2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

Ericl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I’m not sure I believe Emily from Jeep chat, but she just told me that 2021 wranglers have started production. My Wrangler is still in D1 status like it always has been since 7/1. The only thing that has been moving around is my ship/build date, which is now back to 8/11.
Sponsored

davcho80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy's unlimited in order
Are there any canadians who are ordering 2021s? and if yes do you have the employee pricing plus?

Last edited:

CO_JeepJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
Today is the first day Jeep chat has told me that my build will start will early August!

21 sahara altitude ordered 6/25
Congrats! Their scheduling system is so wacky, lol. I just checked with Jeep chat and I do not have a build date projected yet. Ordered 6/11. Maybe next week I'll be added to the docket!

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Ask your dealer. Jeep chat has been worthless for me. My salesman has been great with providing updates.

Sponsored

CO_JeepJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
Ask your dealer. Jeep chat has been worthless for me. My salesman has been great with providing updates.
I have had the opposite experience so far. My salesman kept telling me he didn't have a VIN for me so I finally asked on chat and they gave it to me. 19 days after I ordered. From my understanding they are typically available within 5 days. Salesman got it to me more than a week after I already had it. Not a big deal though, he emails me what he has about once a week and I ask on chat whenever. It will come when it comes, just a little frustrating when people have more info on their orders (even though in the back of my mind, it can change for anyone of us at any time).

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Chat told me today my Willys would be built in early August. But, NO date and my dealer has not received a date.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
You're lucky then, mine is the literal opposite with a side of disdain

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
Order a Red Sahara with the 3.0 Eco. Leather Interior, Uconnect Nav and sound, LED Lighting, Trailer Tow, Cold Weather Group.

Order Date 07/15/2020
CURR BLD PLAN 08/31/2020

Last edited:

TheGasMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Anybody out there hearing any good rumors Or any concrete evidence from either dealerships or jeep chats on when the 2021 Jeep wrangler productions going to start? Everything I’m reading or hearing is all over the place.

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Should we be worried?

if 2021 production is supposed to start on 8/10, they would do that temporary shut down for turnover around 8/7ish. The workers would know by now if that was scheduled? (I still don’t know what they do during that shutdown when there are no real differences between 20s and 21s) Am I wrong to worry about delay because there is no mention of shutdown yet?

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Should we be worried?

if 2021 production is supposed to start on 8/10, they would do that temporary shut down for turnover around 8/7ish. The workers would know by now if that was scheduled? (I still don’t know what they do during that shutdown when there are no real differences between 20s and 21s) Am I wrong to worry about delay because there is no mention of shutdown yet?
It has been mentioned here that no shutdown is required as the 21s are nothing new.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Should we be worried?

They announced no 3 week shutdown this year.
Sponsored