First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
I dont think this is a class action type item in of itself, but it does speak to wider advertising issues where things are noted as features, then not delivered, or removed without notice.

I just want to know why its no longer included, and if it can ever be added back.

Agree completely. This was one feature I was looking forward to having. It would be nice to have an explanation as to why we don't have it and if we can get it in the future. My Jeep isn't a pavement princess. We like to play in the dirt which means air down, air up.
Agree completely. This was one of the features I was looking forward to having. Not having it when it was advertised as standard is very disappointing. My Jeep isn't a pavement princess, we like to play offroad. That means air down, air up, STFA would be nice.
Sponsored

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
As already mentioned, the concerning part is that there is zero mention anywhere about it, and it also appears as though trying to obtain information from Jeep/Dealer is providing the same results. Very disappointing about having something listed as standard, or even a paid added feature and not coming through with it. Whether this is due to the whole COVID shortage situation or not, at least provide some sort of information about it... I'm totally fine with having something like this patched, or added in after, but at least do whats right and explain.

ok, rant over.

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
I decided to reach out to Jeep Chat today to see if they had any further information. Here are pertinent parts of that chat:

Me (9/15/2021, 9:29:37 AM): Good Morning Jacklyn, I'm looking for information on my new Rubicon and hoping you can help me. It concerns the • Selectable Tire-Fill Alert which is advertised as a standard feature on the 2021 Rubicon models. My Rubicon does not have this feature and from the chatter on the JLWrangler Forum it appears that I'm not the only one missing this feature. Has this feature been discontinued? Will it be a retrofit? Please help. Thanks

Jacklyn (9/15/2021, 9:30:20 AM): I do understand your concern regarding the Selectable Tire-Fill Alert which is not on your vehicle and I am happy to look into this for you, can I please have your VIN?

{Text Deleted}

Jacklyn (9/15/2021, 9:34:08 AM): Thank you, one moment please!

Jacklyn (9/15/2021, 9:38:01 AM): Thank you so much for holding, I am going to send your case to our team for further information. They will contact you within 1-2 business days via email with further information

Me (9/15/2021, 9:38:25 AM): Thanks very much for that information

Me (9/15/2021, 9:38:43 AM): I look forward to hearing from them.

I will share the information I receive.

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to reach out to Jeep Chat today to see if they had any further information. Here are pertinent parts of that chat:

Me (9/15/2021, 9:29:37 AM): Good Morning Jacklyn, I'm looking for information on my new Rubicon and hoping you can help me. It concerns the • Selectable Tire-Fill Alert which is advertised as a standard feature on the 2021 Rubicon models. My Rubicon does not have this feature and from the chatter on the JLWrangler Forum it appears that I'm not the only one missing this feature. Has this feature been discontinued? Will it be a retrofit? Please help. Thanks

Jacklyn (9/15/2021, 9:30:20 AM): I do understand your concern regarding the Selectable Tire-Fill Alert which is not on your vehicle and I am happy to look into this for you, can I please have your VIN?

{Text Deleted}

Jacklyn (9/15/2021, 9:34:08 AM): Thank you, one moment please!

Jacklyn (9/15/2021, 9:38:01 AM): Thank you so much for holding, I am going to send your case to our team for further information. They will contact you within 1-2 business days via email with further information

Me (9/15/2021, 9:38:25 AM): Thanks very much for that information

Me (9/15/2021, 9:38:43 AM): I look forward to hearing from them.

I will share the information I receive.
well, looks like this is the best lead so far. Fingers crossed for some good news!

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

So Jeep chat is telling me that per the "media" site Select Tire-Fill alert is optional, and that the media site is always correct, even when the build site shows something as standard.

When I looked on the feature guide it says O/P for Select Tire Fill Alert, so I asked him which package includes it. He could not find one and insisted it was optional for the Rubicon. I asked him to escalate which he did.

https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsroom.do?id=40&mid=52

Have to scroll down and choose 2021 features, once in the PDF you can search for select tire fill alert. It is weird that it doesn't show it in any packages

RubiXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 RubiXR
Clubs

So Jeep chat is telling me that per the "media" site Select Tire-Fill alert is optional, and that the media site is always correct, even when the build site shows something as standard.

When I looked on the feature guide it says O/P for Select Tire Fill Alert, so I asked him which package includes it. He could not find one and insisted it was optional for the Rubicon. I asked him to escalate which he did.

https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsroom.do?id=40&mid=52

Have to scroll down and choose 2021 features, once in the PDF you can search for select tire fill alert. It is weird that it doesn't show it in any packages
here is the page Murphydog is referencing.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing 1631728125637

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
So, that says it's either optional or part of a package. I wonder if it's part of the technology package (which I do not have).

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, that says it's either optional or part of a package. I wonder if it's part of the technology package (which I do not have).
I definitely ordered the technology packaged for mine, which as per my screenshot a few posts back mentions specifically the Selectable Tire Fill Alert.... but I'll have to wait until my Jeep arrives to know for sure. That being said, I thought someone else did as well mention they had the technology package and were still missing it...

-----Correction, they did have it installed with the technology package however, theirs was built prior to June 5th. So, looks like were still waiting to see someone with technology package builds after June 5th that do have STFA...

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

if you read the entire document it is not listed in any package...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I also asked in a Facebook group that has someone who works at Jeep who is normally pretty helpful. Hopefully can get some info there.

It was included on earlier 2021s that had the 8.4 navigation package. if you had the smaller head unit it was not included. however now it is not being included with any packages if it was built after June (from what we are seeing).

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
if you read the entire document it is not listed in any package...
O/P = optional or part of a package.

Edited to add, it's part of the technology group, as listed in the order guide. The technology group (as I've found out) is standard on the Rubicon.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/2-door-7-6-21-pdf.484797/

I was getting technology group and premium audio confused. It is included on all Rubicons as part of the standard equipment, technology group. It is not optional or a package on the Rubicon, as technology group is standard equipment (I thought maybe I didn't get it because I didn't get the premium audio...but it's not part of that package).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like it was removed after the TPMS sensors were changed, and it is still TBD on a firm answer if it can be added back in later. There are quite a few parts related to the tire pressure system so if it was not just the TPMS changed (they may have changed the receivers etc. also) it may not be so simple to add it back in.

Jeep really should remove that from the website as a feature if its no longer offered and let those who bought Rubicons without it know whats going on.

08646AAF-CAE4-4910-BD08-51F3171DE62E.jpeg

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

O/P = optional or part of a package.

Edited to add, it's part of the technology group, as listed in the order guide. The technology group (as I've found out) is standard on the Rubicon.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/2-door-7-6-21-pdf.484797/

I was getting technology group and premium audio confused. It is included on all Rubicons as part of the standard equipment, technology group. It is not optional or a package on the Rubicon, as technology group is standard equipment (I thought maybe I didn't get it because I didn't get the premium audio...but it's not part of that package).
weirdly enough it doesn't show in the technology package on that media guide. The Jeep chat person made it sound like the media guide is the most accurate, yet there was not package showing with Select Tire Fill Alert, so the media guide seems to be incorrect as well...

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Also got confirmation that its not just the TPMS sensors that changed. the receivers are also different so just changing the sensor's would not enable the STFA. looks like it would potentially require TPMS, Receiver, and a software update. however there are no plans related to retrofitting the Jeeps without this to enable it.
Sponsored