2021 Rubicon 4xe “Service Hybrid Charging System” error

coloradoTimR

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe - Silver
Thanks for the insight. The service tech just called me and told me the same thing. I think the issue happened because in the middle of my daughter's charge session, the Wallbot took a software update and rebooted. The Jeep then couldn't deal with the interruption and went into "safe mode". The dealership reset the safe mode which apparently only they can do, and then charged it at their facility. We are going to pick it up in a few minutes, and I will be cautious about software updates to the Wallbot when it is in the middle of a session. This one is probably on me, but we will be monitoring it closely.
Sponsored

speedymart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl
Thanks for the insight. The service tech just called me and told me the same thing. I think the issue happened because in the middle of my daughter's charge session, the Wallbot took a software update and rebooted. The Jeep then couldn't deal with the interruption and went into "safe mode". The dealership reset the safe mode which apparently only they can do, and then charged it at their facility. We are going to pick it up in a few minutes, and I will be cautious about software updates to the Wallbot when it is in the middle of a session. This one is probably on me, but we will be monitoring it closely.
We've had this come in a few times. If a power supply has an issue the jeep will detect it and shut off the charge port, but because the jeep doesn't know if its port caused it or the power supply caused it it'll prevent charging until the DTC is cleared from the system. It should auto clear itself after quite a few drive cycles, but that may take awhile.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see a flash down the line to change this behavior, as all kinds of things can cause a power spike on the power supply side of things.