Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I started vinyl wrapping all my badges because I'm changing out all the red accents and then guess what?!?!? Jeep introduces this with all blue accents! LOL. Oh well, thought I was going to be different.

0919201158~2.jpg

Lil Red

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I wonder how efficient regen will be on this thing. It could cover the whole commute depending on the conditions. If the 25 mile range is even accurate.
I am wondering the same thing. We will just have to wait till it comes out to see some reviews.

Sponsored

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
Don’t do that!

Mojito is the only color that would make me not want a 4xe

Still waiting on the price before my decision

First wrangler ever, I’m excited and impatient!
Think what an electric would look like by crater lake too. And how cheap it would be to get there.

20200817_183725.jpg

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
25 mile range is pretty good, all things considered. Keep in mind this is not meant to be a full electric vehicle. For reference my Honda Accord hybrid had a range of 2 miles if I go “full electric”. But when I let the hybrid system work with combustion, the way it’s intended, I average almost 50mpg. Where an increased battery capacity can be very helpful is recapturing all the regen from long descents. Right now if I go down a hill longer than a mile, my hybrid battery will fully charge and the rest is just wasted energy.

Sponsored

TheMAnderson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L (sold), 2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
20 mi 1 way here. I could get to work on all E, plug in to standard outlet at work and get home on all E.
It probably depends on whether your commute is in city streets or highways... Running all-electric in a PHEV gives you much bigger gains in city driving, where the regen braking can work its magic and slow speeds keep air resistance from killing your battery. I traded an Audi A3 e-tron plug-in hybrid in for my JLUR, and it had a claimed all electric range of 25 miles. The best I ever saw was 20, and that was driving around town. If I left it in all electric mode and jumped on the freeway, the battery would be sucked dry in less than 10 miles. The 4xe Wrangler will probably be the same - and best used in hybrid mode, where it can use the electric where it's best - stop-and-go traffic and around town - and gas where it's best - cruising at highway speeds.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
It probably depends on whether your commute is in city streets or highways... Running all-electric in a PHEV gives you much bigger gains in city driving, where the regen braking can work its magic and slow speeds keep air resistance from killing your battery. I traded an Audi A3 e-tron plug-in hybrid in for my JLUR, and it had a claimed all electric range of 25 miles. The best I ever saw was 20, and that was driving around town. If I left it in all electric mode and jumped on the freeway, the battery would be sucked dry in less than 10 miles. The 4xe Wrangler will probably be the same - and best used in hybrid mode, where it can use the electric where it's best - stop-and-go traffic and around town - and gas where it's best - cruising at highway speeds.

Guess we'll have to wait and see, I hope it's more like the Rav4 Prime which a guy did a test drive and got like 2 more miles than the claimed EV. That's with highway driving, what killed it was driving up a mountain near Boulder CO or something like that, but on the way down it recharged a ton of course

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
I guess I'm still confused at the mileage range per tank. I can get 390ish miles to a full tank as it is now with the 3.6... how is this basically the same? smaller gas tank?
Sponsored