2021 Rubicon 6 Speed Manual Safety Packages

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
I saw a video that said the 2019 manual transmission could not be outfitted with the adaptive cruise control. Can the 2021 be outfitted with forward-collision warning, automatic emergency braking, and adaptive cruise control? If not the safety packages seem to be worthless. In that case can you buy the blind spot monitoring and other available features a la carte so you're not paying for features not available? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
There's no reason they couldn't put adaptive cruise on the manuals...It's a very nice feature that should be on all of them IMO.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I've found a photo from a member here who had the ACC on a stick. So I feel good about that, just now more interested about the forward-collision warning and automatic emergency braking. For a 50k ride it should have all of those features. Hell a 40k ride should have that IMO.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
From my understanding, the forward collision / auto braking is limited with the manual. I believe it only flashes a warning if it detects a collision. I don't think it does any active braking because it could cause a stall condition if the RPMs drop too low, which is another safety issue all together. The adaptive cruise will work as long as you are in a gear that can accomodate your speed. For me 6th is pretty useless unless you are on flat ground or going downhill (at 65mph). If you need to get up a small hill, you'll probably be downshifting anyway.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The info above is not accurate. I have it on my 2019 manual. Not only does it flash a warning, it will brake the vehicle and bring it to a full stop if necessary. Makes sense that it could stall the vehicle and in an all-out attempt to completely stop the vehicle who cares. It won't stall the vehicle unless it brings it to nearly a complete stop anyway.

Adaptive cruise works fine. Interesting feature with it is that it does not cancel cruise control or adaptive cruise control when you shift. So you can set it and shift as needed and not have to reset the cruise. It was quite the surprise the first time I shifted and it didn't cancel, cause I used to do that when getting on an exit ramp in prior vehicles, but with this one you need to cancel using the brake or a button.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The info above is not accurate. I have it on my 2019 manual. Not only does it flash a warning, it will brake the vehicle and bring it to a full stop if necessary. Makes sense that it could stall the vehicle and in an all-out attempt to completely stop the vehicle who cares. It won't stall the vehicle unless it brings it to nearly a complete stop anyway.

Adaptive cruise works fine. Interesting feature with it is that it does not cancel cruise control or adaptive cruise control when you shift. So you can set it and shift as needed and not have to reset the cruise. It was quite the surprise the first time I shifted and it didn't cancel, cause I used to do that when getting on an exit ramp in prior vehicles, but with this one you need to cancel using the brake or a button.
Awesome @MarkY3130 you made my day!!! Thanks again

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
@MarkY3130 Thank you for the correction on that. I was sure I read somewhere the difference between how the manual and automatic auto-brake system worked was like that, but being that you have 1st hand knowledge/experience that is good to know.

diesel_jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4bt Cj

That is interesting I had ACC on another manual transmission vehicle and when the clutch was depressed it would cancel cruise

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Now I've found a photo from a member here who had the ACC on a stick. So I feel good about that, just now more interested about the forward-collision warning and automatic emergency braking. For a 50k ride it should have all of those features. Hell a 40k ride should have that IMO.
I have a stick, with both safety packages, and ACC (have not used it), it's a 2020.

The FCW works nicely, I like the lights on the rearview mirrors. The screaming beep when I backup on grade bites.
Sponsored