2021 Raptor Reveal...FAIL

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Was looking forward to seeing if Ford was going to offer a Raptor 'R' Supercab during their much ballyhooed official Raptor Reveal this morning...What a disappointment! Zero mention of any Raptor SCAB and a V8 coming sometime in 2022. The RAM TRX has nothing to worry about...yet anyway.I have had three Raptor SCAB's (2-door cab with small 'suicide' doors to access the rear seat) and really loved them! I am no fan of the Raptor SCREW's (4-door crew cab) and think RAM crew cabs look waaaay better!

The only cool thing I saw was Raptor offering a factory option for 37's, Ford got BFG to make a special load range C version of the 37x12.50R17 KO2 for the new Raptor. (Hopefully RAM will soon offer 37's on the TRX) The only bad news is I have to wait till closer to the Raptor's release before I can order a set of these for my Rubi 2-door!
Sponsored

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Was looking forward to seeing if Ford was going to offer a Raptor 'R' Supercab during their much ballyhooed official Raptor Reveal this morning...What a disappointment! Zero mention of any Raptor SCAB and a V8 coming sometime in 2022. The RAM TRX has nothing to worry about...yet anyway.I have had three Raptor SCAB's (2-door cab with small 'suicide' doors to access the rear seat) and really loved them! I am no fan of the Raptor SCREW's (4-door crew cab) and think RAM crew cabs look waaaay better!

The only cool thing I saw was Raptor offering a factory option for 37's, Ford got BFG to make a special load range C version of the 37x12.50R17 KO2 for the new Raptor. (Hopefully RAM will soon offer 37's on the TRX) The only bad news is I have to wait till closer to the Raptor's release before I can order a set of these for my Rubi 2-door!
Supercab is gone. Best looking configuration there was too. No v8 until 2022 lol

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I will say the video reveal wasn’t good. But the specs on the truck are damn good, and the “R” version that’s now basically guaranteed to get the GT500 V8 will go head to head with the TRX.

IMO FCA is making the same mistake with the TRX that they are with the 392. There is a such thing as a middle ground, and the V6 Raptor has more than enough power vs the standard F-150, but some want more. Ford has offerings for both, just like they will with the Bronco having the 4/6/bigger 6. FCA either has a fairly anemic option or just insane, they need more middle ground.
Sponsored