2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again

mtu1293

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2016 WK2 75th addt, 2014 Ram 2500, 46 CJ2A, 60s CJ6
So yeah, my JKU was coming along nicely this past year, and made the plunge sticking almost $4k into the suspension. lol - then a few months later we find a nicely loaded JLUR in the color we love, so off went the JKU...….. The initial plan we were keeping the JKU for the long run, yep it lasted 2 years after all the mods we did to it. I should have known this would happen since I am on Jeep 20 plus and counting since 2004.....

My JK made it out to Moab from WI, and wheeled Crystal Geyser, Fins-n-things, Hells Revenge, Top of the World, and Poison Spider.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL build showing JK flex.JPG

Side by side shot - getting the new JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL and JK

2021 Rubicon unlimited in Sarge Green with tan leather interior.
- 3.6 and auto trans so means I it has the Etorque setup
- Fully loaded, minus metal bumper package
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL first day home

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL first day home interior
Sponsored

OP
OP
mtu1293

mtu1293

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So here goes the build plan idea for remaining of this year:
- get rid of the 285s and go to 315 KO2s
- wife asked for different rails, since she wanted some sort of step. Hey I can't complain with that since it was her only real request.
- winch bumper and winch
- programmer: leaning towards tazer mini

Future plans - going big and will be poor forever - lol.
- 3.5" Clayton suspension lift: of our wheeling group one has MC and other has RK, so trying to get something different. I was running RK on my JKU and had no complaints at all.
- Will want to regear at some point, but haven't researched enough to say which gear to go with.
- Leaning towards Fox 2.0s. We had Falcon 3.3s on the JKU and for the price I wasn't sold on em.
- Want two sets of tires: 37 KO2s for most DD, but also set of 37s with beadlocks for wheeling.
- Rear bumper, and for this leaning towards JCR
- skid plating for undercarriage, and new diff covers

lol, will be curious to how close I keep to all this build stuff. Crossing fingers for good tax returns and yearly bonus :)

OP
OP
mtu1293

mtu1293

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After a few weeks of ownership, we headed north for a week of grouse hunting. So figured what the heck, might as well take the JL and get er dirty. We own 80acres in Upper Michigan so off we went to play....

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL crossing bridge.JPG

Doors seal: Half way through wife asked if we were going to keep going. AHHHHH heck yes we are, though it did get deeper than I thought. Could feel the water against floor boards as we pushed through. lol - then of course had to back up and do it again for photos.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL crossing flooded area.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL hunting trip.JPG

Once we got home - ordered up 5 315KO2s
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL 315s

And found a good deal of some Westin rock rails. Had a few of their products on my JKU and they worked great.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL new side steps

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL new side steps installed

OP
OP
mtu1293

mtu1293

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Luckily I had some mod money left from my JKU build so was able to get the ball rolling quicker. Also helped once I sold the old 285s to finance other new parts to buy - lol

Removing stock bumper
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL stock front bumper

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL no bumper

Added Metal cloak frame built bumper and end caps to put it at 54" width. Also added Warn 10k winch with synthetic line, and winch hoop / license plate bracket - also metal cloak
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL winch and bumper

Next I decided to go with a 3/4" spacer lift all the way around, mainly to get some room back between tires and fenders.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL with spacer lift

On Dec 5th we went to the local Toys 4 Tots event, and they had an RTI ramp to try out. Sucks I'm the stocker of our group, but will be nice to compare again once suspension and shocks added.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Sarge JLUR - starting from scratch again JL rti ramp stockish.JPG

With that I am all caught up on updates for now...…...

JP52

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR
That looks great. I look forward to seeing your progress. Does the bar on your bumper block the view of your trail camera?
Sponsored