2021 Pigeon Forge Jeep Invasion

lsufan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I plan on attending this year and looking for input from others who have previously attended to see what they have to say. This will help me plan my visit and any additional must see sites or places to eat are always a plus. I'm not sure if my better half will enjoy this as much as myself so looking at other options while in the area.
Sponsored

orangemachine

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
my wife and i returned from tn a couple of weeks ago after spending 3wks visiting the smokies, in august its very hot down there usually around mid 90 range, ur asking about places to eat,no specific recommendations but be prepared to wait at least an 1hr before being seated,and some restraunts close around 9pm,and qite a lot of traffic jams in and around pigeon forge, and gatlinburg.If looking for things to do take a tour of the cades cove loop road,u may see bear,cuyote, and wild turkey, i believe the loop road is closed to traffic on either tuesday or wendsday so bikers and hikers have road to themselves.U should do the tail of the dragon, we did and it is an adventure just be careful if u do it.As i stated before about the waits, pigeon forge businesse are having the same problems of finding help as other olaces in the US.Have fun and enjoy ur trip

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Highly, highly recommend the Dixie Stampede. It's basically Medieval Times at the Rodeo. Very 'merica, but loads of fun and surprisingly great food. Sure, it's kitschy and touristy, but it's one of our favorite things that we did out there.

Sponsored

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
What’s the date of this? Wife was down last year for a week with kids but not during the Jeep event, thinking of going this year possibly? When is it?

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
As @orangemachine said, the wait at restaurants is a minimum 1 hour due to the labor shortage and most places are running half a dining room. Hotels are having a hard time finding labor as well; so be prepared to pay top dollar for subpar accommodation. We got back a couple weeks ago and COVID-19 is killing southern hospitality.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
There's so much to do it would be impossible to include in a short write up. We usually only spend part of one day at the Jeep Invasion. Mainly a large vendor show but we've gotten good deals and been able to speak to the owners of several product manufacturers. It's a huge venue with thousands of jeeps attending each day. There is a short trail ride available near the event location, it's fun but only takes a short time. Other events are scattered and put together by vendors or clubs. I think there are also a few official evening events but have never gone to those.
Beyond that you have the entire Smoky Mountain National Park to explore. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg will be crowded and there will be lines for restaraunts and other entertainment. During the week, much less since most schools are in session by then. If you like the outdoors, there are scenic drives (Cades Cove) and hiking in the park. The Park Grill in Gatlinburg is a unique restaruant that we always enjoy. We travel to the area several times a year and always find new things to do.

OP
OP

lsufan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
my wife and i returned from tn a couple of weeks ago after spending 3wks visiting the smokies, in august its very hot down there usually around mid 90 range, ur asking about places to eat,no specific recommendations but be prepared to wait at least an 1hr before being seated,and some restraunts close around 9pm,and qite a lot of traffic jams in and around pigeon forge, and gatlinburg.If looking for things to do take a tour of the cades cove loop road,u may see bear,cuyote, and wild turkey, i believe the loop road is closed to traffic on either tuesday or wendsday so bikers and hikers have road to themselves.U should do the tail of the dragon, we did and it is an adventure just be careful if u do it.As i stated before about the waits, pigeon forge businesse are having the same problems of finding help as other olaces in the US.Have fun and enjoy ur trip
August 26-28
https://gsmji.com/

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Nobody's said it yet, so I will: Dollywood. Just the museum about her is worth it. Super fun, low-key place, but can be crowded. Not sure how things are running right now. Her new Dollywood Resort was fantastic. She put lots of her heart and soul into it.

Actually, I don't know how it is there now, with Covid-19 about. But at any other time, I'd recommend getting a hotel/waterpark/resort in Pigeon Forge itself; there are lots of campgrounds around as well. Be prepared to spend multiple days. Maybe visit the 1/3 of the Titanic!

Lots of fun there, even without a jeep. The main drag is pretty crowded nowadays in the summer, so prepare to gird your loins. Lots of short, parking lot to parking movment, and waiting in lines. (And get ready to wave your arm off at other jeeps)

August is probably super crowded already, if you haven't booked yet. And a jeep event will make it explode. It's a fun place even without a jeep event, and you can still visit in the winter when it is cheaper and less people.

What does your "better half" enjoy? Too much stuff there to even try to talk about here, but fun for all kinds. Do your research, and have a great time!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
If the new Jeep shows up in time, we may make it over. Probably hop on the Blue Ridge Parkway by Asheville and come up from under Gatlinburg. We prefer staying in Gatlinburg to PF.

I was in PF a couple weeks ago for work and it was packed.

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I always make a trip out to Cades Cove Jeep Outpost ( http://jeepthecove.com/ ) at the corner stop in Townsend (it is on the way to Cades Cove from Pigeon Forge on 321) when I go down there to the in-laws'. They have shirts and trinkets and also have some Jeep accessories too. Kind of like getting at-shirt at a Harley shop if you're a biker. LOL The only Jeep place I've found when down there so far. There are several good local restaurants outside of Pigeon Forge that the wait times aren't as bad at and the food is really good. Ate at The Riverstone in Townsend a few weeks ago when we we down there. Janice's Diner out in Cosby is pretty good too.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Well, our Jeeps been built, just waiting on it to get here. Just booked a cabin in between Gatlinburg and PF for invasion weekend.

JeepCpl

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry 80th Anniversary
Corkys Rigs & BBQ in Pigeon Forge. Awesome Pork BBQ. (Drive thru has very good deals that they don’t offer if you eat inside).
Sponsored