First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Mine does...but, I only notice it when down shifting from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd. Acts, sounds and feels just like the Rev Matching I had with my MB AMG...I'm pretty sure its not supposed to but...it does...lol
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I’m assuming you’re referring to clutchless rev matching here. This is something I miss doing now that I have an auto. I got pretty good doing clutchless rev matching shifts up and down. My synchros didn’t like me though as I wasn’t perfect all the time. I took my muffler off and had dual exhaust on my old straight 6 YJ which made it easier to rev match. Fun times!

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Uh..does the Wrangler really have rev matching, because its not a sports car (in fact, furthest thing from one). Why would it need rev matching? To keep the rear from locking up when going around turn 3 at Laguna Seca at 9/10th? haha. I think not.

Maybe the money is better spend on the really difficult stuff like perfecting aluminum hinge assembly line techniques. and oil-submerged sensor design in the rear diff.

OP
OP
Fatalis12B

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Uh..does the Wrangler really have rev matching, because its not a sports car (in fact, furthest thing from one). Why would it need rev matching? To keep the rear from locking up when going around turn 3 at Laguna Seca at 9/10th? haha. I think not.

Maybe the money is better spend on the really difficult stuff like perfecting aluminum hinge assembly line techniques. and oil-submerged sensor design in the rear diff.
So...I know JL's dont actually have rev matching But, when coming to a traffic light or otherwise need to slow down I notice what seems to be Rev Matching as I downshift from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd...as I push in the clutch, take foot off of the gas and apply the brake I get a quick few hundred RPM "Blip". I can hear the engine, and see the Tach jump up 3-4 hundred RPM without touching the gas...only happens from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd...just like Rev matching...may need to take it in and have it checked out...its there...Just dont know why.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
So...I know JL's dont actually have rev matching But, when coming to a traffic light or otherwise need to slow down I notice what seems to be Rev Matching as I downshift from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd...as I push in the clutch, take foot off of the gas and apply the brake I get a quick few hundred RPM "Blip". I can hear the engine, and see the Tach jump up 3-4 hundred RPM without touching the gas...only happens from 4th to 3rd and 3rd to 2nd...just like Rev matching...may need to take it in and have it checked out...its there...Just dont know why.
I wonder if the rev fluctuation has to do with the eTorque assist. Is your engine a basic 3.6?

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That’s an emissions programming thing designed to burn the leftover fuel in the intake, and you’re going to smash your synchros up doing that. It’s not a sports car. It’s closer to a tractor.
Sponsored