fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Just curious as to why you wouldn't go to the dealer and have this done for free under warranty?
I have lots of suspensions upgrades on the Jeep, I was adding more and more upgrades in order to correct the steering issue. I tried two dealerships, but no luck....I guess I can just install it by myself and have dealer codes it.

Advertisement

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Saharicon "Mud Muffin" (Wife), 2018 JLUR "Fat Ninja" (Me)
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have lots of suspensions upgrades on the Jeep, I was adding more and more upgrades in order to correct the steering issue. I tried two dealerships, but no luck....I guess I can just install it by myself and have dealer codes it.
I would highly recommend reaching out to @JeepCares. The deal with the new cast iron boxes are if your steering is loose you ask for one... period. I doesn't matter that your Jeep has been modded. Both of our Jeeps are heavily modded and both got the new box. Those dealerships are giving you a load of crap. @JeepCares will put you in touch with someone to open a case. Hopefully you will get Marvin.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Post 1 reads- “404 error” on both links in OP.

Links don’t work.

Trill

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL
I reached out to the Tazer guys about using their stuff to do the re-programming and here was their reply:

"Hi there,

I do believe that that is being worked on at the moment, I know the engineer and programmer were experimenting. No timeline just yet."

BHo

First Name
Billy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had play* in the physical connection on my Aluminum box (0.030”-0.040”), had the TSB Steel body box installed with power steering flash update.
The jeep still wandered and had play at the box (0.025”) plus shimmy in the steering wheel. After a bit of investigatory poking seeping the jeep I decided to check the steering box mounting bolts (4). The torque was WAY low. I torqued the bolts to 95 ft-lbs and measured steering box play! Now we have minimal play in the assembly (0.008”) and it drives down the road without issues on 37” tires at 32 PSIG.
Hope this helps someone troubleshoot this horrible shimmy/wandering issue on brand new Jeeps!
All measurements were performed with a dial indicator off of the same frame mounting point to the outside of the gearbox.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I had play* in the physical connection on my Aluminum box (0.030”-0.040”), had the TSB Steel body box installed with power steering flash update.
The jeep still wandered and had play at the box (0.025”) plus shimmy in the steering wheel. After a bit of investigatory poking seeping the jeep I decided to check the steering box mounting bolts (4). The torque was WAY low. I torqued the bolts to 95 ft-lbs and measured steering box play! Now we have minimal play in the assembly (0.008”) and it drives down the road without issues on 37” tires at 32 PSIG.
Hope this helps someone troubleshoot this horrible shimmy/wandering issue on brand new Jeeps!
All measurements were performed with a dial indicator off of the same frame mounting point to the outside of the gearbox.
Really helpful Thanks for posting.

Reactions: BHo

Advertisement

Extreme Terrain

Advertisement