2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

SamB0311

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
There is definitely some variations on what Jeep chat associates are saying about 2021 production. I'm still believing the mid August dates but seeing your 8/7 ship date is interesting.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey

Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
There's a good bunch of us that have 8/7 listed as ship dates. Check out this link to see!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2021-jl-build-status-post-yours.52709/
Nice build, hopefully the production starts soon.
I didn't see many ordering Rock-Trac HD Full Time 4WD, I need to make a decision and place my order. :facepalm: probably will end up getting the full time, want to get all the options i may need one day :LOL: and keep this car for many years. But who knows what will happen 2 years from now lol

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like the plant workers are being asked to volunteer to work on Sundays based on employee posts today. They are already working 60 hour weeks. There is still a backlog of 2020 orders to build that they are trying to get finished. There is also a shortage of trucks and railcars to transport them.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
It sounds like the plant workers are being asked to volunteer to work on Sundays based on employee posts today. They are already working 60 hour weeks. There is still a backlog of 2020 orders to build that they are trying to get finished. There is also a shortage of trucks and railcars to transport them.
Lol, I guess the railcars aren't empty like we thought. Hmm...I still have no VIN.

Sponsored

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
In between the above and I took a look at the facebook page you mentioned, it does seem that the employees are in a bit of a rough spot. Who would willingly volunteer for that? That's brutal.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They love everybody waiting for their Wrangler and want them delivered as soon as possible. Plus it is probably double time.

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
I heard 'end of 3rd or 4th quarter' today from chat too and I have the meaningless 8/7 ship date. If the start of 2021s is not set in stone, either they moved production back to September or Jeep Chat has always been saying that line and the Chat folks have no clue.

I don't have much faith in what they tell chat operators or what the orders say but if I had to pick I would go with what the orders say in terms of when they will start.

If the stories of high demand low supply are true. I would guess they want whichever model is more expensive in circulation as fast as possible.

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
Wow! Q3 now Q4!!?!!??
But Jeep chat has also told me that my order would start production within 30 days of the order date. I think there’s a dealer on here that said he’s ordered 2 for inventory and they have August build dates
Sponsored