2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
First, congrats on your order! I placed mine yesterday and received order confirmation this morning at 7am. JLUR loaded with one-touch.

I still recall my first Jeep purchase - it was my college graduation gift to myself. 1997 Wrangler Sport 4.0L. It was 'loaded' with rear seats, AC, carpet, the soundbar - MSRP of $20k. The hard top was produced shortly and stopped for nearly a year as I recall while they worked out issues with leaking (at least that's what the dealer told me at the time of purchase). Compare that to my JLUR build with its sticker of $58k+... wooo!
Hey, when you guys say you got "order confirmation this morning" what do you mean? Is this something Jeep sends you or was this your salesman sending you the build sheet with the VON? I have not got anything from Jeep....only the VON from my sales guy. Still have no VIN. Ordered June 29.

I've seen elsewhere seems that some have had to wait 2-3 weeks for the VIN. As excited as I am for my Hella Yella Rubi, I will be watching the Bronco reveal on Monday :) ...I have to see what they have to offer!! After-all, I do have a Shelby Mustang, don't I owe it to my car to see what it's wild brother has to offer? lol

R
Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, thanks! That has a tonne of info!! lol, I guess I shoulda found that weeks ago!

R
I just published it yesterday because I will be away from the forum and wanted to publish answers to some of the questions I get asked.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just published it yesterday because I will be away from the forum and wanted to publish answers to some of the questions I get asked.
Oh, awesome Mike! Thanks!

Only one issue. Jeep Cares doesn't have access to Canadian orders...which kinda sucks. They gave me a phone number to call...which the chat window gobbled up (window grayed out and locked up and I couldn't even copy it anymore) and now I don't have it!!! lol

Sponsored

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
Thanks Mike! I'm new to the forum and your posts/information has been a great value to me. Take care!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You guys in Canada with the privacy laws have to suffer. Jeep Chat says they aren't allowed to access Canadian citizen info in fear of violating the law. Didn't realize the color of your Jeep was part of national security but guess so.

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that Mike's info has been very helpful for us newcomers to the forum!

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
When will the 2021 be available on the Jeep website where u build a wrangler? Also is there anyway to get the recon red seat belts on a regular rubicon when u order it?
I'm wondering the same thing. And I'll bet the FTC wouldn't be too happy with FCA for its misleading website.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production misleadi

There's no way to "build your Wrangler" on the Jeep website. Both buttons do essentially the same thing, i.e., find existing stock. Shady.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wondering the same thing. And I'll bet the FTC wouldn't be too happy with FCA for its misleading website.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production misleadi

There's no way to "build your Wrangler" on the Jeep website. Both buttons do essentially the same thing, i.e., find existing stock. Shady.
The purpose of the website is to sell existing vehicles so you build what you want and it finds existing ones that are close to your "build".

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The purpose of the website is to sell existing vehicles so you build what you want and it finds existing ones that are close to your "build".
Lol...I can't count how many times you've said this Mike....haha. I applaud your patience.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Lol...I can't count how many times you've said this Mike....haha. I applaud your patience.
I get a truckload of valium delivered everyday. :clap:

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
Well gee whiz, I'm so glad that you have patience for me having the temerity to express my legal opinion about FCA's website.

Regardless of what FCA's purpose is, it's shady and misleading to make people think they are "building" versus finding their Jeep when FCA is no longer taking orders for 2020's. Most Jeep buyers do not read these forums to read Mike's take (which I read weeks ago and which actually helps make my point, not refute it).

And as I said, having personally spoken with FTC investigators in several matters, IMO they would think it misleading. Not to mention it probably runs afoul of a couple California statutes.

Just some legal inside baseball. Not like I'm going to file an FTC complaint.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
All that is listed on the site is 2020 so not misleading and FTC has bigger fish to fry.

My point several weeks ago is they should put the 2021 on there to visualize what's in the order guide and then go order one at the dealer, especially when there aren't any on the lots yet. No one should expect you can order an actual vehicle off the Jeep web site. Dealers sell and order them. Jeep doesn't do either, at retail at least.
Sponsored