First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
If you read some of their comments on paydy they are very happy.
I want those guys to build MY Jeep. As someone else mentioned, I suspect that some workers are taking more risks outside of work than at the plant. There is no upside for FCA to running an unsafe environment. I've worked at a bunch of places, and even at the ones I thought were Shangri La, we had chronic whiners.
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I want those guys to build MY Jeep. As someone else mentioned, I suspect that some workers are taking more risks outside of work than at the plant. There is no upside for FCA to running an unsafe environment. I've worked at a bunch of places, and even at the ones I thought were Shangri La, we had chronic whiners.
You are spot on. In fact, I may even go on record saying I've seen more complaints from workplaces where there are the least issues; employees just creating issues for attention/out of boredom/staleness. However, I've never worked in an auto factory so idk what it all entails.

TheGasMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My 2021 order was pushed back a week like most. The plant is pushing hard to get 2020s out before they can start 2021 production. The plant employees are not happy as they are being asked to work 7 days a week for a month possibly. We shall see.

FB_IMG_1596666684730.jpg
So is August 10 still the 2021 production start date? Or do we think that will be pushed back a week to?

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 order was pushed back a week like most. The plant is pushing hard to get 2020s out before they can start 2021 production. The plant employees are not happy as they are being asked to work 7 days a week for a month possibly. We shall see.

FB_IMG_1596666684730.jpg
This feels like a selective CNN leak being manipulated against Trump. You are certain this is all 2020s? The anonymous source knows this is not building up 2021 inventory?

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
That's just their work schedule. Unrelated to model years. The point was to show that Jeep is asking them to potentially work 30 days straight in effort to get production back on track. The line workers are not told anything about dates nor numbers apparently. We shall wait and see. I've asked that they let me know when they see a 2021 come down the line.

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Agree, but it seemed like he was saying those were all 2020s.

I went from 8/7 to 8/14 as well and was told today (dealer) 21 productions should start in the next week or so. I am curious if people who were originally told 8/14 and other dates were all bumped back a week.

Cant wait for the first 2021 to be in the build process.

It's bizarre that it is literally the exact same jeep as a 2020. They could theoretically build both concurrently?

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Agree, but it seemed like he was saying those were all 2020s.

I went from 8/7 to 8/14 as well and was told today (dealer) 21 productions should start in the next week or so. I am curious if people who were originally told 8/14 and other dates were all bumped back a week.

Cant wait for the first 2021 to be in the build process.

It's bizarre that it is literally the exact same jeep as a 2020. They could theoretically build both concurrently?
I'm sure they could and possibly will at some point. As others have stated though, I'd be one ticked off 2020 orderer if I saw a 2021 come through the line before mine.

BarMaster

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The point was to show that Jeep is asking them to potentially work 30 days straight in effort to get production back on track.
Possibly but it looks like they are only scheduling 1 shift on Sunday. So maybe they are rotating on Sunday and only working every other? Also, union job I assume which makes it harder for the company to hire temps, but also assures that the employees are paid well for their overtime. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was double time. I’llm sure some are loving it while others complain.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly but it looks like they are only scheduling 1 shift on Sunday. So maybe they are rotating on Sunday and only working every other? Also, union job I assume which makes it harder for the company to hire temps, but also assures that the employees are paid well for their overtime. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was double time. I’llm sure some are loving it while others complain.
They actually do have contractors work, especially on Saturdays and Sundays.

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure they could and possibly will at some point. As others have stated though, I'd be one ticked off 2020 orderer if I saw a 2021 come through the line before mine.
Lol, can you imagine if they did that, good point.

It does highlight the absurdity in the whole concept of model years when no changes are made.

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Hoping this news is right..

A worker at the plant just told me the last of the 2020s are in paint and should all be done by Saturday.

I find that hard to believe, but hey false hope is better than no hope!

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys

A worker at the plant just told me the last of the 2020s are in paint and should all be done by Saturday.

I’m false hoping! I’m false hoping!!!! That is in line with the August 10th start date, so maybe they were able to bang the rest out?!?!!

Well, there goes my new found patience. I’m wait too excited to be patient now!!!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

i'll be posting a Crypto 2020 order status update later tonight.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The couple of Sundays are unique. One worker said there are discussions of going back to a more normal schedule, probably because those 2021 people aren't as pushy as 2020 people.

Union members hired before 2006 have a different pay schedule than newer members. Holiday work is double, Sunday might also be but I can't remember all the contract details. Many workers have been doing 60 to 70 hour weeks. They complain during the week but on payday there are a lot of happy comments from them.
Sponsored