Sponsored

2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
My new Eco-Diesel Rubicon just arrived today (built end of July) and I noticed the Tire fill alert is missing from my system. I checked all over, and even in settings to turn on and it is no where to be found.

I found a few other threads from older jeeps where a dealer added it back, but the 2021 should have it by default.

anyone else with a recent delivery missing this? if so, how did you fix?

@JeepCares any idea how to get this fixed? my dealer said they have no idea.
Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
You need to turn it on in the settings under safety <and something> menu. On the app screen, the icon is grayed out until you turn it on in the settings. Then it only stays on until you restart the jeep.

I think it's only on Rubicons, but not 100% sure.

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
You need to turn it on in the settings under safety <and something> menu. On the app screen, the icon is grayed out until you turn it on in the settings. Then it only stays on until you restart the jeep.

I think it's only on Rubicons, but not 100% sure.
Tried that, under safety whatever it is not listed there to enable. It is nowhere to be found.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you have it will be under this. Then check box and then go back to APPs and you will see its bright. When off it is not bright, Like mentioned before it only stays on once you check box and use. Then you restart engine you have to check box again to use.

20210828_202238.jpg

20210828_202247.jpg

20210828_202302.jpg

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Sort of related, I have an 18 Sport but I bought a radio from a 21 Rubicon and it has the menu option for TFA. I messaged JScan about enabling it and they said they would push it out in the next update but I probably would need the correct TPMS sensor. I ordered one just to see if it will work.

I noticed the app when I first powered on the radio but it disappeared after a restart, the option is still in the menu but it won’t save the check mark. We shall see.
Gregj

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
If you have it will be under this. Then check box and then go back to APPs and you will see its bright. When off it is not bright, Like mentioned before it only stays on once you check box and use. Then you restart engine you have to check box again to use.

20210828_202238.jpg

20210828_202247.jpg

20210828_202302.jpg
I checked there, mine stops at hill start assist. no tire fill alert to check the box for at all.

image.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I checked there, mine stops at hill start assist. no tire fill alert to check the box for at all.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon - Select Fill Alert / Tire fill alert missing image
I assume the Tire fill alert is not included then.

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I assume the Tire fill alert is not included then.
It should be there, it is standard option on a 2021 Rubicon, and my build sheet noted the correct TPMS sensors for it to work. Seems its a software issue keeping it from showing up. Hopefully @JeepCares can help so I don't have to take it to a dealership already.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Unless this is something new for the 2021 model year, all Rubicons do not have it. I just checked our 2020 Recon and that option is not available.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Unless this is something new for the 2021 model year, all Rubicons do not have it. I just checked our 2020 Recon and that option is not available.
2020 models don't have it, from what I read. It's only some mid year 2021 models. I have a 2021 Rubicon that I ordered in March(?) and it has it.

If it helps, it's not that great. When I fill the tires they usually overshoot my pressure. If I deflate I usually undershoot. The system needs to update much quicker in order for it to be effective.

It's better than nothing, but I find myself still using tire gauges.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It should be there, it is standard option on a 2021 Rubicon, and my build sheet noted the correct TPMS sensors for it to work. Seems its a software issue keeping it from showing up. Hopefully @JeepCares can help so I don't have to take it to a dealership already.
Hi, Cypher. The Tire Fill Alert can be toggled "on" and "off" in the Uconnect settings. You can find out more information on it on page 318 of the Owner's Manual for your vehicle. We recommend that your review it at your earliest convenience.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, Cypher. The Tire Fill Alert can be toggled "on" and "off" in the Uconnect settings. You can find out more information on it on page 318 of the Owner's Manual for your vehicle. We recommend that your review it at your earliest convenience.

Kate
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares , As shown in the screen shot above in this thread I am missing the ability to toggle it on and off. I do not have that ability and thats why I reached out. page 318 would be great if the ability to toggle on existed.

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares , As shown in the screen shot above in this thread I am missing the ability to toggle it on and off. I do not have that ability and thats why I reached out. page 318 would be great if the ability to toggle on existed.
I apologize for my misunderstanding, Cypher. After review of the build options for the 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, this feature should be there. That said, we recommend getting to the dealer to see if they can remedy this on their end. If you need further support while there, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

dbrford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Any updates on this? I just picked up my Jeep this weekend and it does not have it either.

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on this? I just picked up my Jeep this weekend and it does not have it either.
I am going to keep pushing this one. This was one of the features that led me to swap from my 2020 Rubicon to the 2021. while it may seem like a pointless option for some, here in the 115 degree desert it will be very useful when airing back up (and down). I ca set the alert for a few lbs off where i want it to be so I can just stay in the AC while airing up and down until its close.

@JeepCares sent details of my Jeep via direct messages. This is not a one off issue as there have been multiple 4XEs and other Rubicons posted on this forum with the same issue. any chance we can get some assistance other than "take it to your local dealer"? They cant see (or wont see) how many people are having this same issue with new Rubicons.
Sponsored