Sponsored

2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
For real? I actually had no idea? So you're saying even if I placed an order for a 2020 Wrangler on say June 4, if it's delivered in August I wouldn't get the "Employee Pricing Plus"?

Also...I was looking at Wranglers last year August/September timeframe...I thought I remember see much more substantial discounts than this Employee Pricing Plus...am I dreaming that up or was there really good deals around that time last year?

R
@Jeeperob Yup that's what I'm saying BUT let me find out for sure on the employee pricing, I can contact my guy here this am and get back to you. Employee pricing is a bit different than rebates and normal sale prices because it's a set % below MSRP or Invoice and EPP is generally noted on the build sheet they give you (it's listed on mine). Check your build sheet and see if it's on there. If it is you should be good (again I'll find out this morning), but if isn't you're def screwed.

As for the steep discounts you saw last year, that would have probably been to clear out the 2018s that were 2 MYs back because the 2020s were rolling out. I'm starting to see ads for 2019s still sitting on the lot they need to dump before they start getting 2021s. Remember, dealers have super slim pickings right now. COVID has fucked it all to hell when it comes to comparing against previous years. The dealerships are super low on old stock as is and the factory is churning out sold orders back ordered.

@bkod313 I wouldn't think so man. As was just mentioned if it's on your build sheet you could be good but think about how a rebate actually works. The rebate comes directly from the factory and is given to the dealer, it effectively reduces the bottom line cost of the vehicle to the dealer and they pass that discount onto you. So when it's gone, the dealers price jumps back up that much more. The dealership has no pull, if they are willing to "honor" the rebate that just means they are willing to take another $1500 off the price on their end which also means you probably didn't get a very good price. I haven't heard of a dealer willing to just give you money off of THEIR price because the factory rebates are gone. Make sense?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
@Jeeperob Yup that's what I'm saying BUT let me find out for sure on the employee pricing, I can contact my guy here this am and get back to you. Employee pricing is a bit different than rebates and normal sale prices because it's a set % below MSRP or Invoice and EPP is generally noted on the build sheet they give you (it's listed on mine). Check your build sheet and see if it's on there. If it is you should be good (again I'll find out this morning), but if isn't you're def screwed.

As for the steep discounts you saw last year, that would have probably been to clear out the 2018s that were 2 MYs back because the 2020s were rolling out. I'm starting to see ads for 2019s still sitting on the lot they need to dump before they start getting 2021s. Remember, dealers have super slim pickings right now. COVID has fucked it all to hell when it comes to comparing against previous years. The dealerships are super low on old stock as is and the factory is churning out sold orders back ordered.

@bkod313 I wouldn't think so man. As was just mentioned if it's on your build sheet you could be good but think about how a rebate actually works. The rebate comes directly from the factory and is given to the dealer, it effectively reduces the bottom line cost of the vehicle to the dealer and they pass that discount onto you. So when it's gone, the dealers price jumps back up that much more. The dealership has no pull, if they are willing to "honor" the rebate that just means they are willing to take another $1500 off the price on their end which also means you probably didn't get a very good price. I haven't heard of a dealer willing to just give you money off of THEIR price because the factory rebates are gone. Make sense?
The EP is on all order sheets regardless if they are offering it to the general public or not. I think the only way you are likely to get employee pricing is if you signed a sales agreement at the time of order with the employee price listed. We just ordered a Durango. The sales agreement lists the rebates offered at time of order and stated that if the rebates are better at the time of delivery then we would get those rebates. Otherwise, the rebates at the time of order would be honored. He indicated that those rebates were different than pricing incentives which are only honored if you take delivery while they are being offered. Every dealer is different though and ultimately they determine what they will let the vehicle go for. Even during these sales drives, the fine print always leaves an out for the dealers to decide.

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
Does anyone have an idea if/when the mojave wrangler will come out?

Sponsored

bkod313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Manual Rubicon Wrangler

Makes sense. Thanks man.

Sponsored

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
Ordered 6/25
VIN 6/30
JLU sahara altitude
Sarge green
Body color hard top
3.6l auto trans
Everything except advanced safety and tow

I was told to expect delivery oct-dec

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Ordered 6/25
VIN 6/30
JLU sahara altitude
Sarge green
Body color hard top
3.6l auto trans
Everything except advanced safety and tow

I was told to expect delivery oct-dec
This is a 2021 model, right? Delivery in Oct - Dec? :surprised: what are they building, a brand new car? My understanding is that not much changed in 2021 except some. New options so no need to revamp the production line. I was thinking sometime by end of August, early September. :facepalm:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You should keep your fingers crossed the UAW doesn't shut down the plants again. With Covid coming back big, with walkouts at two FCA plants last week, with FCA telling workers they won't get paid if they walkout there is a growing chance.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
You should keep your fingers crossed the UAW doesn't shut down the plants again. With Covid coming back big, with walkouts at two FCA plants last week, with FCA telling workers they won't get paid if they walkout there is a growing chance.
Well if it comes down to it, I will volunteer to go build my jeep.

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
This is a 2021 model, right? Delivery in Oct - Dec? :surprised: what are they building, a brand new car? My understanding is that not much changed in 2021 except some. New options so no need to revamp the production line. I was thinking sometime by end of August, early September. :facepalm:
yes 2021. They are only building 70 cars a week as opposed to the normal 200. There’s a new plant tour on YouTube of their covid precautions. It’s pretty intense, I’m ok with the build time. I want the workers safe and I need more time to save so I can add to the downpayment.
also Im just really hoping they don’t bring back purple or chief blue or I’ll be kicking my own ass for gettingArmy green.
I have a friend that owns a dealership and he said definitely not to get a 20 off the lot because they could not get any new parts. so they’re using stuff left over from 2018 and 19 which is usually the least wanted options. Aka 2.0 L engines
Sponsored