Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

just dropped by my dealer - and the salesperson was surprised and stumped to not see it on my Jeep. They only had a few other Jeeps in stock and none of them showed it either...

Anyway, not going to stop me from enjoying my Jeep, but will keep an eye out to see if Jeep either acknowledges it has been removed, or they provide an update that enables STFA.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I can say unequivocally, I no longer have a need for a Rubicon, not without the tire alert.

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
just dropped by my dealer - and the salesperson was surprised and stumped to not see it on my Jeep. They only had a few other Jeeps in stock and none of them showed it either...

Anyway, not going to stop me from enjoying my Jeep, but will keep an eye out to see if Jeep either acknowledges it has been removed, or they provide an update that enables STFA.
I was able to get it confirmed by a Jeep employee. (Jeep Product manager)

while i am not thrilled, at least I know now. I doubt we will be able to add it back in, so all us with the builds after June may never get it.

I guess ill take the better hardtop finish (way more durable) and lose the SFTA. if it can be added back easy I will do it for sure, but i am not sure I care enough to replace the receiver and all sensors etc.

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
As promised in my post # 63, I am sharing the information received from Jeep Customer Care at 10:18AM Eastern today 9-17-21.

Hello Thomas,
I am emailing you as per our conversation.
Due to the unprecedented global microchip shortage, Selectable Tire Fill Alert is no longer a standard or optional feature. We want to assure you that your vehicle was built as ordered and you were not charged for this feature. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance by calling us at 877-426-5337.
Best Regards,
Jacklyn
Jeep Customer Care
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing {filename}

ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z1JJyue:ref

I'm not real sure that I agree with the statement that my Jeep was built as ordered but that is what they are telling me. So there you go, no longer available. Disappointed, Yes, am I going to get rid of my Jeep because of this, No. Just some bad feelings.

@JeepCares any further comments?

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
As promised in my post # 63, I am sharing the information received from Jeep Customer Care at 10:18AM Eastern today 9-17-21.

Hello Thomas,
Due to the unprecedented global microchip shortage, Selectable Tire Fill Alert is no longer a standard or optional feature. We want to assure you that your vehicle was built as ordered and you were not charged for this feature. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance by calling us at 877-426-5337.
Best Regards,
Jacklyn
Jeep Customer Care
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing {filename}

I'm not real sure that I agree with the statement that my Jeep was built as ordered but that is what they are telling me. So there you go, no longer available. Disappointed, Yes, am I going to get rid of my Jeep because of this, No. Just some bad feelings.

The comment they made about "you were not charged" pisses me off.... You're paying a price already *technically* including that option. It may not be all that much, but hey money is money...

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Hello Thomas,
Best Regards,
Jacklyn
Jeep Customer Care

Thank you for the update, and I agree not the end of the world by any stretch, but not much effort around customer satisfaction either, I mean how hard is it to update the web page at least?

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
This thread just sickens me!! First everything wrong was due to "COVID". Now anything to do with anything electronic is due to a "chip shortage".

I honestly believe it's just an empty excuse. How come all the other complicated electronic features work and suddenly this feature is left out?

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Thank you for the update, and I agree not the end of the world by any stretch, but not much effort around customer satisfaction either, I mean how hard is it to update the web page at least?
While the Ford Bronco doesn’t excite me, the competition to Jeep does and Jeep knows it is coming.

The future will show us how Jeep will choose to compete, adjust and exceed expectations, or do the least and hope for the best. I’m rooting for Jeep, but I do feel a little tinge of disappointment in them about this (just a little). I’m moving on and enjoying my ride.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Funny they say that. The Rubicon was worth about $8.00 without the tire alert, and I spent $41k so, if I got what I paid for I'd like $41k of my purchase price back.

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
This thread just sickens me!! First everything wrong was due to "COVID". Now anything to do with anything electronic is due to a "chip shortage".

I honestly believe it's just an empty excuse. How come all the other complicated electronic features work and suddenly this feature is left out?
Its not just the Wranglers losing features, the new Grand Cherokee L no longer offers the quadralift air suspension.

Last edited:

Sponsored

theory2

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I was just scheduling an appointment to fix this when I saw this thread. WTF! I DO want the tire fill alert. To me this is no different than the Jeep coming with hand crank windows instead of electric, sorry no chips. I don't think so. I want what I purchased. Has anyone reached out to an attorney yet?

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I was just scheduling an appointment to fix this when I saw this thread. WTF! I DO want the tire fill alert. To me this is no different than the Jeep coming with hand crank windows instead of electric, sorry no chips. I don't think so. I want what I purchased. Has anyone reached out to an attorney yet?
Don't think anyone has... but that may be because this is listed directly on Jeep's site:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing 1632841294900

theory2

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I believe that is for Canadian vehicles, may be one for US as well. Was not posted when I ordered my vehicle. Was not informed that there would be a change while waiting three months for delivery. Was not informed at delivery. Discovery occurred after purchase. Sales and service still not aware of this or simply denying at my dealership. I think its worth a conversation with a legal expert for me. Just saying.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I believe that is for Canadian vehicles, may be one for US as well. Was not posted when I ordered my vehicle. Was not informed that there would be a change while waiting three months for delivery. Was not informed at delivery. Discovery occurred after purchase. Sales and service still not aware of this or simply denying at my dealership. I think its worth a conversation with a legal expert for me. Just saying.
Please let us know what they say.
Sponsored