Sponsored

2021 Rubicon 4xE with Aries Powered Running Boards

TexDevilDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xE
My wife's dream vehicle has always been a red/black Jeep. So for her birthday this year, we made it happen. We placed the order in January 2021 and received it on April 19th. Being that she's 5'2 and we have a 3 and 5 year old, getting in/out was a little difficult. My mother-in-law who is 4'9 was never going to be able to get in.

To remedy the situation, I ordered a set of Aries Powered Running Boards. Initially i inquired at the local 4Weheel Parts because their price was the same as the internet. They said $500 per side to install (literally laughed out loud). I ordered online and did the install myself with my 5yr old helping as he could. After 4 hours I was done.

We liked these because they have a step within a step. The inner step drops down 8 inches and still has the 4" wide top step. Kids are able to get in/out without assistance.

Wiring wasn't too bad, parts fit fine with no issues.

20210511_215702_2.jpg

20210511_215647_2.jpg
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
appreciate you mentioning this. I have the aries Actiontrac's on '19 that i was planning to transfer along with everything else over to my 4XE when I get it. After seeing some other posts about fitment of rock rails with missing holes, I was a little worried. If you plan to take the doors off, I would highly suggest the "door delete" kits. They work great.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
$1,000 for a simple job like that? I’m glad you laughed out loud at them for their ridiculous price. They double/triple the hours for some reason, making them the slowest shops around. A simple spacer lift Kit that takes 2 hours for one guy in his garage to install is somehow quoted as an 8+ hour job at 4WP.

Awesome Jeep! You and your wife will enjoy it for years!

OP
OP
TexDevilDawg

TexDevilDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
appreciate you mentioning this. I have the aries Actiontrac's on '19 that i was planning to transfer along with everything else over to my 4XE when I get it. After seeing some other posts about fitment of rock rails with missing holes, I was a little worried. If you plan to take the doors off, I would highly suggest the "door delete" kits. They work great.
I'm not sure about other JLs because this is the first Wrangler we've owned. I ran the wires inside the plastic covering for the battery instead of under the carpet as they did in videos I saw. The panels between the door pop off so running the cables for the sensors wasn't too difficult. I read comments about floor boards not dropping because of magnet strength which had me perplexed and I assumed user error in alignment of sensor and magnet. The connection to the battery is on the passenger side and battery had several posts to choose from which makes things easier. I ran the cable along the firewall to the driver's side and used the plastic grommet already in the jeep to run the wires through the firewall.

I appreciate the door delete kit idea, didn't think about it. Should be able to use AUX 3/4 and hard wire them to the Jeep so more holes don't have to be drilled

OP
OP
TexDevilDawg

TexDevilDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$1,000 for a simple job like that? I’m glad you laughed out loud at them for their ridiculous price. They double/triple the hours for some reason, making them the slowest shops around. A simple spacer lift Kit that takes 2 hours for one guy in his garage to install is somehow quoted as an 8+ hour job at 4WP.

Awesome Jeep! You and your wife will enjoy it for years!
I appreciate that.

I have been doing stereo work in cars since I was 15, so wiring steps wasn't going to be a problem. Especially when the Jeep already has grommets and drain holes in place. They charge that much because they know people will pay it.

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Yeah, i only have a 3.5” lift and 35’s on mine, so i do not need steps or rails, i can just slide in. Because of this i installed a door delete on every door. This way all the short people who ride in my jeep can each activate the steps if they want them. (Or the normal height people as my girlfriend says:)

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Interesting. Wonder if the wiring on these is less complicated than the AMP Research Power boards. Both dealer and 4wp said they can't install it yet on the 4xe because it's not yet officially approved by AMP so there are liability concerns with messing with the wiring. They said to check back in two months after AMP had a chance to play with a 4xe to confirm fitment

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
The wiring on the aries is a good bit more simple than the AMP steps. (I have installed both, AMP on my truck, Aries on my Jeep)

i also like the door delete switches that allow you to still use the Aries steps when you have your doors removed.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
My wife's dream vehicle has always been a red/black Jeep. So for her birthday this year, we made it happen. We placed the order in January 2021 and received it on April 19th. Being that she's 5'2 and we have a 3 and 5 year old, getting in/out was a little difficult. My mother-in-law who is 4'9 was never going to be able to get in.

To remedy the situation, I ordered a set of Aries Powered Running Boards. Initially i inquired at the local 4Weheel Parts because their price was the same as the internet. They said $500 per side to install (literally laughed out loud). I ordered online and did the install myself with my 5yr old helping as he could. After 4 hours I was done.

We liked these because they have a step within a step. The inner step drops down 8 inches and still has the 4" wide top step. Kids are able to get in/out without assistance.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon 4xE with Aries Powered Running Boards 20210511_215647_2

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Rubicon 4xE with Aries Powered Running Boards 20210511_215647_2
How do you like the Aries after 6 months with them? Any issues or comments? I am trying to decide between the AMP XL’s, RSE’s and Aries retractable running boards.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

It's been a few months so wanted to check in on this. How's it holding up? Still as great when installed? I'm really ready to make this purchase.
Sponsored