2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Well gee whiz, I'm so glad that you have patience for me having the temerity to express my legal opinion about FCA's website.

Regardless of what FCA's purpose is, it's shady and misleading to make people think they are "building" versus finding their Jeep when FCA is no longer taking orders for 2020's. Most Jeep buyers do not read these forums to read Mike's take (which I read weeks ago and which actually helps make my point, not refute it).

And as I said, having personally spoken with FTC investigators in several matters, IMO they would think it misleading. Not to mention it probably runs afoul of a couple California statutes.

Just some legal inside baseball. Not like I'm going to file an FTC complaint.
Mike has been very helpful, has responded to a lot of my posts and threads and other people's threads. As much as we'd like the 2021 builder up, Jeep will put it up when they're ready. Like he said, it's there to find what's on dealer lots. Do you expect them to just take the 2020's to the back corner of the lot and never sell them?

Last I checked and like Mike said, nowhere on the Jeep site does it say you're pricing out a 2021 model, so it's not misleading, and for me, even after I knew what all my 2021 options, I still used that 2020 builder to get a vague idea of what my price would be with the different options I could get (only 2 are different for me from 2020).

Also, that is just MSRP pricing anyway, it's an "estimate" of what you'd pay with financing, leasing, cash, etc... and even that doesn't matter because you're going to a real-life dealer who will no doubt give you a different price anyway -- hopefully better.

Lastly, chill out bro. Everyone in this forum tries to help everyone else, that's what it's for....I wasn't speaking about you personally, that question is asked so many times I've literally lost count.

R
Sponsored

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
Well gee whiz, I'm so glad that you have patience for me having the temerity to express my legal opinion about FCA's website.

Regardless of what FCA's purpose is, it's shady and misleading to make people think they are "building" versus finding their Jeep when FCA is no longer taking orders for 2020's. Most Jeep buyers do not read these forums to read Mike's take (which I read weeks ago and which actually helps make my point, not refute it).

And as I said, having personally spoken with FTC investigators in several matters, IMO they would think it misleading. Not to mention it probably runs afoul of a couple California statutes.

Just some legal inside baseball. Not like I'm going to file an FTC complaint.
this would be applicable to every vehicle manufacturer ever, since they all have the "build" process on their website...

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
Do y’all think there will be anything special done since this is the 80th anniversary of jeep?

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
Hey, when you guys say you got "order confirmation this morning" what do you mean? Is this something Jeep sends you or was this your salesman sending you the build sheet with the VON? I have not got anything from Jeep....only the VON from my sales guy. Still have no VIN. Ordered June 29.

...I will be watching the Bronco reveal on Monday :) ...I have to see what they have to offer!! After-all, I do have a Shelby Mustang, don't I owe it to my car to see what it's wild brother has to offer? lol
My sales guy sent me an email to verify order had been placed, not Jeep.

Also watching and curious, but isn't in any way dampening my excitement for my JLUR. When's it available? March '21?

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Also watching and curious, but isn't in any way dampening my excitement for my JLUR. When's it available? March '21?
Jeep won't send you anything.
Did someone tell you it won't be in until Mar 21?

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU

The bronco? Dunno. I heard production will start Nov/Dec for Broncos. Ya, I'm definitely excited for the Rubi as well, but I really wanna see what Ford has to offer. I've always liked Ford's (some people don't), so before I sign the dotted line for a Rubi I wanna make damn sure I don't want a bronco. I've already bought a 2019 Golf R which I "like", it just is very uninspiring and frankly kinda bland and boring lol...I know the kids love them, but me coming out of my Shelby and getting into that I just can feel the difference. And it's not the power of the GT350, it's just how the car feels. And I feel like the Jeep is the off-road equivalent of a Mustang. The Golf is disconnected in my opinion...anyway, that's my rant on the Golf. lol

I just hope for Ford's sake that the Bronco is everything they promise or Ford will no doubt have wasted A LOT of money. Bronco will be a brand, like "Jeep"...from my understanding it's a sub-brand like "Lincoln"...

Does anyone have the Canadian Jeep Cares number? Sorry, I didn't even google, so I excuse myself already.

R

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think he’s referring to the Bronco not being available until then. Is that right?
Unconfirmed reports say the little Bronco Sport by the end of the year, the regular Bronco next spring. Should find out Monday with the unveil.

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
Jeep won't send you anything.
Did someone tell you it won't be in until Mar 21?
Apologies, I'm seeing this now - meant the Broncos, not the JLs

Sponsored

GoBills

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Firefighter
Hi everyone!! Just wanted to give a little update on my ‘21 Willys order-I checked with the FCA chat just now and was told all of my materials have been shipped to and accounted for at the factory and I would hopefully be starting the build process any day now! Hopefully that brings some hope for those of us waiting for production on our ‘21’s to start.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Chat just said 2021 production should start second week to third week of August. Time will fly by - try it - blink and it will be August.

GoBills

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Firefighter
Jeep Chat just said 2021 production should start second week to third week of August. Time will fly by - try it - blink and it will be August.
Thanks so much for that update!! I’m hoping it flies by, it was nice to hear I’ve moved from the “gathering parts” stage to everything is in! My Firecracker Red Willys is all I see when I close my eyes now... :jk:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks so much for that update!! I’m hoping it flies by, it was nice to hear I’ve moved from the “gathering parts” stage to everything is in! My Firecracker Red Willys is all I see when I close my eyes now... :jk:
Mmmm...looks like a firetruck.

SiNiSon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Can't for someone to see a 2021 Scheduled for Production :) !!!!
Sponsored