greenspeed

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2018 Cummins, 2013 BRZ
Hello,

I just got a call from the dealer that the 2" mopar lift (some same 2.5") won't work on the stock willy's wheels. We had everything lined up, but having to go with different wheels pushed the install price for everything over $6k.

Is this in fact true?

Is there a lift that'll work with the stock willys wheels? Mostly went with the package because of the wheels.

Tia

Green
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
OP
OP

greenspeed

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the dealer say why it will not work with stock Willys wheels?
They said that everytime they've done the kit the rears would make contact with a "bolt" since it's a sales manager I didn't inquire on specifics. He said it would clear on spacers, but not sure how I feel about spacers, never ran them.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I’ve seen every model on this forum at some point with the Mopar lift and stock wheels. I don’t recall a single person saying anything about having to change wheels because of interference with a bolt.

Something ain’t right…

Sponsored

OP
OP

greenspeed

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve seen every model on this forum at some point with the Mopar lift and stock wheels. I don’t recall a single person saying anything about having to change wheels because of interference with a bolt.

Something ain’t right…
That's why I'm here with this post... Something doesn't seem right

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Hello,

I just got a call from the dealer that the 2" mopar lift (some same 2.5") won't work on the stock willy's wheels. We had everything lined up, but having to go with different wheels pushed the install price for everything over $6k.

Is this in fact true?

Is there a lift that'll work with the stock willys wheels? Mostly went with the package because of the wheels.

Tia

Green
Any chance there’s a different dealer nearby you’d be willing to go to? Say, one that knows a little better?

I’d be hesitant to push a dealer that’s already unwilling to do an install any further.

Also, you didn’t say why you’re going with a dealer rather than a shop that has a good reputation. It’s been my experience that a good shop will work with you rather than pushback every chance they get.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership isnt telling the full story. Heres my 2018 JL Sahara on 2.5 Mopar lift and stock tires and wheels
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Willys Unlimited Mopar 2" Lift 1633141194596

OP
OP

greenspeed

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any chance there’s a different dealer nearby you’d be willing to go to? Say, one that knows a little better?

I’d be hesitant to push a dealer that’s already unwilling to do an install any further.

Also, you didn’t say why you’re going with a dealer rather than a shop that has a good reputation. It’s been my experience that a good shop will work with you rather than pushback every chance they get.
We haven't looked elsewhere, just thought it would be nice to have it done and then it would be under warranty still.

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
We haven't looked elsewhere, just thought it would be nice to have it done and then it would be under warranty still.
If you’re dead set on having a dealership install it, I’d shop around. There are literally hundreds of examples of that lift, on those wheels, here on this forum.
Installing the Mopar lift on ANY of the JL model Jeeps should be pretty drama free by this stage of the game.
Make some calls, or ask folks here about dealerships - or shops - in your area.

Keep us posted!

OP
OP

greenspeed

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you’re dead set on having a dealership install it, I’d shop around. There are literally hundreds of examples of that lift, on those wheels, here on this forum.
Installing the Mopar lift on ANY of the JL model Jeeps should be pretty drama free by this stage of the game.
Make some calls, or ask folks here about dealerships - or shops - in your area.

Keep us posted!
Not like it should matter, but with the lift we also has 315x70x17 on the list to add, but I know they'll clear with the little lift. Just having a hard time wrapping my head around the interference. Might just do it myself in an afternoon. I know I can make it work from what I've seen. Just trying to see if anyone else had a similar issue or knew what might be the concern.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I drove my Sahara with a Mopar lift, a rear LSD and D44 on the OE wheels for a couple weeks: nothing rubbed.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Willys Unlimited Mopar 2" Lift 38B2EB41-B9B0-4670-8EE4-CE449AAFE603

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Sounds like they are installing something wrong, on every Jeep that they work on. Not good.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Hello,

Is this in fact true?

Tia

Green
Either he’s hustling or they have discovered a design issue that has somehow evaded the Mopar engineers and literally hundreds of dealers around the country.

Also given that the lift is $1700, nice wheels are $2500… that means they are charging $1800 to install a basic lift and tires. It shouldn’t cost more than $20/wheel to move the tires to new rims, so that means they are doubling the price of the lift for the install.

Even if you wanted new wheels, you can probably have that job done for less at another dealer down the road. If you’re happy with your purchase price, I’d say take it without the lift and call around to get prices from other dealers for the lift install. Other shops should be able to do it too, but I understand wanting a dealer to do it to remove all doubt from the warranty.
Sponsored