2021 Sahara High Altitude question

wingnut60

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
New owner, happy with the Jeep. It is just my towed vehicle behind a motorhome, and some trails in Colorado. One thing that bugs me is the gap between the front fender and the bumper is continually getting mud thrown up on it. Have seen gap fillers on some models (usually a Sport/S model) and checked into what they are and availability. Apparently, the part is called a COVER, Close-out, with Seal. Just wondering if these will fit on my Jeep--have already found out that WeatherTech mud flaps don't fit. Can anyone enlighten me if I can put these gap fillers on a Sahara HA with out modding anything?
Thanks, first post, go easy.
Joe
Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Quite a few Sport owners apparently aren't big on that hunk of plastic between the fender and bumper as the remove it first chance they get. Maybe because it shows you have a Sport model from a block away.

I'm not sure if that piece would bolt right on your HA bumper as they probably are a bit different. Plus your bumper is painted so you'd probably want to paint that plastic too.

I'm guessing a Sport owner can give you more information than I can though. I'm good with mud and dirt on the bumper of my Sahara Altitude. I just wash it off.

Or you can buy a Rubicon steel bumper and take off the ends so there isn't any bumper to collect mud?

OP
OP

wingnut60

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
Thanks. Thinking you're right. Just interested in finding out how it would fit on, if at all. Understand the color diff, would worry about that later--
If any Sport owners see this, have the gap filler and took them off--would like to know.
Thanks.
Sponsored