built now will start September 1.
Sponsored