2021 Rubicon XR mods and stuff

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm impressed! You are so well equipped!

I think I've seen all of Chris S's videos....Rubi travels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jazzicon

Jazzicon

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Extreme Recon, 2021 Toyota
Glad I tested out the heated mattress pad before blindly using it. It draws current even when switched off….a lot of current. The switch/controller also gets very hot whether switched off or on. Oh well….the search continues.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon XR mods and stuff 18ED8F74-43A7-4D8F-A631-BAA444F4748F
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon XR mods and stuff F05B281D-A150-414D-85D7-33B22E11F2BE

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I put the link above in case it helps. Chris Shontz has lived in his Rubi for over 5 years. He's been through it all. Venture4WD

He put a heater in his Rubi, gas fueled. He has had horrible problems with it at elevations over 5,000 feet. It soots up so it doesn't work until it's completely overhauled. He uses a rooftop tent.

Another group that lives in their Wranglers is Epic Family Road Trip. They are travelling overland too. Their strategy is to travel south....but they have had real issues on their trips. They've lived in 1, now 2 Wranglers for about the same length of time.

Jazz could you solve your problem by unplugging the blanket? Or put a switch ahead in the circuit to shut it off, so it can't draw current? Is the blanket or something else defective?

Hope this helps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jazzicon

Jazzicon

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the link above in case it helps. Chris Shontz has lived in his Rubi for over 5 years. He's been through it all. Venture4WD

He put a heater in his Rubi, gas fueled. He has had horrible problems with it at elevations over 5,000 feet. It soots up so it doesn't work until it's completely overhauled. He uses a rooftop tent.

Another group that lives in their Wranglers is Epic Family Road Trip. They are travelling overland too. Their strategy is to travel south....but they have had real issues on their trips. They've lived in 1, now 2 Wranglers for about the same length of time.

Jazz could you solve your problem by unplugging the blanket? Or put a switch ahead in the circuit to shut it off, so it can't draw current? Is the blanket or something else defective?

Hope this helps.
I think the switch itself is defective. I am not one to return things, so I opened up the switch. There is a microchip in there that is getting extremely hot. Something is definitely amiss.

OP
OP
Jazzicon

Jazzicon

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just read this whole thread, front to back. At this point, I think it should be re-named "Jazzi's XR is nicer than yours" :LOL:
Lmao, okay…that is funny!

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I feel same about returns. On the other hand though
Quality shows in a company howthey solve problems

Sponsored

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
Toook a drive after the skid plate install. I came home with the same amount of parts and bolts as when I left….all in all, good day 😂

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon XR mods and stuff E3D3B431-4800-42F1-A7DF-420290BDA23F
You joke but I'm very closely related to someone who forgot to tighten their lower shock bolts after installing a lift. The error was only diagnosed after the passenger shock disconnected multiple miles from the highway with genuine 4-lo terrain between the Jeep and a hardware store. Embarrassment and shock are the emotions felt, I've been told...
2EA78AAE-F1DF-4B16-BA1D-36DF02A66724.jpeg

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Wrangler needs a dead pedal. IMO.
Sponsored