Sponsored

2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
Uggg, that auto with full time rock trac option is starting to pull me into the darkside!
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Uggg, that auto with full time rock trac option is starting to pull me into the darkside!
Darkside Kelly Clarkson, Darkside Blink-182 or (On the) Darkside John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band?

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Am i reading this thread correctly that if i place a 2021 order for a jlur manual that its a complete roll of the dice as to when it could get built due to the recall issue? Also that there are a backlog of 2020 orders with manual dating back to feb for manuals with no progress? I was getting ready to place 2021 order with manual but not sure i can just fly in the dark like this if there is no end in sight to this issue
Where are you reading that? I have a gladiator on order and over the gladiator forum there are guys back logged since late January. They have been saying the issues were resolved (one guy via a dealership, another from ready Jeep news online). I don’t know if the issues are specific to the separate platforms or if they span JT and JL both.
But that really sucks if that’s the case, anyone re-considering the manual with all the issues they are having?

punktexas

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Ram Yamaha Santa Cruz

Sponsored

dd31

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
can anyone confirm that 2020 Orders are in-fact closed? Or are they still taking 2020 orders?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
can anyone confirm that 2020 Orders are in-fact closed? Or are they still taking 2020 orders?
Closed. Per some who reported they tried to order and dealer said they can't.

dd31

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
Closed. Per some who reported they tried to order and dealer said they can't.
Yeah, so my local dealer is trying to talk me in to ordering 2020 to get it sooner, and im just confused based on the info here

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer told me they stopped last week.

bkod313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Manual Rubicon Wrangler
My dealer told me they stopped last week.
Yeah I spent all winter agonizing over what to buy, finally decided on a 2-door Rubicon manual in Ocean Blue. Emailed my guy last Thursday to say I was ready to place my order. He said he was out of the office but would get back to me the following day. We played some phone tag and finally caught up this Monday, only to find out that 2020 closed on the 4th (last Thursday), the price for my Jeep went up by $450, Ocean Blue discontinued and the $1500 rebate (2020's) not for the 2021's....so in an instant i went from getting my dream car (have wanted a Jeep for 15 years), to having to spend an additional $2k for the my distant second color choice. I've been so depressed about it...but life goes on. :)

If they bring back some sort of rebate in my region and maybe the Hydro Blue color, I will still buy one this year. Fingers crossed.

BTW - This is my first post. Thanks to all who post up pics and great information. It helped me figure out what I wanted.

Also - Why doesn't FCA give any warning on when they'll stop taking orders? Seems unfair that you just have to guess. Especially in my case when my color was being discontinued. The color choice is important.

Sponsored

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
Yeah I spent all winter agonizing over what to buy, finally decided on a 2-door Rubicon manual in Ocean Blue. Emailed my guy last Thursday to say I was ready to place my order. He said he was out of the office but would get back to me the following day. We played some phone tag and finally caught up this Monday, only to find out that 2020 closed on the 4th (last Thursday), the price for my Jeep went up by $450, Ocean Blue discontinued and the $1500 rebate (2020's) not for the 2021's....so in an instant i went from getting my dream car (have wanted a Jeep for 15 years), to having to spend an additional $2k for the my distant second color choice. I've been so depressed about it...but life goes on. :)

If they bring back some sort of rebate in my region and maybe the Hydro Blue color, I will still buy one this year. Fingers crossed.

BTW - This is my first post. Thanks to all who post up pics and great information. It helped me figure out what I wanted.

Also - Why doesn't FCA give any warning on when they'll stop taking orders? Seems unfair that you just have to guess. Especially in my case when my color was being discontinued. The color choice is important.
Actually, there was a posting in the forums over about a month ago stating they were going to stop taking orders for 2020 the first week in June and then start the 2021 in early July!

Sorry that happened to you. Most of the information on ordering and color changes do show up in the forums sometimes.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Just like in any business with the announcement of a newer product, I imagine people would stop buying the jeep if they knew a new MY was coming out and knew the exact date. Then the question is why bother having a month of slumped sales? Why spend XX for a MY that is obsolete in a few week when XX more gets you the new one. Also, some could argue the newer MY is better because even though the price jumps there are several instances where certain features become standard, or you get more features not previously available. So the price jump is a wash or worth it.

Also worth noting so you're aware... If you are going to build one do not focus on rebates currently available. You don't get them unless they are still there when you take delivery and most rebates are only valid for a short time (maybe a month). When ordering the only thing you know for sure is that you lock in the price as it stands that day. Typically the prices of the Wrangler will see many months in a row of incremental increases. What you get for discounts/rebates is whatever is there and available the day you take delivery and sign the papers, not what was available the day you ordered.

Last edited:

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Also worth noting so you're aware... If you are going to build one do not focus on rebates currently available. You don't get them unless they are still there when you take delivery and most rebates are only valid for a short time (maybe a month). When ordering the only thing you know for sure is that you lock in the price as it stands that day. Typically the prices of the Wrangler will see many months in a row of incremental increases. What you get for discounts/rebates is whatever is there and available the day you take delivery and sign the papers, not what was available the day you ordered.
For real? I actually had no idea? So you're saying even if I placed an order for a 2020 Wrangler on say June 4, if it's delivered in August I wouldn't get the "Employee Pricing Plus"?

Also...I was looking at Wranglers last year August/September timeframe...I thought I remember see much more substantial discounts than this Employee Pricing Plus...am I dreaming that up or was there really good deals around that time last year?

R

bkod313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Manual Rubicon Wrangler
Just like in any business with the announcement of a newer product, I imagine people would stop buying the jeep if they knew a new MY was coming out and knew the exact date. Then the question is why bother having a month of slumped sales? Why spend XX for a MY that is obsolete in a few week when XX more gets you the new one. Also, some could argue the newer MY is better because even though the price jumps there are several instances where certain features become standard, or you get more features not previously available. So the price jump is a wash or worth it.

Yes, all that makes sense. I see why they would do that, but on the flip-side it stopped me from buying and/or at least delayed. I should have checked the forum for this but I thought the year would have ended in July.

As for the rebate, in my case $1500 if I financed through Chrysler Capital, I was told I would get "Price Protection" by the dealer. Was that them promising to honor the rebate when the Wrangler came in, regardless of the current offer at the time or just flat out untrue?

Thanks again for the input everyone.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I believe that would depend on what price they put on your order invoice. Did they write in “plus rebate” at the bottom? Or did they use the rebate value and deduct it on the discount line of the order?
Sponsored