Sponsored

2021 Sport - Engine Issues

CheeseheadJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited
Hello,

New to the forum. Been lurking the past few months and finally took the plunge and bought a 2021 Sport S (3.6 etorque). Third Jeep vehicle, first Wrangler. Was loving driving it so far. Already took it on one successful hunting trip and was planning on another this weekend, until...

Noticed the Jeep was acting strange will stopped at a light. Slightly vibrating and something felt off. After a green light got up to about 45 and engine was not happy. Flashing CEI light, felt like loss of power. Immediately drove to the dealership (only about 3 miles away). They pulled the codes and said it was a cylinder misfire. They swapped out some spark plugs and got the light off and sent me on my way. 5 miles later light came back on. Drove right back to the dealer and now have a loaner while it's in the shop. Only got about 900 miles on the Jeep.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I've had really good experiences with my previous Chrysler vehicles, and am super disappointed about how this is all shaking out. Absolutely loved this Wrangler until today. Did I just sign up for a whole mess of future problems with the JL? Bummed.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Depends on what the problem is. A misfire can be caused by a thousand or more different things. The fact that they tossed plugs in it and sent you on your way is not good.

You really have two options, tell them you’re not in a hurry and just want it fixed right, or let them toss parts at it until it works.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Diesel? Because I thought only the diesel had issues and the pentastar was bullet proof.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Diesel? Because I thought only the diesel had issues and the pentastar was bullet proof.
Not sure why the snarky comment is needed, the 3.6 has several very common failure points.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hello,

New to the forum. Been lurking the past few months and finally took the plunge and bought a 2021 Sport S (3.6 etorque). Third Jeep vehicle, first Wrangler. Was loving driving it so far. Already took it on one successful hunting trip and was planning on another this weekend, until...

Noticed the Jeep was acting strange will stopped at a light. Slightly vibrating and something felt off. After a green light got up to about 45 and engine was not happy. Flashing CEI light, felt like loss of power. Immediately drove to the dealership (only about 3 miles away). They pulled the codes and said it was a cylinder misfire. They swapped out some spark plugs and got the light off and sent me on my way. 5 miles later light came back on. Drove right back to the dealer and now have a loaner while it's in the shop. Only got about 900 miles on the Jeep.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I've had really good experiences with my previous Chrysler vehicles, and am super disappointed about how this is all shaking out. Absolutely loved this Wrangler until today. Did I just sign up for a whole mess of future problems with the JL? Bummed.
I wouldn't worry. It could be something as simple as bad fuel or bad injector(s). It could be something serious. If something is going to go wrong with a defective part it usually happens very early. You're in that time range and believe it or not I'd rather have those issues than ones that pop up way down the line. Those are usually harder to figure out. Either way, that's what warranties are for. You'll be fine. Enjoy your jeep... when you get it back :LOL: Sorry, too soon? lol

Most of the time it's caused by bad gas or an injector.

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
My 2021 JLU Sport manual with 340 miles has an oil leak fouling up the O2 sensor and throwing the CEL.
It’s currently at the dealership waiting for the new valve cover that’s on backordered.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
My 2021 JLU Sport manual with 340 miles has an oil leak fouling up the O2 sensor and throwing the CEL.
It’s currently at the dealership waiting for the new valve cover that’s on backordered.
silicone it my dude

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why the snarky comment is needed, the 3.6 has several very common failure points.
Not according to some on this forum. The 3.6 is:
Reliable
Tried and True
NOT a 2.0T so it must be better
A regular engine without all the electronics, so nothing can go wrong with it
Etc, Etc.......

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Not according to some on this forum. The 3.6 is:
Reliable
Tried and True
NOT a 2.0T so it must be better
A regular engine without all the electronics, so nothing can go wrong with it
Etc, Etc.......
Reliable - it is
Tried and true - this is correct
Not a 2.0T - correct
..so it must be better - subjective and untested
Regular engine without all the electronics - those haven’t existed for 20+ years.
Nothing can go wrong with it - literally nobody thinks this

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020
Dadgum - how many days has your Jeep been at the dealer ship?

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
Dadgum - how many days has your Jeep been at the dealer ship?
30 days so far.
Interestingly, the dealer called today to let me know they now have all the parts.
Service guy says my Jeep will be ready on Monday so I am keeping my fingers crossed that they don’t find anything else to disappoint me.

Jeep Cares actually stepped up for me. They obtained all the part information from my dealer and escalated it to Jeep corporate recourses that handle the part expediting. And they got the ETA moved up from February 2021 to today.
Sponsored