Sponsored

2021 Two door Rubicon with extremely loud fuel pump?

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
At first I thought I had the common knock at low speeds a lot of people get in the rear of their Dana 44. I took it to two different dealerships by me and they both confirmed it was the fuel pump. Having owned four 2door jeeps ( this being my first JL) I immediately thought they were bullshitting me. Now I get home and I put the Jeep in both park and neutral and when I accelerate to approx 2k rpm the exact noise returns and is right by where the fuel tank is.

They claim the reason I hear it is because I have a 2 door and have the tank a lot closer to me vs a gladiator or an unlimited. I’ve owned multiple 2 door JKs and tjs in the past and never had this issue. Does anyone else hear this or would be willing to listen for it on their Jeep?

The noise DOESNT bother me, it’s a Jeep not a luxury vehicle. I’m just worried my new Jeep with 1k miles on it is defective from the factory
Sponsored

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
The noise only happens at approx that range of rpms. It goes away once I get going(normal driving or if I’m going reeeal slow)

Thanks in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated 👍🏼

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The fuel pump should not be audible.
Sponsored