Sponsored

2021 Willys Unlimited Mopar 2" Lift

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Today I pulled the trigger on everything.

I went with the 35x11.5x17 Toyo Open Country AT3's.

I went through discount tire, they said they could get me only the Toyo Open Country AT'3 in 285/75/17 (KO'2 were unavailable with no date known). Called back 20 mins later, said they were also out of stock in that size for the AT3's, but would sell me the 35x11.5x17 at the same price, so score there.

Also got a good deal on the lift kit through another dealer and they're doing the install.

Now for the willys to be finished being built. slated to go down the line next week, we'll see if that happens.

Thanks everyone on this thread for all the help.
Bobby, got any pictures to share and what lift kit did you go with to pair the 35x11.5x17 tires with?
Sponsored

bucjeep

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU WILLYS
Could you please share the lift kit used on the 35x11.5x17 tires? I'm looking at doing this exact set up on a JLUW but haven't settled on a lift yet, possibly just could spacers w/ruby springs.
For sure - I went with the AEV 2 inch spacer lift with the shock extensions - had on for 10,000 miles - no regrets or issues. I did upgrade to a fox steering stabilizer as the weight of the larger tires was noticeable. Went with the AEV for the ability to adjust the speedometer and shift points on the auto.

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
The reason why is stock wheels are around 6” Backspacing. Mopar lift requires 4.75” Backspacing at minimum. You see pics of people with Mopar lift and stock wheels because they are
1.Running wheel spacers
2. Ignorant of the fact that they are hitting and rubbing
From what I gather, any lift beyond .5" in the rear could cause the sway bar connections to contact the OEM 17x7.5 wheels or tires. I did a Rubicon spring swap that netted about 1" lift, so also adding small .5" spacers should help fit 35x11.5x17" tires. I'm on the fence between them and 285/75/17.
Sponsored