Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info -- sorry about messing up on the Reply. Think I've got it figured out. The first vehicle I owned was right out of high school in 1971. I bought a 1953 Willys CJ3B for $400. It was a 4 banger with a 3 speed tranny. I put in a roll bar and painted it mustard yellow and black using a brush. Overhauled the engine twice before letting it go. 60 years later, I'm giving myself a "nostalgia present". A 2021 Willys hellayella with a manual tranny. Hope I can still drive it!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info -- sorry about messing up on the Reply. Think I've got it figured out. The first vehicle I owned was right out of high school in 1971. I bought a 1953 Willys CJ3B for $400. It was a 4 banger with a 3 speed tranny. I put in a roll bar and painted it mustard yellow and black using a brush. Overhauled the engine twice before letting it go. 60 years later, I'm giving myself a "nostalgia present". A 2021 Willys hellayella with a manual tranny. Hope I can still drive it!
That color will blend right in with the Montana landscape. :rock:

TheGasMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This was the answer I got today when I ask about my 2021 Jeep wrangler order. Any thoughts?
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production CEAA1E4A-CE7F-4D51-8178-7DB3882C8F62

JMon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Altitude (arriving soon)
This was the answer I got today when I ask about my 2021 Jeep wrangler order. Any thoughts?
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler Dates: Order Acceptance and Start of Production CEAA1E4A-CE7F-4D51-8178-7DB3882C8F62
You inspired me to check with them on my June 19th order for a 2021 JLUS. I got the same response which was better than last week where their response was that there was no update yet.

TheGasMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You inspired me to check with them on my June 19th order for a 2021 JLUS. I got the same response which was better than last week where their response was that there was no update yet.
At least it sounds like we’re going in the right direction

Sponsored

DogplasmaPeopleplasma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner Trail Premium....2021 JLUR
Keep us posted, I’ll be curious if dealers will actually be able to place orders or if they’ll just take down info and wait to process it.
Sorry it took a while to reply.....As everyone has seen, we have ordering guides now. I ordered a 2021 JLUR in Black, Manual Trans, Sky One Touch Top, LED, 8.4" Stereo, Towing and Cold Weather Pkgs. After years of hustling YJ hard tops/soft tops between different YJ projects, I am looking forward to just pressing a button :)

My order was placed on 6/18 at a local dealer here in southern NJ, and just got my VIN/VON (Just ask for an updated printout of the order and this info will be there). I noticed that since my initial transaction that it has already creeped up $100ish bucks. We already agreed on a price but I thought it was interesting that 1 month into the 2021 ordering process, the price continues to rise.

Other things I will throw out there worth noting.......after watching the pricing of both new and used JL's for a couple years, I am astounded how fast these are moving from the likes of CarMax/Carvana/Vroom and not very far from a reasonably negotiated price for a 2020/21. I can also validate the observations from others that some dealers will have the stones to just give you full MSRP, disregard any affiliate reward pricing claiming it doesn't apply and then make you think you are the weird one for expecting to pay less. The COVID thing also has dealers out for blood amongst themselves as my dealer tried to trade with a couple others and all expected him to pay MSRP +1000....it was funny to watch my salesman become the consumer but that is another story for a different thread. Lastly, I am being told that dealer inventory orders are being placed on the back burner so the factory will prioritize all customer orders first before fulling dealer inventories so hopefully that will help all of us anxiously awaiting our new rides. If you get an updated print out of your order there should be a " 1 - Sold Order " listed next to the Scheduled Priority field.

A bit of a random note, but the last new Wrangler I bought was a 1994 Wrangler SE with an MSRP of 16,200 (I found the sticker recently)......my have things changed. Back then you pondered whether to spend the extra coin on back seats, carpeting, cloth seats, air conditioning and power steering/brakes....and oh yeah, a cassette deck!

Good luck to all who are waiting patiently as I am!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For 2020 orders being built now sold orders are priority. But when they start the 2021 builds it will include dealer inventory because they need product on the lot. They make more profit, they get counted differently from sold orders in FCA dealer calculations and they need to show people what new ones are. Plus dealers have more pull with FCA than individual customers. That applies to all manufacturers. So the 2021 builds will follow the normal sequence from previous years.

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
CEAA1E4A-CE7F-4D51-8178-7DB3882C8F62.jpeg
I am way ahead of you.

"Thank you so much for holding Richard. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. Your Jeep should be entering the build process soon. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. "

Only about a month until we can start badgering Jeep Chat daily. I can't get any closer than this until then.

...But when they start the 2021 builds it will include dealer inventory because they need product on the lot....
I wonder how this works. My guess would be they pile them up for awhile at the start of production. If they have room. Two weeks worth of vehicles. They make 700 a day ad if they ship those all out on Day 1 there will be 6 dealers with 2021s and thousands of dealerships with impatient customers. Maybe they reward certain dealers with these? On the bright side, I bet shipping is fast with all the rails and trucks easy to fill. So it's just a question of how many sold orders they mix in with the regular inventory on the line.

Take what I say seriously, July will most likely be the first month I didn't order a Jeep since back in April 2020.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
While I agree that dealer stock will be in the mix, it shouldn’t cause much delay on sold orders. Many of us placed orders for the JL a month or more ahead of the start of production. I’m certain they wanted those on the lots as well and sold orders began showing up all over the forum within weeks. I ordered January 2, 2018 and received my Jeep on February 14th.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
An individual order/delivery result doesn't give the big picture. For every one built and delivered in six weeks there are many that take 3, 4, or 5 months to build and deliver. As they say on the tv commercials, individual results will vary.

Sponsored

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
So doesn't FCA have to shutdown for a minor retool before they can make 2021's?

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
When will the 2021 be available on the Jeep website where u build a wrangler? Also is there anyway to get the recon red seat belts on a regular rubicon when u order it?

Last edited:

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
....A bit of a random note, but the last new Wrangler I bought was a 1994 Wrangler SE with an MSRP of 16,200 (I found the sticker recently)......my have things changed. Back then you pondered whether to spend the extra coin on back seats, carpeting, cloth seats, air conditioning and power steering/brakes....and oh yeah, a cassette deck!
First, congrats on your order! I placed mine yesterday and received order confirmation this morning at 7am. JLUR loaded with one-touch.

I still recall my first Jeep purchase - it was my college graduation gift to myself. 1997 Wrangler Sport 4.0L. It was 'loaded' with rear seats, AC, carpet, the soundbar - MSRP of $20k. The hard top was produced shortly and stopped for nearly a year as I recall while they worked out issues with leaking (at least that's what the dealer told me at the time of purchase). Compare that to my JLUR build with its sticker of $58k+... wooo!

starzbullies

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Retired
My order was placed on 6/18 at a local dealer here in southern NJ, and just got my VIN/VON (Just ask for an updated printout of the order and this info will be there). I noticed that since my initial transaction that it has already creeped up $100ish bucks. We already agreed on a price but I thought it was interesting that 1 month into the 2021 ordering process, the price continues to rise.
I ordered the exact same build I had last year on 6/12 and I'm paying $1470 more so far for a 2021 because my 2020 was purchased back under the NJ Lemon Law. So, basically FCA is getting more money from me because the vehicle they built was deemed a lemon. Not bad... Like yours, mine jumped up $70 from when my order was placed on 6/12. Base was 42,125. Now it's $42,195... I'm not complaining. It was my decision to get another Rubicon. I've been a Jeep owner since the early 90's... So yes, I like my Wranglers!...
Sponsored