Sponsored

2021 Pigeon Forge Jeep Invasion

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Go in to the park on Line Springs Road. There is a little cutoff to go to Little Greenbrier School, gravel road that takes you over to the school and Walker Sister's cabin. When over that way, check out the Elkmont cabins. I love the Smokies and go up there 3-4 times a year from Florida.

There are a lot of fun places to gravel road wheel in the park.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Our plan is Wed night head from CLT through the BRP off of 40 by Asheville. We’ll hit the show probably for a full day either Thursday or Friday.

Be cool to meet up for a couple beers or the trail ride if any members are going.

Jeep-her

First Name
Lonna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK - HBPC SportS / Ordering '21 JL - HB Sahara
We're in GA so we visit the area a few times a year. The Park Grill in Gatlinburg is great as mentioned above, was better before covid and they had a great salad bar. Gotta check out the Sky Bridge! Line is always long on the weekend! Both PF and Gatlinburg are crowded but prefer Gatlinburg.
GSJI or one of the clubs host a "jeeps invade the cove " ride Sunday morning that I've always wanted to attend but haven't. Won't have the new rig yet but hoping to get up there again in the JK.
The following weekend, Labor Day is Jasper jeep fest literally in my backyard so I'll at least be there.
Have fun!

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I have been on the debate about heading over that way or not.... have never been...

Sponsored

BagPipesActual

First Name
BagPipes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sahara ..2021 JL Rubicon (Ordered)
If you really want to mix it up you could drive about an hour and half to Oliver Springs and hit Windrock off-road park. Brushy Mountain State Prison (Which is now a pretty cool distillery, has moonshine tasting and good little restaurant and self guided tour around the prison grounds ) and Nemo Tunnel (super cool) are also in the same general area.

WindRock is about 73000 acres of awesome. I have taken the family up and hit a few of the easier G Trails with them and managed the Prison tour in a day. If you hit Windrock you will want to come back again and spend a few days wheeling there. I think they have 3 Jeep Badge of Honor Trails there? Hope you enjoy your visit to Tennessee.

Also agree with others, a cabin is a great way to go as far as lodging.

rfg9585

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Sahara JLU
Occupation
retired
For those who have gone before, the reserved parking is sold out. What do you do for parking, considering how crowded this place is gonna be? Can you bicycle in and park somewhere safely, or some other options?

Can you spend 3 days here or is it a day or 2 to see all?

Thanks!

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Cherokee grill and Howard’s steak house.
We always eat at Howard's steak house when in Gatlinburg. And take the drive through the mountains to NC and stop at Clingman's Dome.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
For those who have gone before, the reserved parking is sold out. What do you do for parking, considering how crowded this place is gonna be? Can you bicycle in and park somewhere safely, or some other options?

Can you spend 3 days here or is it a day or 2 to see all?

Thanks!
I've been to 7 of 8. Huge parking lot is shared by the Laconte center and the Island. It will get full though. They added annex parking across the road with a pedestrian bridge. You can spend a day at the GSMJI both inside and outside have lots of Jeep vendors. Last year there were 12,000 Jeeps and 25,000 Jeepers. A sea of Jeeps, unbelievable. There is so much to see and do in the area! Make sure to get off of the Parkway and venture into the Smoky's!

Sponsored

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Funny, but our RV trip will put us there on the 27th, so we'll be there. I second the comment about the Jeep outpost. Nice little shop with quite a few accessories.
20210803_131632.jpg

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Funny, but our RV trip will put us there on the 27th, so we'll be there. I second the comment about the Jeep outpost. Nice little shop with quite a few accessories.
20210803_131632.jpg
Don't forget Smoky Mountain Jeep Outfitters. They have a nice store too.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Oracle Lighting will be attending GSMJI! We are looking for a little help with our booth at the Convention center for GSMJI. If you are interested in assisting in our outdoor booth we are offering $40/ hr in ORACLE credit. Job duty is basically directing people to our main booth inside of the convention center.

Can be one day out of the three or all three days! :clap:

Please email [email protected] if you are interested! We look forward to seeing you there!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Pigeon Forge Jeep Invasion 49652279123_4dfcc2aafd_o

Mine&Hers

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
will be there that week have already booked a cabin

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads