Sponsored

2021 Sport Lighting Upgrades

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Man, my head is spinning reading all these posts.

Still don't have my JLU Sport, but buying stuff anyway.

I've found the hitch receiver, seat covers and rails I want on Quadratec.

I purchased one of those Tazer Minis today because one of my first upgrades I want is LEDs. Sadly on my Sport, factory LEDs are not offered.

May I ask these noobie questions all related to upgrading the lowest Sport trim
(Please be gentle)

Halos - I've read there may or may not be a factory halo wire on Sports that I can turn on with the Tazer Mini? Suggested brand (I would luv yellow ones)

LED DLR - Can I even add these on my Sport?

LED Headlights, Tail lights, Fog lights and Turn signals. Suggested vendor? I don't want crap or the best made. Reasonably priced, reasonable quality is my goal.

Mirrors - After spending what seemed like a lifetime searching I had found $40 ones that people buy but hate, $200 ones that everyone seems to luv, but I ain't payin no 2 bills for no mirrors.
(Then you ain't getting no Mirrors... Sorry, Caddyshack reference)

Last night I ran across the DoubleTake Mirrors for $100 and change. People seem to like them and I find the price fair. Anyone run them? Thoughts? Tips?
Sponsored

Attachments

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Man, my head is spinning reading all these posts.

Still don't have my JLU Sport, but buying stuff anyway.

I've found the hitch receiver, seat covers and rails I want on Quadratec.

I purchased one of those Tazer Minis today because one of my first upgrades I want is LEDs. Sadly on my Sport, factory LEDs are not offered.

Perfect! These are great

May I ask these noobie questions all related to upgrading the lowest Sport trim
(Please be gentle)

Halos - I've read there may or may not be a factory halo wire on Sports that I can turn on with the Tazer Mini? Suggested brand (I would luv yellow ones)

Never tried, can't speak to much here

LED DLR - Can I even add these on my Sport?

You can change DRL location with tazer, I had the running lights in the front fenders for a while before I changed it to the LED fog lights that I installed in the front bumper.

LED Headlights, Tail lights, Fog lights and Turn signals. Suggested vendor? I don't want crap or the best made. Reasonably priced, reasonable quality is my goal.

I think the JW speaker stuff gets good reviews. And a lot of guys simply go with Mopar for the headlights.

Mirrors - After spending what seemed like a lifetime searching I had found $40 ones that people buy but hate, $200 ones that everyone seems to luv, but I ain't payin no 2 bills for no mirrors.
(Then you ain't getting no Mirrors... Sorry, Caddyshack reference)

Last night I ran across the DoubleTake Mirrors for $100 and change. People seem to like them and I find the price fair. Anyone run them? Thoughts? Tips?

I used the Tazer to enable my back up camera when the blinkers are turned on. I never felt the need to use a secondary mirror when running doorless. Check local laws for compliance with this one

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
SUPERBRIGHT LED should have what you need. I've purchased from them many times and have been happy.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUPERBRIGHT LED should have what you need. I've purchased from them many times and have been happy.
Thanks. What I would really like is just direct LED replacements for all the factory bulbs (headlights, fogs, tail, turn signals, dlr, etc.)

Maybe that isn't possible.

I keep reading about inline resistors, dash bulb out warnings, some kind of flickering, etc. when you go to LED.

It's all quite confusing. I am a EE, so I'm well versed in all that jazz, but not as it pertains to Wranglers. Ugh.

I just bought the Tazer Mini hoping that can help me down the road when I start the journey.

Of course, I gotta have my frikken Jeep first. Anyone seen it? 🥺

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@areuriding is this the place?

If so, I'm like 20 minutes away just across the river.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/veh...hicle-led-lights?make=39&model=1753&year=2019

Either way this site is the s***.
Tons of great info. I understand the issues now.

Best part is I can order, pickup and install on site to be sure I don't have an issue.

Sadly, I've always had a real LED problem. I'll just take my whole paycheck with me.

Last edited: