2021 Rubicon console USB port question

Iguanamann

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
Can you change or program the USB port to only be powered when the key is on?
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Can you change or program the USB port to only be powered when the key is on?
Isnt that how it already is? Wouldn't make sense to keep power to USB after vehicle has shut down as a lot of people keep things plugged in to USB.
There is a set amount of time where power is maintained but all should be shut down after vehicle goes to sleep (around 10 minute mark).

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Isnt that how it already is? Wouldn't make sense to keep power to USB after vehicle has shut down as a lot of people keep things plugged in to USB.
There is a set amount of time where power is maintained but all should be shut down after vehicle goes to sleep (around 10 minute mark).
That is not how it is - at least not on my 2021. It is powered on all the time. I came looking for this same answer, I don't see any settings that can be changed in the menus, is there a fuse jumper/swap possibly?

Sponsored

stuzor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ
That is not how it is - at least not on my 2021. It is powered on all the time. I came looking for this same answer, I don't see any settings that can be changed in the menus, is there a fuse jumper/swap possibly?
I have a 2021 rubiucon. I think it powers it on for 60 minutes which ends up causing issues with my wireless android auto device. I haven't seen anything but if there was a way to have it turn off with the ignition that would be ideal.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have my dash cam plugged into USB behind center console. It most definitely doesn't stay on after I shut vehicle off. Cant speak about the other ports because only my phone is used on one inside consoles. Also have a 2021.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
I have my dash cam plugged into USB behind center console. It most definitely doesn't stay on after I shut vehicle off. Cant speak about the other ports because only my phone is used on one inside consoles. Also have a 2021.
Yeah, I think we're talking about the one inside the console. I did figure out how to get around my biggest problem with it and AAWireless. As mentioned here you can go into the app under settings and turn on Start/Stop and make sure it has UConnect as the bluetooth trigger. This makes it so when the phone no longer sees "UConnect" as a bluetooth option (such as when ignition is off) it will disconnect from the AAWireless one and not reconnect until it sees UConnect again (when ignition is turned on).

Last edited:

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yeah, I think we're talking about the one inside the console. I did figure out how to get around my biggest problem with it and AAWireless. As mentioned here you can go into the app under settings and turn on Start/Stop and make sure it has UConnect as the bluetooth trigger. This makes it so when the phone no longer sees "UConnect" as a bluetooth option (such as when ignition is off) it will disconnect from the AAWireless one and not reconnect until it sees UConnect again (when ignition is turned on).
Ahh ok. That's good. Honestly. I use Android Auto daily and connection with a cable has been flawless. I don't mind plugging my phone in at all. I could see how wirelsss would be nice though.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Ahh ok. That's good. Honestly. I use Android Auto daily and connection with a cable has been flawless. I don't mind plugging my phone in at all. I could see how wirelsss would be nice though.
Two things I really like about the wireless so far. 1) don't even have to take the phone out of my pocket. 2) I can now wire up a wireless charger without losing AA. No more wires hanging anywhere is nice!
Sponsored