2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing

epjst4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
In case anyone is following this thread, here is my experience. I ordered a Willys back at the end of August with the Technology Package. The STFA was (still is) listed as a feature under the Technology Package on the website, and also in the August Order Guide. When my Jeep arrived the STFA was not included. I contacted JC and this is what they told me:

due to the unprecedented global microchip shortage, Selectable Tire Fill Alert is no longer a standard or optional feature. We want to assure you that your vehicle was built as ordered and you were not charged for this feature. We apologize for the inconvenience

I understand that there are issues all over the place and that some things need to be sacrificed, however, the price for the Technology group from order date to window sticker did not change to reflect a change in features, nor was I told at any point the STFA was dropped from the build. The all-weather floor mats were also dropped, but that was noted on the build sheet and the window sticker with a corresponding price adjustment.

JC opened up a case and I send a bunch of documentation earlier this week, but still have not heard back. Tagging in @JeepCares for any thoughts. Am I way off in my thinking here?
Sponsored

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
In case anyone is following this thread, here is my experience. I ordered a Willys back at the end of August with the Technology Package. The STFA was (still is) listed as a feature under the Technology Package on the website, and also in the August Order Guide. When my Jeep arrived the STFA was not included. I contacted JC and this is what they told me:

due to the unprecedented global microchip shortage, Selectable Tire Fill Alert is no longer a standard or optional feature. We want to assure you that your vehicle was built as ordered and you were not charged for this feature. We apologize for the inconvenience

I understand that there are issues all over the place and that some things need to be sacrificed, however, the price for the Technology group from order date to window sticker did not change to reflect a change in features, nor was I told at any point the STFA was dropped from the build. The all-weather floor mats were also dropped, but that was noted on the build sheet and the window sticker with a corresponding price adjustment.

JC opened up a case and I send a bunch of documentation earlier this week, but still have not heard back. Tagging in @JeepCares for any thoughts. Am I way off in my thinking here?
I received word for word the identical reply from Jeep Cares and also from Jeep Chat. I ordered a Rubicon on June 1, 2021. At the time of order the STFA was listed as a standard feature on the Rubicon. The price I paid was the price at the time of order. The jeep I received for that price was not as ordered and I did pay for something I did not receive. Personally I believe your thinking is correct. I am not pursuing this because I don't think it will be resolved to my satisfaction and all the pursuit will do is make love my Jeep less. So I got hoodwinked by a big company, I'll accept it and move on. The balance of my Jeep is exactly what I wanted. Good luck with your request to Jeep. I truly hope you get some satisfaction.

vginsburg

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hi everyone. New JLU Wrangler Sahara owner here (2021). My vehicle is also missing the Tire Fill Assist feature, despite being loaded with all the whizbang packages (Premium Audio Group, Trailer Tow & Heavy Duty Electrical, Advanced Safety Group).

Interesting enough, family members of mine also have a 2021 Wrangler Sahara. We both ordered ours custom through the same dealership, same trim and packages (pretty much the same car build except for the color), and theirs has the Tire Fill Assist -- seeing them use it is how I first came to know this feature even existed.

I ordered mine around late-August 2021; they ordered theirs around September 2020.

Most interestingly, their Monroney car sticker lists the Selectable Tire Fill Assist as a standard exterior feature. Mine does not.

@JeepCares can you help explain why the STFA was available only for some vehicles but not the more recent ones? Similarly to others, I was not informed by my dealer that the STFA was missing, nor was it deducted from my sticker price; despite there being a missing standard feature.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hi everyone. New JLU Wrangler Sahara owner here (2021). My vehicle is also missing the Tire Fill Assist feature, despite being loaded with all the whizbang packages (Premium Audio Group, Trailer Tow & Heavy Duty Electrical, Advanced Safety Group).

Interesting enough, family members of mine also have a 2021 Wrangler Sahara. We both ordered ours custom through the same dealership, same trim and packages (pretty much the same car build except for the color), and theirs has the Tire Fill Assist -- seeing them use it is how I first came to know this feature even existed.

I ordered mine around late-August 2021; they ordered theirs around September 2020.

Most interestingly, their Monroney car sticker lists the Selectable Tire Fill Assist as a standard exterior feature. Mine does not.

@JeepCares can you help explain why the STFA was available only for some vehicles but not the more recent ones? Similarly to others, I was not informed by my dealer that the STFA was missing, nor was it deducted from my sticker price; despite there being a missing standard feature.
You really should read this whole thread. It's explained a couple pages back.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Sponsored

Smcdowell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Maybe slightly off topic but..bit...

My '21 JLURD DOES have STFA and I can access and turn it on but cannot adjust the PSI above 25 for both the front and rear tires which doesn't help me at all haha. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

My '21 JLURD DOES have STFA and I can access and turn it on but cannot adjust the PSI above 25 for both the front and rear tires which doesn't help me at all haha. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
no, you get no help from all those who dont have it! all kidding aside, congrats on an early 2021 build and getting that feature. i wish mine had it. looks like some of the late 22s and 23s will get it back as well.

for yours, thats the first I heard of a hard limit up. i knew there was a lower limit, but not upper like that. I would think it would at least go to psi required.

Smcdowell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
no, you get no help from all those who dont have it! all kidding aside, congrats on an early 2021 build and getting that feature. i wish mine had it. looks like some of the late 22s and 23s will get it back as well.

for yours, thats the first I heard of a hard limit up. i knew there was a lower limit, but not upper like that. I would think it would at least go to psi required.
🤣 I almost didn't want to post here and rub it in haha.

I'll try to take a pic tomorrow. It's really weird....I didn't see how low it went but it definitely won't go up past 25

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
As of the end of October 2022, it's STILL listed as standard equipment!?!?

:/

Spartywarrior

First Name
NES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL RUBICON
If you have it will be under this. Then check box and then go back to APPs and you will see its bright. When off it is not bright, Like mentioned before it only stays on once you check box and use. Then you restart engine you have to check box again to use.

20210828_202238.jpg

20210828_202247.jpg

20210828_202302.jpg
¹p

Do you have a Tazer? Change tire fill to above 25.
Sponsored