Sponsored

2021 JLURD Parking Sensors

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Put on new rims with stock tires. The wheel offset pushes the tire out, and sets off the reverse parking sensors. I raised the spare tire carrier 4" but now rear view visibility is poor. Can the rear parking sensors be adjusted so they don't catch the edge of the tire and set off the warning?

IMG-2204.jpg
Sponsored

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Some people have had luck by turning their wheel with the valve stem in the 12:00 position. Don’t ask me how or why it would resolve the issue lol it didn’t work for me so I just turned off the parking sensors.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Sensors can’t be adjusted …lots have reported this problem when going to larger tires

OP
OP
Paulguy100

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Sensors can’t be adjusted …lots have reported this problem when going to larger tires
Thinking what if I could move the inner sensors out 3 or 4 inches? Also someone mentioned with a tire cover they no longer went off. Also, maybe a device to deflect the sonar so it had nothing to reflect off of? Just throwing out ideas.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking what if I could move the inner sensors out 3 or 4 inches? Also someone mentioned with a tire cover they no longer went off. Also, maybe a device to deflect the sonar so it had nothing to reflect off of? Just throwing out ideas.
My guess is with the offset of the new wheel as you said it pushes the stock tire out just past what it was originally and the sensors have a pie shaped beam and just the edge of one or more of those beams are catching the edge of the tire.

Im not sure extending the sensors out would be ideal as then you would have them sticking out and that’s an accident waiting to happen by getting broken off.

Before running out to buy a tire cover maybe get a small section of tarp that’s similar in material to a tire cover and use some paracord or similar to tie it snugly around the spare to see if it cures the issue or visit a dealer and talk to a sales rep and see if you could use one off of one they have on there lot just to test on the lot as it should be an easy test and if all else fails turn the sensors off and get comfortable using the camera as a reference tool.

Also I did a search and see if this can help you

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rning-lights-tone-w-oversize-spare-tire.8583/

Sponsored

OP
OP
Paulguy100

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
My guess is with the offset of the new wheel as you said it pushes the stock tire out just past what it was originally and the sensors have a pie shaped beam and just the edge of one or more of those beams are catching the edge of the tire.

Im not sure extending the sensors out would be ideal as then you would have them sticking out and that’s an accident waiting to happen by getting broken off.

Before running out to buy a tire cover maybe get a small section of tarp that’s similar in material to a tire cover and use some paracord or similar to tie it snugly around the spare to see if it cures the issue or visit a dealer and talk to a sales rep and see if you could use one off of one they have on there lot just to test on the lot as it should be an easy test and if all else fails turn the sensors off and get comfortable using the camera as a reference tool.

Also I did a search and see if this can help you

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rning-lights-tone-w-oversize-spare-tire.8583/
My bad, by out I meant spread them wider a few inches.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My bad, by out I meant spread them wider a few inches.
I’m thinking that’s not possible but maybe those that have had luck doing something to correct this can chime in, I don’t have the safety group on my Jeep so I back up until my 35” KO2 hits something and then stop…..lol

JMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I used the rough country relocation bracket #10529 that only moved it up 2.25 inches ( they have another that does 4.75inches). It worked, sensors are normal now (had some issues with the stock 285 tires even). I have 17” -6 pro comp wheels, 315 Cooper stt pros and mopar tailgate reinforcement on a JLURD. Hope this helps someone, I also didn’t want to go up 4 inches so took a chance on the shorter bracket.

New spare bump stops are a must of course, I used energy 29105 with no trimming, just shaved the mounting plug a little.

JMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Photos in case they are needed…
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLURD Parking Sensors 003B0D00-2CE5-4B90-A8F0-E00B3B7121B7
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLURD Parking Sensors 394D3717-A9B4-456C-963F-D43AA932263D
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 JLURD Parking Sensors EA68F7AB-5BEE-45A7-AAA0-74C535DCC492
Sponsored