Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Also got confirmation that its not just the TPMS sensors that changed. the receivers are also different so just changing the sensor's would not enable the STFA. looks like it would potentially require TPMS, Receiver, and a software update. however there are no plans related to retrofitting the Jeeps without this to enable it.
what is interesting to me is that the TPMS system clearly shows pressure in each tire, so it is unclear to me why a change in sensors would cause this problem when the data is there and showing in the TPMS system
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
what is interesting to me is that the TPMS system clearly shows pressure in each tire, so it is unclear to me why a change in sensors would cause this problem when the data is there and showing in the TPMS system
I think there is more to it. maybe a module required for the interface to honk the horn at set pressures etc. was the issue. After looking at parts diagrams etc. I have a feeling all of us without this will never get it.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I think there is more to it. maybe a module required for the interface to honk the horn at set pressures etc. was the issue. After looking at parts diagrams etc. I have a feeling all of us without this will never get it.
I think you are likely right. Not critical to enjoying my jeep, but thought it was a cool feature.

Side note, my tires were at 40 PSI off the lot, I dropped to 37 to smooth the ride a bit, might drop it another 2 pounds

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
I feel like we’re all the Dude (after he retrieves his Torino sans briefcase) asking if they have any leads.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing 3DF2E6B3-800B-4438-AADC-77229892A4D8

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are likely right. Not critical to enjoying my jeep, but thought it was a cool feature.

Side note, my tires were at 40 PSI off the lot, I dropped to 37 to smooth the ride a bit, might drop it another 2 pounds
I am running mine (eco-diesel Rubicon) at 35lbs. I ran my 3.6 at 32lbs. I am actually ok with the 35, but may try 33 to see if its noticeable. the ride with the diesel is very different than the gas engines already, so that may hide a bit of the tire pressure concerns.

Sponsored

4father

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HydroBlue Willys
After reading this thread, I went to check mine, and it looks like this option is installed on my '21 Willys (ordered Feb '21). The Jeep is on "run" and i have to enable the feature from the settings, then its available. but when i recycle the power, it goes away and i have to do the steps again.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
After reading this thread, I went to check mine, and it looks like this option is installed on my '21 Willys (ordered Feb '21). The Jeep is on "run" and i have to enable the feature from the settings, then its available. but when i recycle the power, it goes away and i have to do the steps again.
Jeep ordered Jan 11th and mine works. Works just like above. 2021 Rubicon.

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep ordered Jan 11th and mine works. Works just like above. 2021 Rubicon.
Correct, it will be there on Jeeps built before June. after June a different TPMS sensor and Receiver was used and it is no longer an option.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
lol... well, i ordered both 🤞
The product planning manager for Jeep has confirmed that Jeeps built after June 2021 do not have this, and you cant just replace the TPMS sensors to enable it. No firm plan yet on when it will be available again, or if those built after June 2021 can get retrofitted to add it.

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The product planning manager for Jeep has confirmed that Jeeps built after June 2021 do not have this, and you cant just replace the TPMS sensors to enable it. No firm plan yet on when it will be available again, or if those built after June 2021 can get retrofitted to add it.
WOW... that's some shady shizz So, now we direct the conversation to compensation? lol

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
WOW... that's some shady shizz So, now we direct the conversation to compensation? lol
Not that I am trying to defend Jeep, but as the prior owner of a 2018 that was missing off-road pages I can confirm that all items listed as features etc. are "subject to availability / change". so they are covered legally in that regard. I am more concerned with it just being missing with no details as to why, or if it csn ever be added back.

I am not upset enough to sell,it, or sue etc. more of a frustration, and trying to get information.

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Not that I am trying to defend Jeep, but as the prior owner of a 2018 that was missing off-road pages I can confirm that all items listed as features etc. are "subject to availability / change". so they are covered legally in that regard. I am more concerned with it just being missing with no details as to why, or if it csn ever be added back.

I am not upset enough to sell,it, or sue etc. more of a frustration, and trying to get information.
for sure. This definitely is one of the lowest things on my list of things that I really care about in the vehicle, I thought it was a cool throw in. Losing this will not really make me regret the purchase or anything, but as you said... more in terms of the lack of communication regarding it. Especially since dating back to June 5th.

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
Prices and features subject to change at manufacturer's discretion, Guess it's a "Jeep Thing".
It would have been nice to have a supplement in the owner's manual package that said "Don't look for the STFA feature, you didn't get it".
Sponsored