2021 Unlimited Rubicon 35" tire question

MikeR013

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm a first time jeep owner and I'm sure it's been posted already but I was wondering if my rubicon would have any problems turning a 35" tire? My jeep has the 3.6L V6 and the stock 285/70/17 tires already. I can add 35's without a lift? No regearing? Also any idea what my top highway speed would be with these? Sorry if these are dumb questions but I'm new to the jeep family
Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
No problem at all running 35s, no need to do anything with gears even with 37's. Top speed is still the top speed. The difference will be how long you stay in specific gears in the transmission.

Helloh2u

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I have an 18 JLUR and replaced my stock 285s with 315s last December and have had zero problems, my gas mileage has largely remained the same (average 17-18.5) and I have no problem getting to 85+ mph on the freeway.

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you wheel it, you WILL rub lightly at full flex. Other than that, you'll be golden.

20210901_102114.jpg

Sponsored

guzie

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon
No problem at all running 35s, no need to do anything with gears even with 37's. Top speed is still the top speed. The difference will be how long you stay in specific gears in the transmission.
The tire size will affect reported tire speed on the speedometer. Going bigger will show you going slower than you really are. A larger tire travels longer distance with one full revolution vs a smaller tire.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
The tire size will affect reported tire speed on the speedometer. Going bigger will show you going slower than you really are. A larger tire travels longer distance with one full revolution vs a smaller tire.
True, but the question wasn't if his speedo would be off, it was what highway speeds were possible. And that stays the same.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
True, but the question wasn't if his speedo would be off, it was what highway speeds were possible. And that stays the same.
i actually think you would be able to achieve higher speeds as long as you did not reprogram the speedometer. Max speed is computer limited.
Sponsored