Sponsored

2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Here's another data point for you: JLURD 3/13/21 build date with this feature.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
JLUR (non diesel), built in July 2021, does NOT have it eitherā€¦ my screen is just like your @Cypher. Please update as things unfold for you.

<guess I should go double check my build sheet>

<edit: not listed on my build sheet... what does it say/look like on your build sheet?>

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
My 2021 Rubicon does not have it.
Ordered in May, built in June and delivered in July.

I have done as posted above, window down with the screen on vehicle info (or whatever it is) and can see the pressure; however, having an audible feature would be very convenient.

edited to add: maybe it has to do with the technology package or screen size? I have the smaller, maybe 7" screen and almost no options on my Rubicon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

I have done as posted above, window down with the screen on vehicle info (or whatever it is) and can see the pressure; however, having an audible feature would be very convenient.
From what I have found when Jeep changed the TPMS sensors (heard june / july) this was no longer a feature on the ones built after that. I have a sneaky feeling that due to chip shortages the TPMS sensors were changed and no longer support it. not that feature has been removed on the Jeeps being built.

I have seen it myself on early 2021s, that how I knew it was for sure missing on mine. I have checked quite a few new ones now and none have had it.

that is why I pinged @JeepCares , this is not a one off where it is pinned to a single VIN. we need someone to look at the root of the issue and at least get answers. "see your local dealer" is not the answer. I also gave my VIn.

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired

I have checked my order confirmation, build sheet, window sticker and my dealer generated options report. None of these have the STFA listed. My build was mid June 2021. When I changed to wider rims and 35" tires the dealer tried to order new TPMS for the new wheels. There was apparently a change in TPMS on June 5, 2021 (info in another thread here). I ended up taking the TPMS out of the stock wheels and putting them in the new wheels. The old P/N TPMS didn't work on my Jeep. I'm guessing that mid June and later builds will not have the "standard" STFA, just my guess. I've sent my VIN to jeep cares to see what they can find out.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

From what I have found when Jeep changed the TPMS sensors (heard june / july) this was no longer a feature on the ones built after that. I have a sneaky feeling that due to chip shortages the TPMS sensors were changed and no longer support it. not that feature has been removed on the Jeeps being built.

I have seen it myself on early 2021s, that how I knew it was for sure missing on mine. I have checked quite a few new ones now and none have had it.

that is why I pinged @JeepCares , this is not a one off where it is pinned to a single VIN. we need someone to look at the root of the issue and at least get answers. "see your local dealer" is not the answer. I also gave my VIn.
It would be nice if they simply told us that rather than nothing - covering up is never the best solution...

Wsg1970

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 wrangler
Questionā€¦ I have a 2door on order, this was a thing for all rubiconā€™s or just the JLUR Iā€™ve seen posting here?

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a two-door JL Rubicon, without it.

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
Questionā€¦ I have a 2door on order, this was a thing for all rubiconā€™s or just the JLUR Iā€™ve seen posting here?
Excellent question. @JeepCares please let us know what you find out. My guess is it affects all Rubicons.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was just looking at the options and the 8.4 UConnect includes "off road pages". Maybe that's the difference?

Anyone with a 7" have the select-fill-alert?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@THorner posted it all above.

I just looked at the July (and previous) 2021 Order Guide and it is listed as standard equipment for the Rubicon (LA5). It's part of the technology group (required on some lower trims) and standard on Rubicon.
Sponsored