Sponsored

2021 or wait for 2022. Lease due soon. What's new for 22???

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I am thinking about the hybrid but a little concerned about 1st year issues as it's new for FCA. What do you think?
Personally, I think the whole waiting for the first year thing can go either way. Plenty of people on this forum who didn't want an '18 because of assumed problems, but wound up with a 19,20,21 jeep that has problems anyway.

Being a hybrid does weight things a bit more, though. But still, if that's what you want, go for it.
Sponsored

Shamwedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S | 2 Door | 6 Speed | Hydro
Because, it's insane to buy out a lease. During the lease you have a full warranty, full maintenance, no repair bills. Although I love Jeeps, I'm not taking any chances on issues in the long run. Just like anything, when the warranty is up, that's when problems start. When you buy out a lease, you continue to pay the full payment until the vehicle is paid off. Another 3 years or so. That payment along with no bumper to bumper warranty makes no sense. By the time the loan in fully paid the vehicle is falling apart. You pay either way, but I'd rather pay less upfront and end up with a known entity. One payment no problems.
So I used to have this same mentality. However, with the Wrangler, it just doesn't apply here.

Wranglers in general hold their value extremely well. I was looking at used ones, 2009 wranglers with 70K+ miles on them were still going for over 10K. 2015-2018 Wranglers with 56K+ miles were selling for 24k. They....hold...their...value like crazy.

Leasing is nice, because it softens the payment, but you get screwed the next time around because you wont have anything to trade-in. If you put money down, then you're tossing out more money for vehicle you'll never own.

I will admit - I just ordered a Jeep - and will be leasing, due to current financial situation, but I'm leasing at the lowest mileage coverage to keep the cost down, but I know I'm going to finance after the lease is up in 48 months. I'm buying out because I know the Jeep is going to give me an incredible trade-in value the next time around to where I'll be able to finance the next one without the lease. I'm driving a 2017 Ford Focus with 30K miles and after trade-in, I'll owe $500 lmao. I'm considering the route I'm going as a big reset button.

Just my thoughts. Is it perfect, absolutely not, but it's what's going to work for me and get me back into a vehicle that doesn't make me depressed every time I get into it.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I am thinking about the hybrid but a little concerned about 1st year issues as it's new for FCA. What do you think?
I don’t know - but 375 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque sounds pretty good to me ;)

im going to wait to drive one and see what I think

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Jeep has not sold any 4XE yet, so the leasing details aren't known. I researched the Chysler Pacifica lease deals and the leasing company doesn't always share the lease credit or they only share some l of the credit. Sometimes it is baked into the deal. I wouldn't order a 4XE with the expectation your going to get good terms on a lease. I would go into 4XE purchase thinking that your buying the vehicle outright to get the $7500 credit (assuming one pays enough taxes to get the full credit)
99% it will come off the cap cost - just like every other car manufacturer has done ( and what they did on the Pacifica).

if it turns up and for some reason it isn’t, then walk away. But with the hybrids being delivered fairly soon, you are going to know before the OP will be ordering.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Jeep has not sold any 4XE yet, so the leasing details aren't known. I researched the Chysler Pacifica lease deals and the leasing company doesn't always share the lease credit or they only share some l of the credit. Sometimes it is baked into the deal. I wouldn't order a 4XE with the expectation your going to get good terms on a lease.
On another forum board, someone local to me got a lease quote for incoming 4XE Rubicon. The FCA lease includes $7500 reduction. It does have a higher interest rate the Standard Wrangler (4.97% vs 4.08% on 48month lease) and the residual is 3% lower on the 4XE. With the same options, the 4XE lease is the way to go if that is what you want.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GGolds

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
On another forum board, someone local to me got a lease quote for incoming 4XE Rubicon. The FCA lease includes $7500 reduction. It does have a higher interest rate the Standard Wrangler (4.97% vs 4.08% on 48month lease) and the residual is 3% lower on the 4XE. With the same options, the 4XE lease is the way to go if that is what you want.
Okay, I think this does it. I'm going to see what I can do on a deal for a 4XE Rubicon. Thank you!.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI

Kizzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler
If you are a tech guy and want the latest gadgets. I would just wait for the 23 Wrangler. Expect a 360 camera system, uConnect 5 (larger screen, requires changes to dash), wireless charging, etc. Most of the 21 FCA lineup is already debuting with these new features, but Wrangler likely won’t have them until the refresh.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
On one hand, I thought the 2.0 was better for passing emissions requirements in other countries compared to the 3.6 -- but we know the 3.6 is still the favored engine. So I have no idea what they will do to pare down engine options.
It’s the engine displacement that is the issue in other countries.

They levy a hefty tax on gas engines over 2000cc (2.0L), some countries are as low as 1600cc (1.6L)

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Anyone know when the ‘22 models will start hitting the lots?
If they follow recent history, expect '22 orders to open in July with first deliveries in August, and dealer inventory to follow in early September.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
If you are a tech guy and want the latest gadgets. I would just wait for the 23 Wrangler. Expect a 360 camera system, uConnect 5 (larger screen, requires changes to dash), wireless charging, etc. Most of the 21 FCA lineup is already debuting with these new features, but Wrangler likely won’t have them until the refresh.
I read an article not that long ago that said Uconnect5 would be in all vehicles for 2022

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
My lease on my 19 Wrangler JLU is coming due in a few months. I almost never finance or lease something a second time again but I LOVE my Wrangler. I don't want to take a chance on a first year Bronco, and I've had 9 Jeeps in my life and nothing ever makes me happier. So do I get a 21, or wait until the 22 model year. What's changing for 22?. Does ANYONE have any idea?. I don't want to get a 21 and find out that something incredible arrives for 22. Mid cycle refresh?.
They need to replace the clutch on the manual with something that doesn't self destruct, triggering yet another recall and then "remedy" it with a band-aid software patch.
If I didn't know better, I'd say that Jeep is slowly, painfully and deliberately killing off the manual.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Most cars will last if you take care of them. Sure some have problems and you unfortunately bought one made on a friday. I generally keep a new car for 10 years and most have only had minor issues.

I just sold my DD after 15 years, 200k miles and only replaced the water and power steering pump in that time. Obviously I replaced wear items like brakes, battery, tires, etc.
Sponsored