2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing

dbrford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Thanks for the update. I also have a 21 Rubicon and was looking forward to this option as well. I will talk with my local dealer (picked up mine out state) and see if they might look into it. I do not have high hopes.
Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
One more wrinkle in this thread. Does anyone have the selectable TFA? I read the manual, but the actual setting in Uconnect is not very straight forward.

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
One more wrinkle in this thread. Does anyone have the selectable TFA? I read the manual, but the actual setting in Uconnect is not very straight forward.
A few people have posted pictures of it, and a few had issues but at least it was there.

I am wondering if my 8.4 unit is bad. Marketplace also crashes with a "fatal error" also.

So as of now my 2021 JLUR diesel with less than 300 miles on it has 2 fluid leaks (oil at rear of engine, not sure up front), missing Tire fill alert, and marketplace crashes when i try to set it up

While the TFA and marketplace is not end of world, they are things I planned to use and could point to future radio issues. (My 2020 JLUR had 2 different 8.4 units due to it crapping out.)

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few people have posted pictures of it, and a few had issues but at least it was there.

I am wondering if my 8.4 unit is bad. Marketplace also crashes with a "fatal error" also.

So as of now my 2021 JLUR diesel with less than 300 miles on it has 2 fluid leaks (oil at rear of engine, not sure up front), missing Tire fill alert, and marketplace crashes when i try to set it up

While the TFA and marketplace is not end of world, they are things I planned to use and could point to future radio issues. (My 2020 JLUR had 2 different 8.4 units due to it crapping out.)
That sucks. I am sorry to hear that. 😞

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks. I am sorry to hear that. 😞
could be worse. my 2019 had multiple coolant leaks on the drive home from the dealership (out of state). it ended up getting most of the front of the engine replaced over multiple trips to the dealer. I keep telling myself maybe it will seal up after I get more miles on it. (I know thats not likely, but can dream). I read some horror stories of diesels in the shop for months due to leaks so hoping i wont be another. I am still on temp tags and have not even had the title switched to me yet.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
could be worse. my 2019 had multiple coolant leaks on the drive home from the dealership (out of state). it ended up getting most of the front of the engine replaced over multiple trips to the dealer. I keep telling myself maybe it will seal up after I get more miles on it. (I know thats not likely, but can dream). I read some horror stories of diesels in the shop for months due to leaks so hoping i wont be another. I am still on temp tags and have not even had the title switched to me yet.
You are much more patient than I am…
I’d probably sell it and find something else.

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
@Cypher , I too was under the impression that the STFA was standard on 2021 Rubicons. I took delivery the end of July. After spending over a month getting aftermarket wheels and tires sorted (the parts department ordered pre June 5 2021 build date TPMS for my new wheels) I find that I do not have this option in my "Settings" or in the "Apps" screens on the 8.4 Premium audio system. I asked the trusted mechanic at the Dealership about this feature. He gave me a printout of the STFA page from the fcaservices library as well as the detailed Options Report for my vehicle. My Options Report DOES NOT have STFA listed so it was not included on my 2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel. He could not explain why, just that according to the information he has available it doesn't exist on my vehicle. I'm bummed because I thought I was getting that feature. I do go off road, that's why I got a Jeep Rubicon, and I do air down and up. @JeepCares any explanation as to why an advertised feature didn't get installed/programmed into my post June 5, 2021 build?

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
Further to my previous post I just did a build on the current Build & Price Jeep Web Page. The List of Standard Feature for the 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4X4 does in fact include Selectable Tire-Fill Alert. See page 12 of the attached PDF from the Jeep website under Safety & Security. According to this I should have the STFA feature. Any advice @JeepCares ?

Attachments

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@Cypher , I too was under the impression that the STFA was standard on 2021 Rubicons. I took delivery the end of July. After spending over a month getting aftermarket wheels and tires sorted (the parts department ordered pre June 5 2021 build date TPMS for my new wheels) I find that I do not have this option in my "Settings" or in the "Apps" screens on the 8.4 Premium audio system. I asked the trusted mechanic at the Dealership about this feature. He gave me a printout of the STFA page from the fcaservices library as well as the detailed Options Report for my vehicle. My Options Report DOES NOT have STFA listed so it was not included on my 2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel. He could not explain why, just that according to the information he has available it doesn't exist on my vehicle. I'm bummed because I thought I was getting that feature. I do go off road, that's why I got a Jeep Rubicon, and I do air down and up. @JeepCares any explanation as to why an advertised feature didn't get installed/programmed into my post June 5, 2021 build?

Further to my previous post I just did a build on the current Build & Price Jeep Web Page. The List of Standard Feature for the 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4X4 does in fact include Selectable Tire-Fill Alert. See page 12 of the attached PDF from the Jeep website under Safety & Security. According to this I should have the STFA feature. Any advice @JeepCares ?
Hey Tom--

Super valid questions and I'm glad you brought your curiosity to this forum and tagged our team directly! Let me look into this for you... send us a private message with your VIN so we can pull up your specific vehicle and take a second look. If you're under the impression that your vehicle should be equipped with this feature, then I'll do my best to get you the answers to your questions.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to keep pushing this one. This was one of the features that led me to swap from my 2020 Rubicon to the 2021. while it may seem like a pointless option for some, here in the 115 degree desert it will be very useful when airing back up (and down). I ca set the alert for a few lbs off where i want it to be so I can just stay in the AC while airing up and down until its close.

@JeepCares sent details of my Jeep via direct messages. This is not a one off issue as there have been multiple 4XEs and other Rubicons posted on this forum with the same issue. any chance we can get some assistance other than "take it to your local dealer"? They cant see (or wont see) how many people are having this same issue with new Rubicons.
Not that this solves providing the feature you should have, but can’t you just sit in the Jeep with the AC on and watch the PSI increase on the instrument cluster gauge? That’s what I do with my 19. (Used to anyway, I have a powertank setup now) I didn’t sit in the seat, but I’d switch the gauge over to Tpms and watch the tire fill up with the window down from the outside. It was actually fairly accurate and real time enough. Should work in the interim.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Tom--

Super valid questions and I'm glad you brought your curiosity to this forum and tagged our team directly! Let me look into this for you... send us a private message with your VIN so we can pull up your specific vehicle and take a second look. If you're under the impression that your vehicle should be equipped with this feature, then I'll do my best to get you the answers to your questions.

Courtney
Jeep Cares
I verified over the weekend that both new 392s, and regular Rubicons seem to be missing this. it is not specific to a single VIN or even model (4XE, diesel, 392).

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I verified over the weekend that both new 392s, and regular Rubicons seem to be missing this. it is not specific to a single VIN or even model (4XE, diesel, 392).
thanks for starting this thread - my brand new Rubicon is also missing this feature

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for starting this thread - my brand new Rubicon is also missing this feature
I am getting a 2018 and early 2019 missing offroad pages vibe here. o one seems to be able to speak to why it is missing all the sudden. a dealer will just say they cant find anything wrong, and are unable to help.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Interesting, per Jeep.com it is a standard feature on the 2021 Rubicon....

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing 1631561965671