2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
It's all relative. You either have a 2020 Wrangler that's "an extra year old, resale-wise" but with lower miles, or you have a 2021 that you bought in 2020, so it's one year newer but will have higher miles. Don't forget that the price is always increasing on Wranglers too. To each their own.
That's true. I just want the 2021 order guide to come out soon now. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
Thanks for the update. 2021 is Jeep's 80th anniversary, I wonder what options it will have to commemorate this milestone.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
True. I was hoping a 2020 model would be a good one for resale given the fact it's the year 2020. LOL but due to everything going on, I think no one would even want the 2020 :LOL:. I really hope they release the order guide for 2021 soon. But just talked to a dealer and he mentioned don't expect it till September which I think that's pretty late.
That dealer is relatively full of shit. The '21 guide will be out mid to late June, with orders starting early July and production later that month. Expect first customer order deliveries first/second week of August...UNLESS Jeep short staffs to keep workers better distanced, at which point everything above goes out the window and it's just a crap shoot.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Thanks for the update. 2021 is Jeep's 80th anniversary, I wonder what options it will have to commemorate this milestone.
Look for that after '21s hit the dealerships in regular numbers, probably late November.

dd31

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
Will factory ordering open back up on monday (for MY2020)? My dealer told me 2 weeks ago that he couldn't put in an order for me because it was closed.

Sponsored

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Will factory ordering open back up on monday (for MY2020)? My dealer told me 2 weeks ago that he couldn't put in an order for me because it was closed.
It seems like they will be opening tomorrow based on some news that's been published. I was at a dealer yesterday and they mentioned that they can take the orders. Also, there are several post mentioning that they recently placed their order.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I was able to place my order several weeks ago with no issues. Not sure why the dealer would say that?

JKool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CRV - 2003 Ford Expedition
I was able to place my order several weeks ago with no issues. Not sure why the dealer would say that?
I had a dealer tell me the same thing last week actually, that they couldn't place orders, so I told them I'd be in touch today if all the news stays true about reopening today.

Weird that some cant.....or maybe wont?

WestTex42

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
I placed a factory order last Tuesday no problem. Dealer said factory was closed but opening today and that they could order anyway and go ahead and get the order in line. Sounds like some dealers telling people they cant place orders are just misinformed or lazy.

Webbie44

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Hard Rock Rubicon 2 door
FWIW....I am planning on ordering a 2021 2-door (it will be my 11th Jeep lifetime) and since 2021 will be the 80th Anniversary, I am looking forward to what the 80th Anniversary Edition will be (hopefully some extras on a Rubicon Edition!)

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FWIW....I am planning on ordering a 2021 2-door (it will be my 11th Jeep lifetime) and since 2021 will be the 80th Anniversary, I am looking forward to what the 80th Anniversary Edition will be (hopefully some extras on a Rubicon Edition!)
The last two were Sahara-based but a Rubicon would be nice!

Webbie44

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Hard Rock Rubicon 2 door
The last two were Sahara-based but a Rubicon would be nice!
I know....that is why my 2016 (75th Anniversary year) is a Hard Rock Rubicon with a purchased and added on 75th Anniversary Badge! Let’s hope they decide to do something with a Rubicon this time!

Myron

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
First post! I just ordered a Sport S 2-door yesterday and my dealer told me that 2020 MY orders had to be in by the end of this week.

I hope the factory shut downs don't hold it up too long. :)

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
First post! I just ordered a Sport S 2-door yesterday and my dealer told me that 2020 MY orders had to be in by the end of this week.

I hope the factory shut downs don't hold it up too long. :)
Congrats on ordering the new Wrangler! Welcome to the club of us anxiously waiting!

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
It's a bummer everything is delayed with all the shutdowns. Hope everyone gets their jeeps soon! Well worth the wait!
Sponsored