OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
Thats what I thought but my spring numbers are not Rubicon numbers. It does sit high but welcome to my confusion. Threads on here I have read just say shocks, not springs. That what I am trying to figure it out before I go buy the take off parts......I dont want to buy stuff if its already close to what I have.
I hears ya but it would be impossible... ask me how I know... I just recently installed a 6" lift on my wife's ram 1500. They sent the wrong shocks so I bought a different set of shocks which I was told would fit... they were so long that the springs wouldn't even sit in their cups... if the shocks are longer then the springs HAVE to be longer as well.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I will confirm that my shock part numbers are the same as a Rubicon, but the spring numbers are the same as a Sport. I will have to look more to see if there is a factory spacer of some sort. When I park next to a Rubicon, they are about the same height.

OP
OP
ItsNo4RE

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
I will confirm that my shock part numbers are the same as a Rubicon, but the spring numbers are the same as a Sport. I will have to look more to see if there is a factory spacer of some sort. When I park next to a Rubicon, they are about the same height.
There would have to be something there otherwise it couldn't be as tall as a rubi

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
TFL did a video on the Willys when it came out and claimed that the Willys had .1” more ground clearance. I haven’t been able to confirm this.

WetWillys

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
It will have plastic bumpers, all black Rubicon style wheels with 32” 255/75/17 Firestone Destination OWL MT tires, red Rubicon shocks, Dana 44 LSD rear axle, Willys sticker ls on the hood sides, original 40s-60s style 4 wheel drive decal on the tailgate. If you got the Willys (not Willys Sport), it will have LED headlights and fog lights.
I have the Willy’s with a Dana 30 up front and Dana 44 rear with LSD. How would you know the spline counts?

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
You have a D30/M186 front axle and a D44/M220 rear axle. The gearing is 3.45. These axles have significant changes over previous versions. Spline count should be 32.

Last edited:

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
On my '22 JL Willys 2.0L A8 Hardtop w/o Trailer option
Springs: LF 228AD RF 229AD LR 110AA RR 111AA
Shocks: Front 427AB Rear 432AB.

These numbers matched what someone was selling on eBay as JL Rubicon takeoff parts.

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
It does seem like my 2021 two door Willys sits high.I thought only the shocks were the same as the Rubicons. I wrote it off as removing the rear seat and spare tire delete.
Sponsored