Sponsored

2021 Rubicon Spare Tire Mount Weight Limit

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Warranty. If I go with 35s or 37s and they say you overloaded the mount, tailgate, or hinges. I just want a written document with their limits. I am sure if something breaks and I request a warranty fix they will find the documentation.
I see, well not really much to break there and if you go to 37's you are going to want to look at a different system anyway. I have the Mopar Reinforcement and Tire Relocation Kit on mine and heavy 35's or light 37's are at the limit of what it can support. Do not read this as "about to break", read it as it can sag over time and it can rattle--both are nuisances versus anything major happening.

Depending on the 35" tires you may run, you will likely be OK with a Mopar kit. If you a looking to go to 37's, I would be looking an an aftermarket carrier and support like one of these mentioned in this thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-tire-carrier-thread.11575/
Sponsored

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
My stock ko2 on rubi wheels weighed in at 73.6 pounds. That's well below the 85lbs. Previous owner must have had bigger wheels/tires on it because they upgraded the bumpers, trimmed wheel well, and added a stock looking carrier.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
And I am running 108 lbs of 37" KO2 and a Mopar beadlock with no issues as well. Factory tailgate reinforcement with a TeraFlex replacement carrier. Seems that the weight limit ratings are conservative which is good.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
@Terpsmandan but you have it reinforced, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Probably posted earlier, but it's not the hinges, it's the sheet metal of the gate that warps/bends with added weight. Mopar engineers have already explained this, and why the tailgate reinforcement is not a hinge replacement, but rather, reinforces the gate.

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
I guess I've exceeded the limit, as many others have, with the stock 20" Sahara High Altitude/4xe wheel. They supposedly weigh 40lbs, and anyone upgrading from the 275/55r20 tire is going to exceed 85lbs fast, I'm currently running 50lb 33" tires. That puts me at 90 lbs. No issue so far. Interesting. I was looking at 70lb tires which is concern if that extra 20lbs will make a difference or not
Sponsored